Buy this now or go to Hell :

post-4560-0-96146200-1392235961_thumb.jpg

Did I mention it goes great with the GX-64?

post-4560-0-79597400-1392236040_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-67156700-1392236008_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-01604300-1392236027_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-18788100-1392236080_thumb.jpg

You can still get it here : http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-003225 *EDIT* WOW, sold out already, not a surprise, this thing is a REAL GEM.

6.5 inches long, and the paint and panel lining apps are FLAWLESS. Everything is painted, all gun sensors, spotlights, bridge windows, and observation windows, yes, even the bubble window in the back of the bridge tower. Megahouse knocked this motherf*cker out of the park. Get this thing anyway you can. I have a feeling there will be more ships in this series.

Forgot to mention, there are thin panels at the waterline on each side that you can remove and put the supplied atmosphere wings in, freaking brilliant at this scale.

Edited by Kyp Durron

Damn it Kyp, you're killing me! Lol!

Love the GX and I have also started work on the new 1/500 model. I wanted to slightly modify it so the seagull hangar and Zero hangar are a little more realistic....but I think that would be a little out of my ability level. May just build it "as is" out of the box. I'll have to study the model more to decide.

Chris

Damn it Kyp, you're killing me! Lol!

Love the GX and I have also started work on the new 1/500 model. I wanted to slightly modify it so the seagull hangar and Zero hangar are a little more realistic....but I think that would be a little out of my ability level. May just build it "as is" out of the box. I'll have to study the model more to decide.

Chris

I don't think its beyond your ability... you have amazing skills judging from what I've seen so far. Go Chris Go! Can't wait to see you 1/500 build, please post when you get the chance, I'd love to see it.

Yep, Kyp is definitely gettin' a kick-back from Yamato :p

The only thing that I hate about the GX-64 is that after going through all the trouble of setting up all the wonderful effect lighting on this model only to have left out the observation deck on the side. Some brave soul needs to open one up and see if we can wire a couple LED into that area.

I don't think its beyond your ability... you have amazing skills judging from what I've seen so far. Go Chris Go! Can't wait to see you 1/500 build, please post when you get the chance, I'd love to see it.

Yep, Kyp is definitely gettin' a kick-back from Yamato :p

Hey, has my assessments been wrong yet? This is an absolutely beautiful little model, I just preordered another one at BBTS, it's going to cost me $50 vs the $35 I paid for this thing shipped, but it's worth it, and I'd rather buy another one of these at that price than buy that tiny little 4.5 inch DYRL SDF-1 @ $75 BUCKS (Shipping NOT included) that those apparent ganja smokers at Arcadia are trying to push onto us. :rolleyes:

The only thing that I hate about the GX-64 is that after going through all the trouble of setting up all the wonderful effect lighting on this model only to have left out the observation deck on the side. Some brave soul needs to open one up and see if we can wire a couple LED into that area.

Actually, think they missed the boat on not lighting up the beautiful hanger bay when the door is open!

Hey, has my assessments been wrong yet?

Nope! When you're right, your RIGHT!!!

I see a lot of people buying and building the Bandai 2199 kits. Is there a common thread over at the model section where people have put up their WIP and finished models?

Yeah, is there? I just finished the anime and have the Bandai 1/1000 Yamato and 1/72 Cosmo Zero 2 in shipping from HLJ. They should be here before the weekend and I'm planning on starting on one of them this weekend. Any thing to be weary of for either kit?

I ordered a MH Yamato from HLJ too. Now if the damn Tarangus SAAB Viggen would be released I can have the lil Yamato, display case that William pointed out, and the Viggen all shipped. Just waiting on that damn Viggen model to be released....it's months late.

Electric Indigo, is that the MH Yamato with the Domelus III!? So perfect!

Chris

Yeah, is there? I just finished the anime and have the Bandai 1/1000 Yamato and 1/72 Cosmo Zero 2 in shipping from HLJ. They should be here before the weekend and I'm planning on starting on one of them this weekend. Any thing to be weary of for either kit?

So far, I've built 2 Cosmo Zero's, the Earth Fleet set 1, and Yamato. I am about 85% finished with the Garmila Fleet set 1 (Destoria heavy cruiser and Kelkapia High speed Cruiser) and about 50% finished with the Garmilla Battle Carrier. No Issues yet, but a Yamato section would be cool.

Then I have just about all the other kits still to build...2 Cosmo Zero Alpha 2 kits (one to build as Yamamoto's and one to build as an "Aniversary" version painted like a WWII Japanese Zero to go with my 2 Harlock Space Wolf fighters that I built up in WWII Fokker Wolfe livery) both the Cosmo Falcon kits, the Polmeria Carrier, and the Garmilla fleet set 2 (Gaiderol class battleship and Kripitera class destroyers). Plan on getting one of the Quad-deck carriers and the Haizeraad class Battleship as well.

Man, I got a lot of building to do!

Here are my Zero's and SW-190's for those that haven't seen them.

ffeef987f2abb0618f9906726174dec3_zpsb315

2f1d83a90d2a73a70a3072a27cef5b8c_zps4513

bcf4d20e59f2cfd72d19971ef7fe8a12_zpseb84

1cc83fbfcc39a8c488790871b86147e9_zps08b0

f19cef4ce13909718e861bad7d5404c7_zpse769

af618a08e21037271071693214aab55b_zpsedfc

I like to think of the SW-190's as first generation space fighters with the Cosmo Falcon's in the second generation and the Cosmo Zero's as third generation space fighters.

