wouldn't think it'd of been based on the movie, right time frame but it didn't have the movie look to it. I ordered the expansion set too for it, even though it'll be several months from now.

Hm.......what else am I missing?

I know GX-57 is based off the Revivial Movie.

The previous 1/500 I'm not as sure...I always thought it was based off Kazutaka Miyatake's PS2 video game design and also supervised by Matsumoto.

I don't think so, the Live Action Movie Yamato is quite different (I'd jump at a model of that version!)

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=68932

Wow, 2,200,000 yen...
I should have watched it more carefully when I went to Shizuoka Hobby Show in 2012.

Wow, 2,200,000 yen...
I should have watched it more carefully when I went to Shizuoka Hobby Show in 2012.

WOW. I thought the SOC 2199 ship was impressive; that thing is amazing...

Guys, there is NO mass produced live action movie version of Yamato. The only model of that ship, that I'm aware of is the custom one that WM Cheng posted. The 2010 "1/500" Yamato IS the 2199 Yamato.....probably released to capitalize on the live action movies release. The 1/350 kit is the PS game design.

Info on the new 1/500 kit and how it differs from the 2010 kit, ie size.

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/813/

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/77/

The 2010 kit:

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/647/

Info on the 1/350 kit:

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/165/

Yamato model history:

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/164/

Also, look back to page 55, where we already had this discussion about the model versions of Yamato. I posted comparison pictures for the different versions of Yamato. Post #1900 has the comparison pics.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35927&page=55

Chris

Nope, you are incorrect sir.

Chris

I stand corrected. Must be this description in HLJ that confused me ;-P

"Just in time for the eagerly awaited live-action "Space Battleship Yamato" movie debuting in Japan this December, Bandai serves up this fantastic all-new tooling of the iconic ship! Based on painstaking research on the ship's design for the original 1974 animated TV series, this 1/500 kit will measure 53cm (that's 20.86 inches) upon completion! The main guns will have impressive swiveling action, thanks to a built-in gear gimmick. Clear parts will be included for use in the first and second bridges, Wave-Motion Engine, and Wave-Motion Gun. A display stand is also included, along with six small craft: two apiece of the Cosmo Zero, Black Tiger, and Cosmo Tiger II. A snap-together kit that can be assembled without glue. Molded pretty much in color, but to really do it justice it will need some paint!"

New model box art. First the upcoming Garmillas set 4:

banm140410.jpg

Also, for the new 2199 Mecha Collection kits 1 and 2. These are just production images of the ships, not new art, but still cool. Next in line will be the Destoria and the Lambea, followed by the Deusler II Dreadnaught.

banm140413.jpg

banm140416.jpg

I liker her. her face, boobs and butt are better than the Yamamoto. I'm a little disappointed in the final color/finish though; I was hoping the medium purple on her torso would be shinier and more metallic. as is it's just a sort of dull sheen.

Got Melda a few days ago. She's great. Really pops. :)

I think we all popped when we laid eyes on her.

Anyway, I'm still in love with my Yuki figure, though. If they ever came out with a Yurisha I'd just faint...

Edited by myk

I'm sure Yurisha and older sister Starsha are in the works, and they'll both be excellent. I'm just hoping that Megahouse doesn't cheap out on Starsha's sculpt and not give her any legs just because they're never visible under that super long dress.

Edited by Drad

Well they need to hurry up with those girls!

In any event, uh....what happened to the US release of 2199?

Hey does anyone have any pictures of the rear of the Yamato 2199 that shows any tiny white waterline / plumb markers at where the red meets the grey similar to those that are at the front end near the torpedo openings? I seem to remember seeing them there on some graphic, but can't seem to find it anywhere in my books or online - maybe I just imagined it or its from a pre-2199 shot I've seen somewhere.

Thanks.

I'm sure Yurisha and older sister Starsha are in the works, and they'll both be excellent. I'm just hoping that Megahouse doesn't cheap out on Starsha's sculpt and not give her any legs just because they're never visible under that super long dress.

honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese PVC figure constructed like that. the only time you see that is on porcelain/resin statues because they're brittle.

Hey does anyone have any pictures of the rear of the Yamato 2199 that shows any tiny white waterline / plumb markers at where the red meets the grey similar to those that are at the front end near the torpedo openings? I seem to remember seeing them there on some graphic, but can't seem to find it anywhere in my books or online - maybe I just imagined it or its from a pre-2199 shot I've seen somewhere.

Thanks.

Most of the mecha files in printed material out there has images of the 3D models which aren't "super-detailed". Those are usually done in static images by hand. As for the section you're requesting, the only scene that pops into mind of a scene where we get a superdetailed view of that is this one, in episode 8.

68125_469912326383949_1301291798_n.jpg

530553_469913976383784_609424712_n.jpg

432208_469918136383368_327142090_n.jpg?o

There might be more. But the decals in the 1/500 seem to be accurate.

P.S.: The illustration on the cover of the 3rd soundtrack CD also shows the markings.

gallery_9322_607_1369061.jpg

Edited by westfall

So does this include a Yamato that is in scale with it?

Chris

From the pic, it looks like the previously released Yamato is in scale with it.

From the pic, it looks like the previously released Yamato is in scale with it.

It says the Yamato is 70mm in the picture and the previously released Yamato is 160mm.

At that price all you're getting is the photo etched parts, which I haven't seen photo etched parts for the Yamato sold anywhere...so I personally dunno. Honestly don't even think it's needed imo. That's what kind of gets me about internal gimmicks, it's hard to enjoy the exterior and the interior without ditching some of the exterior beauty. Mainly why I haven't dealt with the ships I got with my 1/500.