Now the only thing that's left is the 10-minute beginning of the next movie.

Great, it looks like

mutineers are going to be giving us trouble again.

I don't think they're mutineers, since there is a guy wearing a Garmillan uniform. My theory:

they're with that girl we've seen with the garmillan gun and translator device and they infiltrated the Yamato (as for the how, i haven't got a clue, maybe in the prison planet...) with the purpose of capturing Yurisha and taking her to Desler. They know she's onboard from Mirenel's report, though they don't know the whole coma thing which, given Yurisha seems to be awake now, isn't relevant. Given Yuki's resemblance to Yurisha and the fact they seem to be discovered at some point, they end up kidnaping the wrong girl. Desler will not be happy when he finds out. :D

The subtitles were made from direct dialogue translation by fellow fan "Hoshi Ban" and english text revision by me.

Oh, that Japanese guy was so kind. B))

I want to meet him some day. lol

I don't think they're mutineers, since there is a guy wearing a Garmillan uniform. My theory:

they're with that girl we've seen with the garmillan gun and translator device and they infiltrated the Yamato (as for the how, i haven't got a clue, maybe in the prison planet...) with the purpose of capturing Yurisha and taking her to Desler. They know she's onboard from Mirenel's report, though they don't know the whole coma thing which, given Yurisha seems to be awake now, isn't relevant. Given Yuki's resemblance to Yurisha and the fact they seem to be discovered at some point, they end up kidnaping the wrong girl. Desler will not be happy when he finds out. :D

Shoot, unless Desler doesn't like girls he should be VERY happy to have Yuki brought to him lol.

Chapter 6 Trailer - Subbed version
The subtitles were made from direct dialogue translation by fellow fan "Hoshi Ban" and english text revision by me. There may be some errors here and there but overall i think it's sound. Feel free to pitch in any corrections. :)

AS IF THE NEW, LONGER EDIT OF THE TRAILER WASN'T ENOUGH TO HAVE US IN A FRENZY... THE 1ST ACT OF EPISODE 19 IS UP!!! I'M GOING TO FREAKIN' BURST!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP4ExOJzyNE

Thanks a bunch man!

Sorry for quoting myself... XD

This has actually been cleared up with the new clip, as we see those "crew members" are 2nd class Garmillans. I came up with an insane theory that i've already posted in other places to get a pulse on it. Here it is:

What if the drill missile is not just a missile but a troop insertion ship?They launch it, it disables the enemy main weapon and boars a nice little entry path for a group of assault troops, nicely stored in that room, inside the missile. That explains why such a thing exist in a missile and why it has a "reverse gear" at all. They send the missile with those Zaltz troops to retrieve the iscandarian and extract her before the ship is destroyed by the attack group. Yuki is part of the troops that fight the intruders off. Wen they see her they mistake her for Yurisha and grab her. Now, what i haven't yet fully drawn in my mind is wether they were supposed to get back to the missile, put it into reverse and fly away with their prize or if the missile is actually supposed to explode and they were supposed to use some other means to escape, like a Seagull (probably with an escaped Ito and Yabu aboard). XD They end up having to go to plan B when Analyzer and Niimi put the missile/drop ship into reverse and send it out into space. Whatever way they find to leave the Yamato, the mission seems to be successful (aside the fact they grab the wrong girl) as at least one of the infiltration team is seen escaping with Yuki in his arms and is later in Desler's ship with Yuki. This notion is crazy enough to be right...or at least close enough.

I would....imagine that Desler would know right away if he had the wrong girl? I'm under the impression that all of those people know each other. I certainly hope that isn't going to be a chapter cliff-hangar and I can't wait to see how they're going to resolve that one...

Edited by myk

I would....imagine that Desler would know right away if he had the wrong girl? I'm under the impression that all of those people know each other. I certainly hope that isn't going to be a chapter cliff-hangar and I can't wait to see how they're going to resolve that one...

Desler might know but the infiltrators might not. Also, given the resemblance between Yuki and Yurisha, and the fact the team is inside an enemy ship and, apparently, being shot at, they might not.

Another way for the infiltrators to get on board

is by using that FS Torpedo Boat we see attached to the UX-01, given they seem to be assigned to Fraken. They approach the Yamato, submerged in the dimensional boundry layer, surface, launch the tiny ship (much like one of those rescue subs that attaches to subs in trouble). Inside the Rainbow Star Cluster, provided they keep it's characteristic intact, the Yamato won't be abble to detect them surfacing and aproaching the ship. This is probably more plausible than my "drill missile is a drop ship" concept, though that would provide some proper explanations for the use of the missile and some of it's design quirks. It can also be a bit of both. They invade using the missile and retreat using the FS Boat...

I gotta take my medication...badly... XD

AS IF THE NEW, LONGER EDIT OF THE TRAILER WASN'T ENOUGH TO HAVE US IN A FRENZY... THE 1ST ACT OF EPISODE 19 IS UP!!! I'M GOING TO FREAKIN' BURST!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP4ExOJzyNE

2:12~ Desller call Domel "Erich"; his first name. Like a General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.

