• 2 weeks later...

The SKL pilots didn't actually pilot at teh same time, they just swapped positions. Pacific Rim definately seems closer to Godannar to me, complete with the twin drive.

but it lacks all the boob jiggle.

The merging thing is interesting, though will probably be as moviecliche as the clear bubble faceplates but I think I can enjoy the giant robot action and hopefully ignore all that.

Honestly, I never really paid attention to this movie until recently. With a movie title "Pacific Rim", I originally thought it was a film about some WWII conflict over the Pacific Ocean, like Pearl Harbor.

They should just change the title to Evangelion Gundam......to attract more viewers.

• 2 weeks later...

OK we got--

Tomokazu Sugita as Raleigh Becket (played by Charlie Hunnam)
Megumi Hayashibara as Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi)
Tesshô Genda as Stacker Pentecost (Idris Elba)
Tohru Furuya as Dr. Newton Geizler (Charlie Day)
Yuji Mitsuya as Dr. Hermann Gottlieb (Burn Gorman)
Shuuichi Ikeda as Herc Hansen (Max Martini)
Shigeru Chiba as Tendo Choi (Clifton Collins Jr.)
Daisuke Namikawa as Chuck Hansen (Robert Kazinsky)

So Leon from Macross Frontier, Amuro Ray, Char Motherfrakking Aznable, some Super Robot pilots... looks good! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1CBC5s5qmLY

OK we got--

Tomokazu Sugita as Raleigh Becket (played by Charlie Hunnam)

Megumi Hayashibara as Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi)

Tesshô Genda as Stacker Pentecost (Idris Elba)

Tohru Furuya as Dr. Newton Geizler (Charlie Day)

Yuji Mitsuya as Dr. Hermann Gottlieb (Burn Gorman)

Shuuichi Ikeda as Herc Hansen (Max Martini)

Shigeru Chiba as Tendo Choi (Clifton Collins Jr.)

Daisuke Namikawa as Chuck Hansen (Robert Kazinsky)

So Leon from Macross Frontier, Amuro Ray, Char Motherfrakking Aznable, some Super Robot pilots... looks good! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1CBC5s5qmLY

Oh Goodie!!!! I only have to wait until August 9th to see this! When does it open stateside? I never bothered paying attention to that.

I just saw it with the crew screening in Toronto and it's AWESOME! There's some obvious dialogue which will help out the 11-12yr olds in the audience. I hope it will blow their minds out of the water as Star Wars did for me.

It's pretty fantastic and the action doesn't let up. It really does show that ILM can actually do robots properly (I wasn't sure after the Bayformers) and someone actually understands mass, weight and inertia.

I gotta go back and see it in IMAX now in a theatre full of real audience. Guillermo was so kind and gracious that he even showed up to thank us and introduce the film. This was pretty much the top of my career so far - so much fun. Please everyone go see it and I can't wait to hear what you guys think of it. (look for Macross references in the Conn Pod interiors!)

I just saw it with the crew screening in Toronto and it's AWESOME! There's some obvious dialogue which will help out the 11-12yr olds in the audience. I hope it will blow their minds out of the water as Star Wars did for me.

It's pretty fantastic and the action doesn't let up. It really does show that ILM can actually do robots properly (I wasn't sure after the Bayformers) and someone actually understands mass, weight and inertia.

I gotta go back and see it in IMAX now in a theatre full of real audience. Guillermo was so kind and gracious that he even showed up to thank us and introduce the film. This was pretty much the top of my career so far - so much fun. Please everyone go see it and I can't wait to hear what you guys think of it. (look for Macross references in the Conn Pod interiors!)

Congratulations William! :D

Are you featured in the 'Pacific Rim: Man, Machines, and Monsters' book at all? I'm on the fence about getting it as I'm not sure how much of it is concept art... :unsure:

Congratulations William! :D

Are you featured in the 'Pacific Rim: Man, Machines, and Monsters' book at all? I'm on the fence about getting it as I'm not sure how much of it is concept art... :unsure:

Thanks! I don't know yet, I'm getting it for sure though, but no one has approached me about any of my artwork or drawings for the book (however, all of my artwork is the property of the Producers and studio, so they don't really need to talk to me at all).