Oh please, you'll thank me like everyone else has. :p

I'm sure I will. :)

I justified the purchase with the reasoning that collecting a fleet of ships will be less costly this way. Maybe get a buncha Gamilas ships for the Yamato to shoot at, heh. Though I may spring for a full-sized Andromeda if they do one. :lol:

Honestly, the megahouse Yamato looks like crap compared to the GX-64 version.

Dude. The GX-64 makes EVERY "toy" version of the Yamato that's ever came before it look like crap. (2199 models excluded) Hell, it even makes the almighty GX-58 Andromeda look toyish IMHO. That having been said, I challenge you to find a better looking one in 1/2000 scale. (That's a rhetorical challenge as it's impossible.) :p

Edited by Kyp Durron

And you forgot to mention that the GX-64 is 10 times more expensive than the Megahouse. :p

But it helps my having too much stuff situation to only want the best-est version available and then pass on that because it's way too expensive for me.

Is it me or just really annoying when I watch a review done by someone who is obviously not a fan and don't know much about the subject... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hadn't gotten all the way through the review when I posted it. I can't believe he couldn't figure out how to fire the engines or wave motion guns! My bad...

Was I the only one cringing every time he used a box cutter to open the doors? Paint chips/scratches anyone? :unsure:

"THIS is why we can't have nice things."

Seriously though, when I saw that I wanted to take the damn ship away from him. "Gimme that, you friggin' savage. Here, take this set of cheap plastic farm animals."

My GX-64 Yamato arrived today, just two days after I received my Megahouse Okita PVC figure. I think that's the fastest delivery I've ever received from Japan to my front door by EMS, and the ship is fantastic.That review above does seem to be more of a joke, which is too bad. I agree with everyone else in hoping that some serious reviews are posted soon.

I preorderd that new mecha collection model by bandai, at only 300 yen a pop, I got two of them. The level of detail is INSANE for something that's ONLY 120mm LONG. Molded in two colors, red and grey just like the other Bandai models, I can put this thing together, panel line it, and try to paint what other details I can and be done with it. Can't wait to get them in.

I have seen it in the June Issue of Dengeki Hobby as a standalone....

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/770g_dhjune2013/

That one is a fully scratch-built by a Japanese pro modeler ,SOY-YA, not a product.

http://www.geocities.jp/soy_ya/index.html

Big thanks to WM Cheng for pointing out these display cases. I went with the black based one instead the clear one you had linked. They are simple but effective....and very affordable.

I'm going to get another of these and probably 2are of the super long ones for the 1/500 and the Domelus III when it is released.

Thanks again William! I think it looks great!

Chris

post-265-0-37831600-1392837916_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-11473000-1392837934_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dobber

...and very affordable.

Well, before shipping it was... I hope you managed to bundle it with other stuff. I ended up paying almost $50 for shipping it (it only cost $18). :unsure:

Glad you like them, I thought they were even more perfect for the Andromeda as the older stands held the ship higher so it was right in the middle of the clear box. You can cut the clear box down so its shorter and fits the lower GX-64 even more.

Hey Chris, are you going to do anything to your GX-64?

Well you got me there, shipping was a bit high as it came in that same big box as yours and I only had the little MH Yamato to ship too. :p I figure if I buy a couple more bases and include a couple more things that should be available soon, it'll work out.

As for the GX, I haven't decided yet. I kind of like the idea of keeping it clean, as the Yamato at the start of her Journey. Plus, I'm a little nervous about messing with a $200+ toy when I don't know what was used to finish it...materials, paints, ect.

My 1/500, though, will be a grizzled warship. Like this one.

post-265-0-36836700-1392841964_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-98863000-1392841982_thumb.jpg

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Well, I know the panel wash they used was enamel. I had a little slight smudge leftover on mine that I cleaned up with some enamel thinner and it left the basecoat intact. My guess would be a lacquer base paint since it would adhere well to the metal hull and it seems to be really smooth like lacquer.

Those are great pictures from that Model Graphix - do you know what issue or do you have any higher resolution scans of those pages? Can't wait to see how your 1/500 turns out!

Thanks for the info William.....food for thought.

I got the pictures from the latest update from ourstarblazers.com so no higher quality scans, at least from there. It's the March issue of Model Graphix and it is a gorgeous model isn't it.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Yes, its a beautiful paint job (I don't know if I'd go that far...) but fantastic execution!

I might have to try and pick up that issue if I can find it for a decent price/shipping.