Well, got my tickets for opening day and the 6th Yamatalk event so keep an eye on ourstarblazers.com in the coming weeks for coverage :-)

Noticeably less cinema merch this time for some reason, although I'm sure the opposite will be the case when the 7th (last) Chapter hits in August.

http://yamato2199.net/goods/theater_006.html

Oh... Hilde's new picture.

I wonder if she becomes the key person of the story.

Some fans call her "Gamilas Ranka-chan" in Niconico Douga/ Live in joke. But no joke? Interesting. :)

Since this is a Y2199 sculpt will it be sculpted/shaped somewhat different than the previous versions? I was never sure if there was a difference between the Yamato in the original series versus the 2199 one...

There are several visual cues that differentiate the original rendition of the Yamato and the 2199 version... too many to list; but the biggest one is the revised increase in the ships' length. The new SOC should reflect all these changes, but since I already have the original SOP Yamato I'm not biting on this SOC just like I skipped on the previous SOC release with the wide mouth WMG.

Is there a list somewhere of the visual changes? cuz, I can't see any. I love the live action version of the Yamato and can see the differences there.

received the Polmeria today. the box isn't as big as i had feared.

anyone here know the wingspan spec of the Meranka bomber? the included Mekakore kit has a 150cm wingspan. it looks too small to be 1/144, which is a bit of a disappointment since i was hoping it would be fairly in scale with the Dengeki Cosmo Falcon.

OT:

so two same-sized big boxes arrived, one from HLJ, the other from Amiami. shipping cost of the HLJ one was about 1500 yen cheaper even if it was actually a bit heavier and was EMS (the Amiami was SAL parcel). this peeved me a bit since this was the 4th package in as many months where i had to pay almost 6k yen for Amiami SAL.

anyway, we all know Amiami likes to use oversized boxes. i weighed this latest box and it was 1390g, with all the paper they stuffed inside it was 1970g. so almost 2kg of a total package weight of 5.4kg. that's a crazy ratio anyway i look at it. really makes me appreciate the air-filled bags and reasonably sized boxes that HLJ uses.

so i guess i'll be breaking up my Amiami orders into smaller parcels which will likely work out cheaper anyway, or better yet, i'll just shift more of my orders to HLJ.

many thanks, westfall.

so the Meranka turns out to be ~1/130. guess i thought wrong and imagined it like B-2 bomber-sized, when in universe it's more like the WWII Horten Ho229. (duh, probably why they call it DWG229)

i also measured the Cosmo Falcon and it actually comes to ~1/160 based on a 6.8m span from the yamato2199 site. i could've sworn i read somewhere that it was supposed to be 1/129 or 1/139.

anyway, i put the sprues side by side and they look good together, so i'm happy :D

There are several visual cues that differentiate the original rendition of the Yamato and the 2199 version... too many to list; but the biggest one is the revised increase in the ships' length. The new SOC should reflect all these changes, but since I already have the original SOP Yamato I'm not biting on this SOC just like I skipped on the previous SOC release with the wide mouth WMG.

Hmm...well I don't have the original SOP and I'm turning into a bit of a 2199 fanboi so maybe this version would be worth looking into. Still haven't forgiven myself for passing on the Andromeda, though...

The time between volumes really hurts watching this thing. I finally caught up with 15-18, and it had been so long since I watched the last set I felt a little lost.

I think the next volume comes out......this month? That should help alleviate any remaining pains...

Hmm...well I don't have the original SOP and I'm turning into a bit of a 2199 fanboi so maybe this version would be worth looking into. Still haven't forgiven myself for passing on the Andromeda, though...

Me too! I should have picked up the Andromeda!

Me too! I should have picked up the Andromeda!

Well, look at it this way. If 2199 gets a sequel then they'll probably do ANOTHER Andromeda and this one'll be all 2199'd up!

The time between volumes really hurts watching this thing. I finally caught up with 15-18, and it had been so long since I watched the last set I felt a little lost.

I think the biggest problem created is that it's hard to do proper cliffhangers, which I love.....

