Argh... I saw my post man at the door with the package from Ami Ami today... then I watched him write me a while you were out ticket to hang on my doorknob - helplessly from my iPhone at work. Now I gotta wait till he brings it back to the post office for me to pick up tomorrow. I'm sure I got dinged for customs - probably the same as you Sandman, actually maybe a bit more since the HST is a bit higher her in Ontario. Damn!

Saw that coming/10

My second one came in today, yes, I got a second one, within the first couple of days of having my first one, I knew I needed a second one, just to have one displayed with the wings extended vs retracted. :p

Hey, it's no different that all the other members here who buy multiples to display their valks in either various modes, and/or option parts.

I'll say it here and now, this is the best Yamato toy ever, so nicely done that it seriously blurs the line between toy and model, unlike any other release before it. A friend of mine came over the other day and looked at it and said "Wow, you did a really good job on that model!" :lol:

Also, I will make a prediction : There will be a remake of the Comet Empire series arc, and we WILL see another SoC Andromeda, but this one will also be redesigned, mainly I believe it will have more AA guns like the Yamato this time. And I WILL get at least ONE when they come out.

Wow!!! Thank you Kyp for convincing me to buy this. I absolutely love it, its hard to describe and all the photos really don't do it justice, but your absolutely right, its the most "model-like" toy I've ever owned. It is totally worth it! Everyone, don't hesitate and get this anyway you can. Its just so fine and slender in all aspects. It's already got a bit of a dark wash in some panels, but not in others, funny, it will really pop when I do a dark wash on all the panels and a light dry brush. Its a bit darker than I was expecting.

Here's the case with my Andromeda in it, it fits perfectly. However this Yamato sits lower, the stand is lower, the ship isn't vertically centered within the case, but its pretty darn perfect in terms of length. You can cut down the height to get it lower so the ship sits exactly centred, but I'm not doing that since I'm displaying it along side my Andromeda.

post-244-0-37401200-1391834359_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-17418500-1391834363_thumb.jpg

Now I know why it was so expensive to ship the case from HLJ (EMS only due to size) - but holy! The box that it came with was incredible compared to what was inside. The case comes flat in the thin box, but it was within this huge shipping box full of airfilled plastic bags. What a waste! If I knew, I would have warehoused it and shipped it along with other stuff, that box could hold a lot of stuff (but I guess the weight would go up).

post-244-0-77788500-1391834360_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-91402400-1391834361_thumb.jpg

The Yamato is pretty much the same length as the Andromeda, so I thought they'd go well together, but the level of quality of this toy really puts it above the previous Andromeda, its like displaying a model beside a toy. Plus I never knew how much fatter the Andromeda was or how much skinnier the Yamato was compared to it. If the new Andromeda is going to be anything of this quality, then I have to get that too and see my existing one!

post-244-0-40046500-1391834364_thumb.jpg

Don't get me wrong, the toy is fantastic, its really detailed and the AA guns are amazingly to scale (but fragile) as well as most of the fins - its delicate though. Now for my cons: I liked the old base better, I liked that it had an integrated spot of the remote and that it held the ship higher from the base as well as occupying a smaller footprint. The music selection was a bit lacking, in fact the older Andromeda music selection was much better and brought back old memories, the new one seems to be missing the quintessential Yamato theme (or it was heavily modified). I wished the seam around the hatch that opens around the hanger bay was tighter so it was less noticeable. It really should have the tiny white sea level markings and the yellow loading bay warning stripes. While the on mode is nice with the sound starting up and the lights on (which I do love) - I wished that once it went to sleep, it can be woken up by the remote instead of going in and turning it off and back on again. I wished there was a light in the hanger bay so it would light up when the door is open.

Can someone explain to me the button A to fire the Wave Motion Gun sequence? The old one was so intuitive, you press once to charge and again to fiire, but I can't seem to figure this one out. It seems like you hold down A to start the sequence, it charges, but I don't know how to fiire it. Subsequently, when I hold down A for a long time, all I get is the firing without the charging up. Would someone please explain it to me or translate that part of the instructions?

I did get dinged $38.24cdn for customs & duties (with a $9.95 "handling costs" in there?!) I did not get dinged for the case though. But I find that I always get dinged for anything over $50 of value from every other store OTHER than Nippon Yasan.

Sorry for my crappy cell phone pictures, but you get the idea. Once I do a little work on this baby, I'll take some better photos.

Just ordered it from Amazon.ca. Released Feb. 15, sold by Bluefin Canada/Amazon.ca. $299CDN after tax and free shipping.

