• 3 months later...

Just a couple of days ago, Chinese conglomerate Wanda Group purchased Legendary Entertainment for US$3.5 billion. Just how big is Wanda Group? They own AMC Theatres in the U.S. and Hoyts Cinemas in Australia, as well as several hotels and shopping malls worldwide.

What does this mean for Legendary?

$$$ to finally make Pacific Rim 2, as China was the largest market for the first film.

This is the hope that Guillermo was talking about.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*makes incoherent sounds of glee*

EDIT:

So these are being made by Max Factory? Between these and the 1/20 VF-1 (and yeah let's add that Mumei prototype to the list too), I am quickly paying more attention to this company...

EDIT 2:

Okay, that Kaname figure, too... Since it (and the rest of the Walkure figures) is part of the Plamax section, I'm guessing it'll be a kit of some kind?

Edited by kajnrig

Just a guess here, but if you look behind the figures...

The "pla" in Plamax comes from "plamo," the Japanese shorthand for "plastic model." That, combined with the runners behind the figures, suggests model kit.

Thanks guys...much better to ask than assume, and I guess my Google Fu was weak yesterday because I couldn't find anything prior.

-b.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...