5:55~ Hitlerjugend?

7:08~ "The 442nd Special Work Platoon?" The 442nd Regimental Combat Team of the US Army in WWII? All of the members were Japanese Americans.

And this is not my opinion. They say, the last singing scene is like "Battle of the Bulge." I have never watched it.

Wow...

And this is not my opinion. They say, the last singing scene is like "Battle of the Bulge." I have never watched it.

Wow...

A *tiny* bit like this scene from Casablanca. How good would a scene like this Casablanca one be in 2199, with the Gamilons singing their cool anthem and the humans trying to drown them out with the song being sung at the end of the battle for Pluto. There is no way they could work it in, but it would be good though.......

40$ for one of the singles is too much indeed. Even the actual soundtrack is less than that... I got the soundtrack and the first 3 singles but i got the singles mostly for the cover art. XD Can't wait for the second CD to come out... Damned delay.

Edited by westfall

Since no totally clean version of the 2nd TV Ed scroll has surfaced, i took it upon myself to make one. And, man, this one took some work. After getting the video in high quality and making as many screencaps as necessary to stitch it together, came the fidly task of getting rid of all the text, which in places, due to the movement of the ships, requires more than just puting images together. I'm quite happy with the result, i hope you all like it too.

Yamato2199Scroll2correctedlevels_zps995b4ccc.jpg~original

Edited by westfall

Daaaamn! While I have no hard figures to back this up, I think the tv broadcast has indeed given the show a popularity boost. Tickets for Ch.6 opening day just went on sale and it was by far the most difficult it has ever been to get tickets to one of the opening day talkshows. Cinema website utterly crashed. I hate to think how hard Ch.7 will be to get into.

On the good side - more demand means more hope (and at this point its hope and nothing more) for some sort of a prequel/sequel.

Daaaamn! While I have no hard figures to back this up, I think the tv broadcast has indeed given the show a popularity boost. Tickets for Ch.6 opening day just went on sale and it was by far the most difficult it has ever been to get tickets to one of the opening day talkshows. Cinema website utterly crashed. I hate to think how hard Ch.7 will be to get into.On the good side - more demand means more hope (and at this point its hope and nothing more) for some sort of a prequel/sequel.

As much effort as has been given tp gove Hijikata a prominent role, I don't see them missing an opprtunity to do Yamato 2.

Daaaamn! While I have no hard figures to back this up, I think the tv broadcast has indeed given the show a popularity boost. Tickets for Ch.6 opening day just went on sale and it was by far the most difficult it has ever been to get tickets to one of the opening day talkshows. Cinema website utterly crashed. I hate to think how hard Ch.7 will be to get into.

On the good side - more demand means more hope (and at this point its hope and nothing more) for some sort of a prequel/sequel.

Hm. Once the old fans who didn't know the screening last year came back, it would be extremely difficult to get the tickets because Yamato was a social phenomenon in Japan in 1977 and 1978.

I remember the big bang boom at the time. I think I am a no hard-core Yamato fan, but I know the story roughly because everyone wanted to watch Yamato. Not every kid, everyone literally; both the old and the young at once.

The broadcasting is widely spreading. Did you watched the Niconico Live last Sunday? In the ranking of the rate of the TV programs recording, Yamato was on the second place. And its program rating has getting better and better; about 8% in Nagoya and Sendai.

I heard some fans are planning to come from America to Japan to watch Yamato in August. One of them said they want to go to "the premier" of Chapter 7, but I answered to him it's gonna be hard to get the tickets. Even Chapter 6 is like that, not to speak of 7.

Edited by antibiotictab

Well, given that, pre-broadcast, the show was apparently not performing to expectations and the fact that it required such a long pre-production period, I think that a sequel is far from guaranteed.

That statement surprised me. I always thought this was doing extremely well... :(

That statement surprised me. I always thought this was doing extremely well... :(

Its been supported by very hardcore fans up until now. People who see it 7 or 8 times in the cinema. AND buy the limited editions of the blurays (which is why I roll my eyes when people bitch about the price of importing). The tv broadcast seems to have expanded the audience though, which is a great thing.

Thank you, Obrigado, Arigatō, Gracias, Grazie, Danke, Spasibo :) ; snagged one at playasia for just under $96.00 shipped... BBTS is asking far too much, and with Bill-Me-Later I can delay payment until I get the figure, which almost makes up for the fact that they require payment upfront if paying with Paypal.

VERY NICE...but I already have GX-57.

That 27,000 yen MSRP is nuts if it's the same size.

It's gonna have to blow me out of the water if I'm gonna pick this up.

■ Product Specifications
About 425mm total length: Space Battleship Yamato body
The main product material: ABS, die cast, etc.

■ Set contents
And Space Battleship Yamato The main body, removable stability wing × 2
• Replacement rocket anchor × 2 · Cosmo Zero × 2
Cosmo Falcon × 4 · carrier-based aircraft for base × 6
· The main body for pedestal remote control ■ Battery (sold separately)
· AAA battery × 2 (main body)
· AAA battery × 2 (for remote control)

NewSOC5.jpg
NewSOC4.jpg