Wes, I'm waiting for your youtube preview!

I have one of those also. I'm actually intimidated by it because I love the ship so much, that my feeble modeling skills would do that kit NO justice...

what i hope for, in any future reimagined EDF vessels is either the grebbles on nose ar variable pitch to allow clear lines of fire for the Main Guns... only the Cruisers, Frigates and Destroyers had no issues with LOS with their mains... and i still think the Frigates especially seem to have more firepower (in terms of how many barrels and weapon-looking locations on the ship's hull)... any chance those ships seen on CONCEPT SHIPS could see the light of day for any official IP?

is it YAJ, or YJA. I've always thought it was the latter.

BTW, I started freaking out last night because for some reason I thought Yamamoto was coming out this July. I'm glad it's not because I've got semi-expensive stuff coming up next month and not quite enough free cash to pay for it all, but I'm also bummed because that's an extra month before I get it.

It was up for a few hours. There were actually 2 clips, one with the funeral scene and a few bits more after it and

another with the scene where Yamamoto, Melda and Yurisha are in the mess hall heating ice cream. Melda's reaction to her first bite is priceless. XD

Edited by westfall

That's a pretty big spoiler there. You might want to try putting spoiler tags on that.

The guys who actually went to watch the movie are afraid of giving trouble and say nothing about the story itself. You and me.
Why can't he?
Just getting hilarious?
Edited by antibiotictab

That's a pretty big spoiler there. You might want to try putting spoiler tags on that.

Done, though you might want to edit your post or the spoiler tag i put on mine will be irrelevant.

Didn't think it was that much of a spoiler as by now everyone knows

Melda will be aboard and Yurisha is awake

. It is in the trailer, but i'll play nice. :)

And for those who don't mind being spoiled, here you go:

Edited by westfall

Done, though you might want to edit your post or the spoiler tag i put on mine will be irrelevant.

Didn't think it was that much of a spoiler as by now everyone knows

Melda will be aboard and Yurisha is awake

. It is in the trailer, but i'll play nice. :)

And for those who don't mind being spoiled, here you go:

Thanks for that Wes!

Yamato girls and ice cream....SO HOT!!!!1111

The original uploader of those clips has unlocked them and uploaded another, comprising the last bit of episode 22, including credits and episode 23 PV. It has since then been put on locked status but i managed to download it. So enjoy the awesomeness. :)

Edited by westfall

No one has talked about this news yet. Akira Yamamoto's VA was nearly attacked by a ruffian.

I heard she was shocked mentally, and she stopped her own Twitter in the end.

I hope she got better soon...

Edited by antibiotictab

Freaking psychopath. Why can't these perverts live like the rest of us as we lovingly covet our Yamato Girl PVC figures in the privacy of our dark bedrooms?

Freaking psychopath. Why can't these perverts live like the rest of us as we lovingly covet our Yamato Girl PVC figures in the privacy of our dark bedrooms?

2 years ago, Aya Hirano's stalker was arrested and about 4 months after the incident, Sphere's stalker site became so famous... Especially Aki Toyosaki, a member of the group, was the victim of the psycho.

Such guys who chaise VAs extremely sometimes appear...

Edited by antibiotictab

The 2nd score CD has come out last wednesday and my copy is on it's way. Meanwhile, some of the most anticipated themes have reached the web in Nico Video and youtube.

3. Fleet Gathering:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21210925

4. White Comet (Disco):

http://youtu.be/ungR9RPrnAM

12 and 13 - Garmillas Dimensional Submarine, normal and tympani versions:

http://youtu.be/oFkVKYvSZic

And as an extra, Hilde serving tea:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21120461/ Edited by westfall

The short

The short versions of "Scarlet Scarf", "Kioku no Hikari" and "Yosoro ~ Hoshi no Umi wo Koete" are the last 3 tracks. The full versions were released in singles.

Awesome & 'oh cr@p' - great that they're there, can't believe I missed the singles!

Edited by GMK

The 2nd score CD has come out last wednesday and my copy is on it's way. Meanwhile, some of the most anticipated themes have reached the web in Nico Video and youtube.

3. Fleet Gathering:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21210925

4. White Comet (Disco):

http://youtu.be/ungR9RPrnAM

12 and 13 - Garmillas Dimensional Submarine, normal and tympani versions:

http://youtu.be/oFkVKYvSZic

And as an extra, Hilde serving tea:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21120461/

OMG the Comet empire song seems sooo cheezy but i remember soiling myself the first time i saw The Battle at Saturn when i was little... how much is left for them to make to cover the 1st season of the original? is there any talk about The Comet Empire?