2013-03-07_14-53-38_578_zpsf983ce35.jpg

2013-03-07_14-53-25_530_zpsc3ac7ed8.jpg

2013-03-07_14-52-48_448_zps54abefd3.jpg

2013-03-07_14-52-39_739_zps268ec8d9.jpg

2013-03-07_14-51-27_329_zpsc7cb688a.jpg

Sorry for the slight thread hijack.

Chris

6.5 inches long, and the paint and panel lining apps are FLAWLESS. Everything is painted, all gun sensors, spotlights, bridge windows, and observation windows, yes, even the bubble window in the back of the bridge tower. Megahouse knocked this motherf*cker out of the park. Get this thing anyway you can. I have a feeling there will be more ships in this series.

IIRC, Yamato 2199 is 333m, so 6.5 inches is ~1:2000.

the lucky ones who have the HDP SDF-1 can have it displayed alongside... or replace one of the ARMDs

it looks really nice and much more practical for fleet displays, but i already have too much invested in the 1:1000 line so i guess i'll be sticking with that

So far, I've built 2 Cosmo Zero's, the Earth Fleet set 1, and Yamato. I am about 85% finished with the Garmila Fleet set 1 (Destoria heavy cruiser and Kelkapia High speed Cruiser) and about 50% finished with the Garmilla Battle Carrier. No Issues yet, but a Yamato section would be cool.

Then I have just about all the other kits still to build...2 Cosmo Zero Alpha 2 kits (one to build as Yamamoto's and one to build as an "Aniversary" version painted like a WWII Japanese Zero to go with my 2 Harlock Space Wolf fighters that I built up in WWII Fokker Wolfe livery) both the Cosmo Falcon kits, the Polmeria Carrier, and the Garmilla fleet set 2 (Gaiderol class battleship and Kripitera class destroyers). Plan on getting one of the Quad-deck carriers and the Haizeraad class Battleship as well.

Man, I got a lot of building to do!

Here are my Zero's and SW-190's for those that haven't seen them.

Sorry for the slight thread hijack.

Chris

Those Zeros, are they painted at all?

I gave up a Cosmo Zero to teach my friend's 12 years old son how to build models. We did the cut, sand and assembly together. then I did the panel lines and decals for him. Kit is not painted only a clear coat before the panel line and a flat coat afterward.

P1000464_zps3e633ff6.jpgP1000465_zps9d6e631c.jpgP1000470_zps83c720ab.jpgP1000469_zps95e8dd32.jpg

Edited by Wiz13688

Ok. I'm going to start a thread in the model section of the forum. I'll start by copying my Cosmo Zero build over there and my WIP on a Cosmo Falcon that I'm working on now (this one will be a fully painted kit), Feel free to jump in and add your own WIP or finished pictures.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40677

Well. That did not work as I was told that model section is only for Macross models. Guess we'll just have to continue posting our WIP and finished kits here.

Edited by Wiz13688

anyone know where/how i can watch these webcasts:

specifically, webcast #31 aired Dec15. can't seem to find my way around niconico.

i think these are different from the starblazers news video on youtube.

You can'.t

The term of validity had been already over. Until Dec 22. Only a week.

P.S.

Huh? Uploaded on the Niconico Douga Section.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22521807

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22521896

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22521948

Edited by antibiotictab

Damn where can i find that megahouse yamato?

Buy this now or go to Hell :

attachicon.gifPICT0490.JPG

Did I mention it goes great with the GX-64?

attachicon.gifPICT0493.JPG

attachicon.gifPICT0491.JPG

attachicon.gifPICT0492.JPG

attachicon.gifPICT0494.JPG

You can still get it here : http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-003225 *EDIT* WOW, sold out already, not a surprise, this thing is a REAL GEM.

Forgot to mention, there are thin panels at the waterline on each side that you can remove and put the supplied atmosphere wings in, freaking brilliant at this scale.

thanks man!

that Gatlantis disco routine was hilarious :lol:

and those Pocky sticks are truly gigantic!

I have watched almost every episode from the last April.

How about live watching? The cast can be watchable from outside of Japan.

One day, some English comments were being posted on Niconico. I answered to the viewer in English. I left some comments in switching both in English and Japanese at the time. He was in LA.

He is a big fan of Starblazers/ Yamato. Finally he came to Japan to watch the last chapter of 2199 in August and September. We met in Shinjuku and had dinner.

He is Tim Eldred. The picture you posted came from Ourstarblazers.com, right? The webmaster of the site. That's the reason why some pictures there were offered by Antibiotictab (sic).

Edited by antibiotictab

yup, pics were from that site.

in one of his later Yamato update reports, he also mentioned this:

Star Blazers 2199 was also the first topic to come up on the Nico Nico simulcast that accompanied Episode 14. The YamatoGirls held up a sign commemorating Star Blazers 2199‘s journey overseas, and to forgive any annoyance over incoming comments from foreign countries. (Gee, thanks a lot, Japan.)

i can imagine he was one of those who commented in english ;)

fortunately, folks like Tim and you continue to provide a great service to the english speaking community. many thanks.

would love to catch a livecast someday, but lately my schedule hardly allows it.

was in Tokyo last November and stayed in Shinjuku. will drop you a pm next time. planning to catch the sakura season, if not this March, then next year for sure.

Edited by Major Focker

fortunately, folks like Tim and you continue to provide a great service to the english speaking community. many thanks.

Of course, Gwyn Campbell, Daniel George and so on, too.

P.S. AH, should not forget westfall.

Edited by antibiotictab