DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Report #4:

NY began 2nd round of 21000 yen preordering (14000, 20000, 20000, 20000, 20500, 21000 are known prior rounds) around 02:32 (EDT), with 28 items available at 02:35, 14 items available at 02:44, 5 items available at 02:51. Ended at 02:56:32.

---End of Transmission---

Report #4:

NY began 2nd round of 21000 yen preordering (14000, 20000, 20000, 20000, 20500, 21000 are known prior rounds) around 02:32 (EDT), with 28 items available at 02:35, 14 items available at 02:44, 5 items available at 02:51. Ended at 02:56:32.

---End of Transmission---

wow it lasted pretty long this time

i think most people were watching NY because it was they were the most promising but when the price hit 21000 yen there was no reason to watch their site anymore. That last preorder lasted a good 25 minutes before running out.

Checking my account, my order now shows EMS, so it looks like they got my message and did in fact change it. But now it also says "Bank wire" instead of "pre-order" for payment. Hmmmn.

:;edit:: It's still the same as before, in that it still shows "pay now" as an option and takes you to a screen where you can select various methods of paying--it defaults to have "bank wire" selected, but I can still go to the paypal etc screens. So I don't think it'll be an issue. Will email them later just to be sure.

It's a ~1700 yen difference, so it was definitely worth asking.

I still haven't, not that I've been particularly diligent. I don't think I would have gone for it at that price though.

i think most people were watching NY because it was they were the most promising but when the price hit 21000 yen there was no reason to watch their site anymore. That last preorder lasted a good 25 minutes before running out.

Indeed. The price has reached YJA levels afterall. But better to have bought and overpaid a little, than never bought and desperately try to find one months down the road lol

To me, anything under 300 or 400 is a bargain at this point based on trying to get one since Xmas of 2011. Price isn't MUCH of an issue for me at this point---it's simply getting one, period. At less than half a grand shipped... (I think we all figured/hoped on a re-release long before now, and more of them---not trickling out a last few after they've slowly done every single other version)

My benchmark was at 14-20k max for initial waves of preorders as that was pretty much the starting auction prices, and I'll be damned if I can't get one even at that max price.

Weighing my option on paying 11 to 19k for the armor set or wait for a reissue instead... Or maybe consider a 2nd hand armor set

So this is the reply I got from HLJ about their 'Order Stop' status for the VF-25F. It's not good news for those still looking.

I also asked about why they haven't listed the RVF-25 yet.

Hi Xxxxx,

Thank you for writing back.

As I stated, orders were in fact taken for the stock we've been promised. When there's a chance we might be able to get more, items go to "Order Stop." It was a bona fide "Order Stop," if that's what you're asking.

I have just confirmed that the RVF-25 renewal version will be up shortly with the HLJ product number BAN980713 .

Thank you for shopping at HobbyLink Japan! We appreciate your business!

Best Regards,

Xxxxx Xxxxxx
HobbyLink Japan
www.hlj.com

Doesn't work, the order limit is 1. I tried for 2.

Thanks for the tip! I was able to get a rvf-25. But I thought the email you posted said Vf-25F "was a bona fide "Order Stop""?

Also, can't believe rvf-25 and cf-171 are still open. Your tip truly gave MWers an advantage.

Edited by royard

Thanks for the tip! I was able to get a rvf-25. But I thought the email you posted said Vf-25F "was a bona fide "Order Stop""?

Also, can't believe rvf-25 and cf-171 are still open. Your tip truly gave MWers an advantage.

That's what they told me. Direct quote.

Now we've all got the VF-25F, the waiting begins for the inevitable VF-25S reissue preorder madness :p

Graham

Considering we've been at this madness since Monday (given the delayed date), till this very moment, I hope it won't be as stressful.... HA! Yeah right.. who am I kidding? It's gonna be worse....

That's what they told me. Direct quote.

I guess their left hand doesn't really know what their right hand is doing, then. Anyhow, thanks again!

glad I checked hlj lol. got prolly the last vf-171 cf :D

finally have 4 reserved for that diamond formation pic

Good job! Can't believe an HLJ preorder lasted 25 minutes. I guess no one else was expecting the re-opening, because they didn't see Tober's tip!

Re-reading Tober's HLJ email, Order Stop status meant that there is a chance they might get more (also through cancellation perhaps?)

I guess when they have really sold out it would be Discontinued instead.