Had to work late - missed picking volume 5 up from the Post Office 'late collection' by 15 minutes - it's trapped there until Monday :(

Ouch, that sucks. Mine still on the way, so i'm really glad the episodes are already on the web. I think i would burst into flames if i had to wait for it to get here. :D

I recommend this very informative piece that just went up (*cough*cough*). ^_^

http://www.ourstarblazers.com/775_Yamatalk5/index.html

That Gwyn Campbell is one lucky fan... right, "Tochiro"?! ;) Informative as always. :)

Long sentences, a great job.
I know Mr. Campbell speaks Japanese, but those kinds of translations would be hard works for him.
I sometimes skip long terms here because reading such things in English makes me so tired.
Without getting into the zone, I couldn't use English...
His passion let him do those things. Wow...

Just saw the new ending sequence for the TV broadcast. The new song is bit too upbeat for Yamato but still nice. But the real gem is the new scroll. Asamiya has done another amazing piece of art:

tv1370162875155.jpg

You can also check out Rei Yasuda's facebook page for a short version video of the song.

Editorial Note: The previous post regarding this subject contained a link to a site with images of the sequence. Unfortunately the site had some regretable content, of which i was unaware. I therefore removed the post and humbly apoligize to everyone.

Edited by westfall

The best part of the latest batch... Kaoru fan service ftw ! :D

Niimi isn't in the shot... i guess you mean nurse Makoto Harada? :D

That is a great shot of the Domelus III. She really is a beautiful ship.

Chris

The subtitles spelled it Domelaze... strangely enough, i preffer that spelling. XD Who else?

By the way, here's the video for the closing sequence. And i do mean video, as the audio track was disabeled by youtube. XD Watch it before they take it down. :)

http://youtu.be/-jbvdLXHhhI

Edited by westfall

It will come with the Meltoria BattleCruiser and will be in scale with all the other ships 1/1000. Same as how the Kripiera destroyers will come with the Gaiderol battleship or the how the Destoria and Kelkapia came together ect.

Chris

The UX-01 is at 1/1000 scale. It is really just a case that, despite its awesomeness, it is a relativelly small craft. They could add an FS Torpedo Boat, as it appears docked with the UX-01 in the latest trailer. :-D

Edited by westfall

Hmmm... limited edition clear Cosmo Zero... I'm tempted.... :-)

attachicon.gifclear.jpg

post-14942-0-65274800-1370228574_thumb.jpg

According to the Niconico Live yesterday, they say it is also an another theater-exclusive item. It's gonna be an additional errand of you.

Anybody goes to Paris? Star Blazers 2199 will be screened at Japan Expo. Kawamori-san and 2199 appear in France in July.

I don't know anything about Anime Expo held on the same days in LA.

post-14942-0-92274800-1370229018_thumb.jpg

Edited by antibiotictab

It will come with the Meltoria BattleCruiser and will be in scale with all the other ships 1/1000. Same as how the Kripiera destroyers will come with the Gaiderol battleship or the how the Destoria and Kelkapia came together ect.

Chris

I spotted it at the left of this photo; yes, it's small.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHGZHHdCIAEJR-L.jpg:large

Update on the Mechanics page at yamato2199.net

First one is not that much of an update since it's just the Imperial Guard recolored version of the Polmeria Carrier

gamirasu_sn14.jpg

But then things get really interesting. First the long awaited Gerbades Class Battle-Carrier, named Darold (The Lord?!)

gamirasu_sn12.jpg

followed by the command section of the Domelaze III (the saucer ship)

gamirasu_sn13.jpg

And finally, the piece-de-resistance, the support craft for the Rainbow Star Cluster carrier group:

DWG109 - Debakke (2 types)

gamirasu_air05b.jpg

gamirasu_air05.jpg

DMB87 - Sunuka (2 types)

gamirasu_air06.jpg

gamirasu_air06b.jpg

FWG97 - Dorshiira (2 types)

gamirasu_air07.jpg

gamirasu_air07b.jpg

And finally, the Garont Heavy Bomber + Drill Missile

gamirasu_air08.jpg

Edited by westfall

Cool - wonder when the Garmilla tank is coming out?

Watched chapter 5 last night. Wow. How do they keep making it better with every episode?!

Quick question (from my 9 y.o. son!) - how does the UX-01 operate in the dimensional rift and not lose power?

Cool - wonder when the Garmilla tank is coming out?

Watched chapter 5 last night. Wow. How do they keep making it better with every episode?!

Quick question (from my 9 y.o. son!) - how does the UX-01 operate in the dimensional rift and not lose power?

The tank is coming with the Gaiderol+Kriptera set, bringing the total in the set to 4 craft.

As for your question, any answer is purely speculative. Though they use the data collected in episode 10 to modify the ships systems for subspace detection and to build those sonar buoys, the dimensional rift might be a different dimension from the one used by the UX-01, just with similar basic characteristics. If it was the exact same thing, not only would the UX-01 suffer power loss but it wouldn't be able to return to normal space. My more nerdy take on it is that the rift in episode 10 is a anomalous, self contained pocket of subspace separated from normal space by what they call the dimensional boundary layer. It is in this dimensional boundary layer that the UX-01 navigates, without actually crossing it. It can also be seen like our oceans, down to a certain depth the ship does fine, cross that and there's trouble.

As for your question, any answer is purely speculative. Though they use the data collected in episode 10 to modify the ships systems for subspace detection and to build those sonar buoys, the dimensional rift might be a different dimension from the one used by the UX-01, just with similar basic characteristics. If it was the exact same thing, not only would the UX-01 suffer power loss but it wouldn't be able to return to normal space. My more nerdy take on it is that the rift in episode 10 is a anomalous, self contained pocket of subspace separated from normal space by what they call the dimensional boundary layer. It is in this dimensional boundary layer that the UX-01 navigates, without actually crossing it. It can also be seen like our oceans, down to a certain depth the ship does fine, cross that and there's trouble.

Sounds workable - thanks for taking the time to think through an answer. I'll pass that one on to my son.

So we have this:

DWG109 = Messerschmitt Bf-109

FG156 = Me-163

DWG262 = Me-262

DWG229 = Horten Ho-229

DMB87 = Ju-87 Stuka (note the angled wings)

Any ideas for the others?

The DBG-88 is the JU-88 Mistel variant, and the FWG-97 could be the Bachem Ba-349 Natter or the Ta-183 Huckbein prototype that was never bult. If that bulge in the nose is a weapons pod I'd say it was the Natter.

Extended trailer for Chapter 6!

Wowzers-that's jaw dropping material there. Where's Yuki?!

Preorders are open for Megahouse's third figure in their Yamato Girls Collection Series...Yuria Misaki.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000373&page=top

Cute but...I dunno, I may pass on that one.

Now the only thing that's left is the 10-minute beginning of the next movie.

Great, it looks like

mutineers are going to be giving us trouble again.

Not again, lol...