lol!

DREAM GIRL

wow. my wife gives me grief when i masterba.... er... vigourly review all forms of art.

Ah. The key is to stay single, or find someone who tolerates a passion for uh....vigorously viewing all forms of art.

All jokes aside, I actually think the first Yuki figure is still the hottest figure...

CD Japan has posted the cover for Part 3 of the Yamato 2199 Soundtrack.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACA-15336

LACA-15336.jpg

Here's my translation of the track list, published at the Yamato Crew site:

1. The Yamato Sleeps Under the Setting Sun (Short)
2. March of the Yamato's Crew
3. Sorrow BG (The Scarlet Scarf)
4. Solar Suspense
5. Warp
6. Warp (B type)
7. Refreshing Falling Stars
8. March of the Yamato's Crew (Short)
9. Desperate Crisis (Short)
10. Yamato Great Ending
11. Great Ending (Strings)
12. Great Ending (No Strings)
13. Suspense Style Ending
14. The Infinite Universe (No Strings)
15. The Infinite Universe (Only Chorus)
16. Aligning the Carriers
17. Desler Attack
18. Desler Alone
19. Imperial City Defense ("Yamato Into the Vortex" Variation)
20. New Baleras
21. Presidential Office ~ Crumbling Hope
22. Encounter in the Void
23. Encounter in the Void (Short)
24. Azure Crystal
25. Shocking Scarf
26. Sorrowful Yamato (Only Oboe)
27. Great Love (Soul Guide)
28. Sleeping Desires
29. Sorrow (Death of Okita)
30. The Green Hills of Earth (Retourn Journey & Hope for Tomorrow)
31. R.I.P ~ Sleep Gently, My Friend (Short Size) Song by: JAM Project
32. Space Battleship Yamato (TV OP Short Size) Song by: Project Yamato 2199
33. Space Battleship Yamato (TV OP Short Fade-out Ver.) Song by: Project Yamato 2199

Also, the Soul of Chogokin 2199 Yamato's release has been set for January 25th, 2014

http://yamato2199.net/goods/soul_of_chogokin_01.html

Megahouse giving Yamamoto getting an "Origin" repaint in October.

Dunno why it's white but it sure looks good on her.

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/1287844/index

And has long Hair.

post-14942-0-98516200-1378689379_thumb.jpg

post-14942-0-64174200-1378689412_thumb.jpg

so how do you get that one? I kind of want this one instead of the regular version.

From Niconico live.

It is the weekly show to watch TV with the cosplayers' comments simultaneously on the Internet. Well, the TV broadcast itself is not aired on the net.

It is sponsored by Yamato Crew, the fan club. And we also hear some news from it. I watch it every Sunday evening (JST).

The next simulcast will be aired at the URL below. Try to watch it if you want to.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv151900519

One day, someone was posting some comments in English on the simulcast. And I answered to them. He watched the program from the US. So enthusiastic he is and finally came to watch the chapter 7 to Japan. And we met in Shinjuku last Tuesday. Now he arrived at home. The trip would be reported on his own web site called "Our Star Blazers.com/Cosmo DNA."

GOOD LORD that's the Yamamoto I've been salivating about-one with long hair! Too bad it's on the color-variant, as I'd love the original release version with longer hair...

Edited by myk

Ami has preorders open for the new SOC. It's nice but for almost 21,000 yen how come they didn't include the white ship markings? That's what made this version so unique.

I'm not as eager to preorder this one now.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002170&page=top

Is the Akira/Rei Yamamoto Megahouse 1/8 black figure sold out everywhere? I've tried a lot of the usual sites, but other than ebay where there are some insane prices, I cannot seem to find it.

Jesus, well that took me by surprise; I didn't think her pre-order would sell out. I'm having trouble finding her as well...

Ami has preorders open for the new SOC. It's nice but for almost 21,000 yen how come they didn't include the white ship markings? That's what made this version so unique.

I'm not as eager to preorder this one now.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002170&page=top

Yeah....not impressed. It doesn't have ANY of the markings that the ship gradually gained.

Chris

Jesus, well that took me by surprise; I didn't think her pre-order would sell out. I'm having trouble finding her as well...

I've had one on pre-order from AmiAmi for a while now, I'm don't want to cancel it but I'm not 100% sure I want to keep it either. :unsure:

I've had one on pre-order from AmiAmi for a while now, I'm don't want to cancel it but I'm not 100% sure I want to keep it either. :unsure:

She really isn't that great of a figure, IMO. I might jump on that long haired version if I can, though...

I like the short hair more than the long but I think the color is better on the repaint version. I mostly just feel bad buying a figure that I have no interest in beyond "it looks cool." It's not a character or show or sculptor or artist that I have any attachment to.

Yeah, instead of 2199 you'd rather connect to a show about Ponies that're supposed to be followed by little girls but instead of CREEPY 20 and 30 something's.

wow, that was uncalled for.

Edited by anime52k8

Don't care, neither my 1/1000 nor my 1/500 has those markings, but it didn't stop me from buying and building them up, and it didn't stop me from just now hitting the preorder button. :p

-Kyp

OCD, when manifested in collecting, can be a wonderful or terrible thing, depending on your point of view; and in either case, very expensive... ;):p^_^

Lol! I know how you feel. The other 2 kits apparently didn't have those markings due to the CG model not being finished yet....I guess? Since the 1/1000 tried to correct this by including them with the UN Fleet set. I was annoyed that they didn't start including those decals with the subsequent rerelease of the kit. :(

At any rate, I pre-ordered the new true 1/500 kit so I clearly have no room to talk! Lol :p

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Lol! I know how you feel. The other 2 kits apparently didn't have those markings due to the CG model not being finished yet....I guess? Since the 1/1000 tried to correct this by including them with the UN Fleet set. I was annoyed that they didn't start including those decals with the subsequent rerelease of the kit. :(

At any rate, I pre-ordered the new true 1/500 kit so I clearly have no room to talk! Lol :p

Chris

Hmm...I wonder if someone could take those U.N. Fleet set decals and make them larger for the SOC Yamato and the new 1/500 kit....? I'd certainly buy a set or two. ;)

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Apparently, the GX-64 Yamato will also be released here in the U.S. under the "Starblazers" moniker :

retaildescription.gif

The titular ship in the recent Yamato (Starblazers) 2199 anime tv series makes its grand debut in the Soul of Chogokin line! Eagerly awaited by fans, this is the classic version of the beloved ship with several modern updates. Measuring over 16" long, this is the largest version of the ship ever produced as a Chogokin, and features a combination of diecast and plastic parts to accurately portray the most minute details of the famed star cruiser. A full array of LEDs make the Yamato (Argo) come alive, allowing it to be displayed on it's journey to Iscandar, or any other world of your choosing. The North American release will include the original Japanese box design, but under the Starblazers moniker. Quantities are limited; so act fast, because once this thing blasts off, it will leave Earth behind forever.

Product Number: BAN15323
Shipping Weight: 14.00 pounds

Edited by Kyp Durron

That looks like a nice opportunity for those who missed the GX-57 Yamato and who want to buy one locally and save on shipping. THe LED affects are dreamy. :wub:

BBTS notes that it will be 14 pounds/6.34 kilograms. Damn! The first one was out of my reach and I don't know if I can fit this into the budget with all the other stuff I have planned at the end of the year. It's certainly tempting, though, and nice to see a limited release headed this way.

Edited by technoblue