Amazon.com(Bluefin) is selling it for $221USD. Comes out to the same price for me to import it to Canada. If you've got a PO Box it comes out to $242USD.

Thanks for the pictures William, the case looks great! Going to order one too. I may detail up mine as well but I don't have any spare white decals to use...any suggestions?

Chris

I knew you would like it. B)) I wasn't kidding when I said this thing is more model than toy in terms of looks and quality. Makes the GX-57 look like a kids toy.

I had a bit of a stupid accident with my 2nd Yamato this morning, my hand slipped and I broke off the tip of that damned air foil mast in front of the first shock cannon on the front of the deck. Really couldn't glue it back right and knew it would never look right, so I did the next best thing and turned lemons into lemon-aid by customizing it a bit :

post-4560-0-36057900-1391877805_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-46141600-1391877832_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-55644400-1391877880_thumb.jpg

I also removed the very front air foil mast from the bow, it came out easily, it wasn't glued in very well and it was a wonder it didn't fall off. I think it looks pretty damned good all considering, so now this second one will just be my customized version. I like it better anyways, no seriously, that part of the design always has bothered me. Why the Hell would you want a tall air foil in front of your main shock cannon?!

No way, lol, I'll let someone else try their luck with theirs. :p

I wanted to try and convey the model like nature of this, but it's so damned dark that like wm cheng said, pics don't do it justice. Well, it was an overcast day, so I thought I would try my luck taking pics of it outside :

post-4560-0-90640700-1391896569_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-35386500-1391896598_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-32400100-1391896646_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-40432600-1391896652_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-85126700-1391896677_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-23255700-1391896698_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-40578000-1391896720_thumb.jpg

I hope that gives those who don't have it a good idea of how nice this is.

Thanks for the additional pictures Kyp, I'm really excited to get mine! One complaint I have is I wish they would've skipped the turret turn wheel. It isn't an eye-sore or anything but it is noticeable and, if it is anything like the old BPX, it makes positioning the 2 forward turrets, independently, a pain.

Chris

It's really no different from the GX-57, other than the fact that the rear two turrets were able to move independently from the front three on the GX-57. Like you, I'd rather they left that off rather than bringing back that old gimmick. Though being able to easily execute a full broadside is kind of nice.

i was on the fence for the longest time since i already had the BPX-01 and GX-57.

i haven't been on the boards lately, but glad i dropped by when i did and ordered myself a GX-64 -- just in the nick of time it seems.

i'll see it in a couple of weeks.

i already got a handful of these:

thinking of joining 2 bases together and having custom acrylic panels for the front and back.

i've been holding out for a horizontal version of this case but when their 3rd release turned out to still be vertical, i guess it'll be a long wait.

I got a bit of inspiration and re-profiled again the broken off airfoil mast and made it actually functional. When lined up in the center of the semi open circle in the deck wall above the wave motion gun, and when the tip is even with the top of said opening, it will now work as a iron sight for the first shock cannon.

In other words, the bow of the ship can be pointed at a target in front and the first shock cannon can manually be aimed at the target without having to use any kind of computerized weapon lock system. This would allow the ship to target another vessel without them picking up any kind of weapons lock signature.

Granted, there aren't too many scenarios where this would be handy, but hey... :p

Here's the best pic I could take to demonstrate the iron sight line up :

post-4560-0-66670700-1391982523_thumb.jpg

And it's nice lowered profile really cleans up the overall look :

post-4560-0-86684900-1391982822_thumb.jpg

It looks fantastic to me, and I actually think it looks better compared to my other un modded one.

Edited by Kyp Durron

I know this is a little off topic, but a for those of us that want more Leiji-verse space battleships in the SoC GX line I give you the Arcadia!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Chris

Wow wasnt expecting this. I just got the miraclehouse version last year. Hopefully they'll do the orginal blue Arcadia too.

The Turn A Gundam in the background looks sweet too. Anyone have any info on it? Im assuming its a model?

Edited by Sandman

Megahouse Captain Okita is out. :)

Plllllease MH...give us Kodai and Dessler next.

Damn straight! I like female figures too, but there are so many instances where I can't have a full cast of a particular show on my shelves because the male characters just weren't produced, period. My Captain Okita should be here any day now, and since he's part of what Megahouse is calling their "Yamato Guys Collection," I'm hoping that means that there will BE guys to stand alongside the girls. Bring on Kodai, Desler, Shima, Sanada, etc.!