The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Looks good. But from BBTS's preorder price, I'm guessing they're going to be Sideswipe-sized. Hopefully Nissan doesn't have the same hangups the Volkswagen Group does outside of Japan, and we can get US releases at $30-$50.

Nissan has been rather cool with it for some time now since they allowed the Fairlady 370Z and the new GTR to go on to their Alternity line. My old man has worked for Nissan for nearly 40 years and he never knew even while watching the cartoons that these guys were 280 Z's until I told him a long time ago. He knew they were suppose to look like real cars, just to him it didn't really pull it off.

He'd kind of like me to pick one up and bring it over if I ever get one.

Yeah, but what kind of bumper stickers would Hasbro print on Bluestreak? Maybe give him spinners, dub wheels, and other inappropriate crap like they did to Thundercracker.

I never owned Prowl or Bluestreak as a kid, and I don't have any special attachment to them outside of them being regulars on the cartoon. And since Prowl seemed to get more screen time than Bluestreak, I'm more inclined to get him than Bluestreak. Unless the Hasbro versions are under $40, in which case I'll hope he's similar to the Takara version but with more of a silver than gunmetal paint, and get both.

No way I'm getting Smokescreen, though. Never liked him.

Looks good, and like mikeszekeley, I don't have any attachment to Bluestreak or Prowl as toys. I will be getting Prowl, though, since he featured a lot in the 80's cartoon.

That said, I really like the shoulder cannons on Bluestreak. We'll see how my wallet feels when the time comes.

kind of want prowl, would much rather have Jazz though.

I agree, but that's like going to Five Guys with some friends and thinking you'd rather have steak. It's just not on the menu right now, might as well enjoy a burger. Prowl being a burger. I guess.

Gotta have Prowl...btw..did they say if Lambor will get a US release?

Highly unlikely. Lamborghini's part of the Volkswagen Group, who feel that Transformers are too violent and would rather market vans with stupid names to pregnant women than license their cars for toys that turn into robots, even if said robots are good guys. It's by some quirk of licensing that Takara was able to release him in Japan.

And if the rumors are to believed, Lambo has already ended Takara's license agreement. No further production/re-issues. If you want Sideswipe or Red Alert---buy now, or you'll never have one outside of ebay.

(it's to the point that Tigertrack may be cancelled)

I used to have the original prowl and I currently have the reissued g1 prowl, absolutely love it. I'll be getting two of each for sure.

Edit: The shoulder piece for these MPs are rather larger don't you think, and prowl's wings are not pointed upward. :huh:

Edited by Valkyrie2008

I'm still amazed at how expensive Masterpiece Grimlocks go for. When they rarely go for less than two bills, time to reissue, Hasbro.

Crazy news, though. I don't want every one of the new masterpiece but the red countach has been growing on me. I can get over the plastic tires....

I'm still amazed at how expensive Masterpiece Grimlocks go for. When they rarely go for less than two bills, time to reissue, Hasbro.

Crazy news, though. I don't want every one of the new masterpiece but the red countach has been growing on me. I can get over the plastic tires....

Lambor/Sideswipe's a good fig overall, lack of die-cast, hollow legs, no rubber tires, and high price tag notwithstanding. Like with most collector toys, he's most appreciated in person. I couldn't stop fiddling with him for the first week I had him, which isn't my usual norm. I love the way he looks, and because he's so light, he can hold a lot of various poses. No regrets.

A MP Prowl has been on my lifelong wishlist since first obtaining my original in '84. So far, this looks promising. I just so happen to have my BT Jazz and Silverstreak on my desk, and it looks like they borrowed heavily from BT shoulder designs. I hope there's a bicep swivel there, but it's hard to tell from the grainy pics. At least with the MP Fairladies, Takara didn't have to work in a steering mechanism, so the shoulders can be thicker than they were on the BT designs. From the pics, Prowl's missing some of his printing and the Autobot symbol is misplaced on his chest( should be right of center, with another symbol on his left leg over the glass). Hopefully the final production model will be corrected. If not, Reprolabels.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Takara goes for G1 animation, period, for MP's lately. That means Prowl's symbol is centered, with nothing on his leg. It's why Sideswipe has no blue markings at all, despite the toy's many stickers. (and an all-white rocket launcher)

KnockOut+BattleCat=awesome!

644492_451356528267880_659705003_n.png

576047_451356478267885_73030412_n.png

And since I don't own the RiD mold of Arcee, I think I'll pick up the new one, too:

67314_451356481601218_1833966701_n.png

59708_451356474934552_838671630_n.png

o_O Is that a custom paint job on Knockout or is that the new Beast Hunters scheme??

Arcee looks boss.

Edited by Vepariga

This may be a little weird, but I would be way more interested in a blue bluestreak than any other scheme they could possibly slap on that MP Z car mold. To the point I'd be willing to pay inflated middleman E-hobby prices.

ಠ_ಠ

y'all best be planing on fixing this Hasbro...

Meh.

He's toon accurate in bot mode. That's what matters to me. It's not like the cassettes spent a lot of time in tape mode on the cartoon anyway; I don't mind if he's got a different paint job on his alt.

The paint on the Takara version looks kind of sloppy, anyway.

Edited by mikeszekely

Well, color me surprised, but actually saw two FoC-Grimmys and a single FoC-Blaster at wally's tonite. Each at $22.96.

Also saw FoCs Ultra-Magnus and Sideswipe at $15.96 each.

No Blaster minions, tho. :(

---

Btw, saw some pics at TFW of FoCs Grimmy and Blaster priced at $6.99 at Marshalls. Prolly good if you can spot him at the price if you're near one of those shops.

found the pics at this thread:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/459493-official-ross-tj-maxx-marshalls-5-below-stores-new-instock-items-thread-128.html#post9085649

Edited by treatment

Yeah, so I went to TRU today and saw an FoC grimlock and FoC blaster for the first time... both of them had been opened. <_<

Steel Jaw had been stolen out of Blaster's packaging and Grimlock was apparently taken out of the box, played with then haphazardly shoved back into the trey/packaging. They had just been put out yesturday BTW.