The Sub theme is immpressive just by itself, on the other hand

Edited by TehPW

VERY NICE...but I already have GX-57.

That 27,000 yen MSRP is nuts if it's the same size.

It's gonna have to blow me out of the water if I'm gonna pick this up.

It's 100% 2199 anime accurate, that's all I need to know, it will be MINE!!!!!!!!! BUT PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO MORE CRAPPY, INCONSISTENT WEATHERING!!

1281.jpg

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

have they announced what the gimmicks this new one will have? i already have the BPX-01 and GX-57 so the cosmo falcon launch bay alone won't be enough to make me buy.

on the other hand, if it will have RC turrets similar to the 1/350, then that's insta-buy for me.

have they announced what the gimmicks this new one will have? i already have the BPX-01 and GX-57 so the cosmo falcon launch bay alone won't be enough to make me buy.

on the other hand, if it will have RC turrets similar to the 1/350, then that's insta-buy for me.

One of the new features of the 2199 version of Yamato is the radical difference of concept in terms of the fighter hanger and hatch. In the new series, in order to accommodate a large compliment of fighters in a limited space, they are stored and deployed from a mechanical ring and palette system. This is faithfully reproduced in the new SOC with attention to minute detail. The ring itself is made of metal, and features the same action as in the anime. Additionally, the exit and re-entry hatch opens, and has a working launch catapult for the Cosmo Falcons.
Yamato2199_Hanger.png
Detail of the Hanger, Ring System, and Hatch/catapult System.
As with the previous SOC editions, this version also features a range of gimmicks operated by remote control. In terms of playable audio, a wide range of sound effects recordings are used in the new series, and some of the key effects were chosen for solo as well as multiple playback, completing the image of Yamato. In particular, there are two firings of the main guns that can be selected: The positron cannons (Shock Cannons) and the artillery rounds (Type-3 Fusion Shells). When you turn on the main power, the Wave Motion Engine fires up, while the engine nozzle and bridges begin to light up.
yamato2199_img016.jpg
Wave Motion and Sub Engine nozzles with animated LED gimmick.
The multi-colored LED light gimmicks, which can be controlled independently, also include the Wave Motion Gun firing sequence with a series of vivid lighting effects, and the signature build-up and firing sound effects. Another important aural element of Yamato is the music. As with previous SOCs, you can play five full cues from the score: 1. “The Yamato Advances,” 2. “Yamato, Into the Vortex,” 3. “Sortie of the Enemy Ships,” 4. “The Yamato Saga Theme,” and 5. “The Black Tigers.”
yamato2199_img014.jpg
Improved Wave Motion Gun animated LED firing gimmick.
■ Set Contents
• Space Battleship Yamato
• Removable Stabilizer Wing × 2
• Replacement Rocket Anchor × 2
• Cosmo Zero × 2
• Cosmo Falcon × 4
• Carrier-based aircraft for Ring × 6
• Base Stand with Remote Control

yamato2199_img013.jpg

Bow detail with CIC, Bridge, and Captain's Cabin LED lights.
■ Batteries (sold separately)
• AAA battery × 2 (main body)
• AAA battery × 2 (for remote control)

yamato2199_img017.jpg

Detail of Smokestack Missile Firing Silo.
■ Product Specifications
Approximate length: 425mm or 17.75" (Space Battleship Yamato)
Materials: ABS plastic, diecast, etc.

So...if you were a first time buyer like me, and had a choice between the original Bandai and the 2199 version, which would you recommend? Again, I can't see the physical differences between the two ships so they're literally the same to me. And $270? Yeah that's pricey...

The biggest visual differences, for me, are:

1) The area behind the launch rails for the Cosmo zeros. The 2199 version has a more boxy area that actually protrudes from the sides of the ship while the tradition design is more blended with the hull and also has a triangular cut out in it.

2) The wave motion gun barrel on the 2199 version is much more narrow, while the traditional version is very bulbous.

There are lots of other little things and details all over the ship, but those are most noticeable to me. Personally I much prefer the 2199 version. But she is also supposed to be bigger than what the Yamato used to be. It's now 333m!

Chris

So...if you were a first time buyer like me, and had a choice between the original Bandai and the 2199 version, which would you recommend? Again, I can't see the physical differences between the two ships so they're literally the same to me. And $270? Yeah that's pricey...

The 2199 version all the freaking way. You can't beat 100% anime accuracy, and I think the 2199 version is the best, most balanced design I've ever seen for the Yamato.

-Kyp