Personally I love the wait. It's nowhere near the wait between episodes of 0083 oe even between Macross Plus eps 3 and 4 back in the day, but is long enough to make me go back and rewatch episodes a few times - something I rarely have time for with other series - and gain a new appreciation for them. The wait heightens the anticipation and thats something I dont mind with a series as high quality as 2199. Such series are few and far between and deserve to be savoured.

Yeah, I regret not grabbing the Andromeda back when it came out too. Will probably get this.

For those waiting, the next BD drops on July 26 (or tomorrow if you are in Japan ;) )

http://augustragone.blogspot.jp/2013/06/yamato-2199-chapter-6-bows-june-15th.html

Since this is a Y2199 sculpt will it be sculpted/shaped somewhat different than the previous versions? I was never sure if there was a difference between the Yamato in the original series versus the 2199 one...

If this new Y2199 SOC doesn't have the white paint markings I'm gonna be pretty bummed.

That's one of the majors differences that I prefer over the Resurrection Yamato...that and the high amount of detailing that is put into the CGI model.

Good point. I guess I can wait for a rerelease :D

Personally, I would like to see a few alterations to the original design: another main gun battery, some AA turrets; anything to make it a little more agressive looking...

I wonder if now is a good time to admit to owning this.

8608911738_67a5c55580_c.jpg

It's the original release, and I still haven't put it together.

Admit to? The Andromeda is the single most beautiful sci-fi ship design...EVER!

So, Tochiro, awaiting your report, as usual. :D

Wes, I'm waiting for your youtube preview!

I wonder if now is a good time to admit to owning this.

8608911738_67a5c55580_c.jpg

It's the original release, and I still haven't put it together.

I have one of those also. I'm actually intimidated by it because I love the ship so much, that my feeble modeling skills would do that kit NO justice...

Wes, I'm waiting for your youtube preview!

I have one of those also. I'm actually intimidated by it because I love the ship so much, that my feeble modeling skills would do that kit NO justice...

What preview do you mean? For chapter 7? I can only post that when Bandai Channel puts the movie up for sale which is about 10 to 15 days before the Blu-Rays come out so... about another month. :)

I also have that Andromeda model and the only reason i haven't built it yet is because it just seems a bit disproportionate, too short for the height it has, the mechakore model has better proportions. Still, i will eventually get to it, though comparing it to the 2199 models, it seems so bland i'd like to add a bit of surface detail to it. If were lucky enough to get a Yamato 2201, i'm sure an awesome model will come out. But even if 2201 doesn't come to pass, i think Bandai should go with the flow and just get some models of season 2 out, with redesigned features. :)

The Yamato gets fraked up.

But then the Yamato frakks crap UP.

THINGS EXPLODE.

It was good.

The End.

Not as detailed as i would have liked and that much is what everyone had already figured out would happen. XD

But thanks, just the same.

What preview do you mean? For chapter 7? I can only post that when Bandai Channel puts the movie up for sale which is about 10 to 15 days before the Blu-Rays come out so... about another month. :)

I also have that Andromeda model and the only reason i haven't built it yet is because it just seems a bit disproportionate, too short for the height it has, the mechakore model has better proportions. Still, i will eventually get to it, though comparing it to the 2199 models, it seems so bland i'd like to add a bit of surface detail to it. If were lucky enough to get a Yamato 2201, i'm sure an awesome model will come out. But even if 2201 doesn't come to pass, i think Bandai should go with the flow and just get some models of season 2 out, with redesigned features. :)

Not as detailed as i would have liked and that much is what everyone had already figured out would happen. XD

But thanks, just the same.

I don't know Bandai's schedule for previews, which is why I always click on this thread in giddy anticipation of whatever 'vids you post. I didn't know that the Andromeda kit we have is "shaped" wrong; that's a bummer but I hope to get to it someday, although I've had the kit for like 20 years, lol...

I don't know Bandai's schedule for previews, which is why I always click on this thread in giddy anticipation of whatever 'vids you post. I didn't know that the Andromeda kit we have is "shaped" wrong; that's a bummer but I hope to get to it someday, although I've had the kit for like 20 years, lol...

If anything surfaces ahead of that, be sure i'll post it. :)

I don't know if it's actually shapped wrong. To me, it looks a bit short.

Edited by westfall