Yikes! The extra long case I ordered wouldn't even give me shipping quote in my private warehouse. I emailed HLJ about it and they told me that it is an oversized item and has to ship in it's own box with NO other items. Cost estimate for shipping is 6800 yen for EMS or 6100 yen for SAL! Well, needless to say I just sent a return request for that case. Sucks too, as I really wanted it...oh well. :(

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Yikes! The extra long case I ordered wouldn't even give me shipping quote in my private warehouse. I emailed HLJ about it and they told me that it is an oversized item and has to ship in it's own box with NO other items. Cost estimate for shipping is 6800 yen for EMS or 6100 yen for SAL! Well, needless to say I just sent a return request for that case. Sucks too, as I really wanted it...oh well. :(

Chris

That sucks, these cases are really reasonably priced initially. I'm surprised they won't ship anything else with them as it was such a waste of space... basically I paid EMS to ship a big box of air-filled plastic bags. Let me know if you find another retailer that might have these cases with more reasonable shipping.

Gotta convince a local hobby shop to carry them.

Edited by wm cheng

Yeah, the one that you posted and that I also got was expensive to ship but could still have other things included so it wasn't too bad. But, the super long one, that could fit a 1/350 scale battleship (perfect for the 1/500 2199 Yamato and Domelus III) is where the problem is. So disappointed, I'll let you know if I find it elsewhere.

Chris

Yeah, the one that you posted and that I also got was expensive to ship but could still have other things included so it wasn't too bad. But, the super long one, that could fit a 1/350 scale battleship (perfect for the 1/500 2199 Yamato and Domelus III) is where the problem is. So disappointed, I'll let you know if I find it elsewhere.

Chris

Hey would this super long one fit the Bandai 1/350 Yamato? (do you have a link?)

Here you go William: http://www.hlj.com/product/YLSPPC-K26. I MAY still get one as even after the $68 shipping guesstimate from HLJ, it will still be cheaper than anything else I have found. Looks like it should fit the Bandai 1/350 easily.

This is the next best case I could find. It was available on amazon earlier today but has sold out. It did say more where on the way earlier.

http://www.amazon.com/Displays2go-AF292X11BK-Acrylic-Display-Countertop/dp/B00CO8TGWO/ref=pd_ybh_4

Also here:

http://www.displays2go.com/P-16162/Model-Ship-Cases-That-Include-An-Acrylic-Ring?o=1-26999

I will admit I am fond of the one from Amazon/displays to go and it would only be about $50 more since I am a prime member and should have free shipping.

Chris

For the Yamato fans.

Today's Yama-talk is a live broadcast on Twitter, so if you understood Japanese, you could enjoy it at the same time without going to Saitama. https://twitter.com/new_yamato_2199

I just watched a clip of Deslar's final battle with the Yamato... and a thought occured to me about Talan. Now maybe im presuming things based on my own experiances in the Navy (at least my own understandings about things at least, as best my rank will allow) but regardless of the fact that Deslar put the ship in harm's way by attacking the Yamato in 'warp space' for lack of better term, does Talan not have the authority to remove Deslar from causing the ship into hazard? (again, presumption) I mean, If Talan had testes, would he have risked Deslar's wraith in order to make a point, to his surpreme boss? or was his hesitation based on the fact the toon was spineless or was his inaction a cultural limitation? and when i mean Cultural, i mean both in terms of Gamalas/Nazi Germanic or Japanese cultures...

Edited by TehPW

Honestly, I'm kind of underwhelmed. For such a perfect "look at my ass" pose, she doesn't have that great of an ass. At least compared to the previous sculpts.

Honestly, I'm kind of underwhelmed. For such a perfect "look at my ass" pose, she doesn't have that great of an ass. At least compared to the previous sculpts.

I think if they had made Niimi with the Melda Deitz proportions, the figure would 'mysteriously' disappear in customs :p

I sincerely hope that Captain Okita won't be the only guy in the "Yamato Guys Collection." I'd love to be able to have most of the core characters on my shelf.

I can't wait to see Kodai, Shima and Sanada. For the girls, Yurisha and Starsha. Sasha would be nice but since her only appearance in the show was after her death, I'm not sure whether her figure would be upright or horizontal. If it's the latter, that'd be kinda morbid.

Edited by Drad

Just re watched the whole series - does anyone have the title of the track that's played near the end of episode 26 when the Yamato has returned to earth? Is it on any of the sound track CDs?

Which do you mean?
The movie version: 愛の星 (Ai no Hoshi) by Nana Mizuki.
The TV version: Distance by JUJU.
Both songs were not included in the soundtrack albums.

Just re watched the whole series - does anyone have the title of the track that's played near the end of episode 26 when the Yamato has returned to earth? Is it on any of the sound track CDs?

Track 30 in the Part 3 Soundtrack CD.

So... who's going to buy the 1/500 Cosmo Hangar set? Not really sure about that since i used the hangar cavity to place a blue LED unit to light the fiber optic cable lighting the WMG! XD But the upcoming 1/12 scale AU-09 is a must have. :D

dm140407.jpg

Whoa! Where can I get those!? That would make things SO much easier for me!! Let's see there is a zero elevator, and what looks like photo etch radars and a photo etch third hangar! Don't care about the falcon hangar though. More info please.

Chris

Wow, I love the photoetched and additional details - can't wait to see what you do with them! But at 1/500 scale, you'd think they should have included these gimmicks at such a large scale already.

Wow, I love the photoetched and additional details - can't wait to see what you do with them! But at 1/500 scale, you'd think they should have included these gimmicks at such a large scale already.

100% agree

I also am thinking these are going to be web shop exclusives and are only available to Japan. I don't know how to get them. :(

Chris

I believe the Premium Shop exclusives are the Blue Pormelia and the photo etched detail parts, as they're in the Premium box. I believe the rest will be released through the usual channels. More as it develops. :)

Edited by westfall

I believe the Premium Shop exclusices are the Blue Pormelia and the photo etched detail parts, as they're in the Premium box. I believe the rest will be released through the usual channels. More as it develops. :)

Crap, the photo-etch is what I really want. :(

Chris