Apparently there is a flyer in the Purple quad-deck carrier that is confirming that the 1/1000 Domelus III IS comming supposedly in July!

Ourstarblazers.com Facebook has info: https://www.facebook.com/CosmoDNA?hc_location=timeline

Also the latest hobby japan has some info too.

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-2/不斷更新-hobby-japan-2014年3月號-模型內容/

Chris

Lucky you! I wished it had the detail of the 1/500 model - then it would be a no-brainer.

Well, it has the hangar gimmick that the 1/1000 model has, and it's prebuilt/painted w/lights, so that made it a no brainer for me. Also, the detail level on the SoC is what the animation showed most of the time anyways.

1522287_10202976212589878_264310003_n.jp

997002_10202979980884083_1337235450_n.jp

For those of you who aren't getting this, "You're going to be sorry...." :lol:

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

While I am disappointed by the lack of markings on it.....I DO think I will mildly regret not having this one.

Chris

It may wind up being a lot more than mildly, once I post my review on this vs the GX 57 and you see just how badly this is going to blow it away. For openers, the fighters are actually in scale to the ship unlike the GX-57. That, and several other important differences. ;)

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Please I'm dying to see your review, I'm really on the fence with this... I want it next to my Andromeda, but its hard to justify since I have the 1/350 model, but that won't get built for years - hard to justify this toy with all the classes I'm paying for my daughter though. When will your review be done? Where is it still available at a decent price?

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I had it already. :(

The review should be done this coming weekend, it just shipped out today so I should hope to have it by Friday (Or sooner!), spend that day taking pics and posting it this coming Saturday. I will be posting comparison pics between it and the GX 57, I may throw in the 1/1000 model and my 1/590 Taito Yamato Resurrection model into the mix for fun. :D

I'm going to start taking the separate pics of my GX 57 and other models this weekend to get some of it out of the way.

Believe me, I WISH I HAD THIS ALREADY, LOL.

Unless this thing ends up having serious QC issues, I don't see how this won't blow the GX-57 away.

Last I looked, it was still available at Ami-Ami for 20,970 JPY. I don't know of anywhere else cheaper than that, that's where I got mine.

Edited by Kyp Durron

Yes, I saw it there for 20,970Y before shipping... tempting. I wished there was a bit more surface detail on it though. Or at least if there were some after market waterslide decals. Been a little crazy in 2013 catching up on all the Bandai renewals. I wished the stand was exactly the same as the Andromeda stand, I liked how the remote is integrated into the stand, where do you put this remote?

So is this accurately scaled, since the 2199 Yamato is larger than the original Yamato? IIRC it is the same scale as the old GX but I didn't think they actually accounted for the new length.

Chris

While it's around the same size as the GX-57, the fighters that come with the GX-64 are accurately scaled with the GX-64 Yamato, from the pictures I've seen. Still this Yamato will be a different scale than the GX-57, since it's length is supposed to be 333 meters as opposed to 265 meters like the GX-57 was supposed to represent.

So instead of 1/625, this Yamato will be a smaller scale, maybe close to the 1/590 scale that my Yamato Resurrection model is scaled at, I think.

And I have no fuggin' idea where the heck that controller is supposed to fit with this new stand, I haven't seen one photo showing that. :huh:

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I used the scale calculator, at 42.5 centimeters long and with the actual size being 333 meters, this is a very odd scale of 1/783. :huh: Oh well, it will go nicely with my Diamond Select TWOK refit Enterprise since it's 1/750 scale and will be close enough to get away with it. :p

-Kyp

Sounds good to me. I was going to display it next to my Enterprise as well. :)

I'm hoping to find an acrylic display case that can fit the model though.

I paid 20,050 JPY at Hobby Search. Haven't checked to see if they have any more, but they shipped mine today too. Can't wait! :)

Edited by Drad

It's in the country at ISC New York (USPS), so if all goes well, it might be here by Thursday if they release it quick enough. :)

-Kyp

I'm in Hawaii, so I'm hoping mine will show up fairly quickly. It left Tokyo yesterday. It's probably here and just sitting in customs.

Wow. I really thought the GX-57 Yamato was impressive, and it is.. but this, the GX-64 goes beyond even that. I'm gonna be floored when I open up that box. Hell, even the box is nice.

Edited by Drad

MH is milking that first Yuki mold. -_-

RdvoxAq.jpg

Megahouse was obviously inspired by Banpresto's Ichiban-kuji. MH's new Yuki is "Warp Color Version." And Banpresto's translucent one is "Warp Effect Version."

I saw the latter in last summer as a prototype.

post-14942-0-71733200-1390910609_thumb.jpg

Payment method: PayPal
Shipping method: EMS
Shipping fee: 4560
Store Credit: -81
TOTAL: 25449 JPY
Paid: -25449

I'm in the U.S..

BTW, as far as "Details", or this perceived lack thereof, this ship has the same detailing as the anime Yamato flyby that you see near the end of the intro song starting from Episode 3 onward.

*EDIT*

January 28, 2014

Depart USPS Sort Facility

BIRMINGHAM, AL 35203

January 28, 2014 , 8:02 am

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

BIRMINGHAM, AL 35203

WOW, this thing will be here tomorrow!! :D

Edited by Kyp Durron

Wow! $50 bucks for shipping... you baller! Good on ya, can't wait to see you pictures. You're not exactly making a good case for me... with Christmas bills, my wife's SUV needed a tow and new water pump & expansion tank, then there's swimming, gymnastics class, chinese school, acro & dance classes for my daughter all needing to be paid for the Spring session... hmmm.

Well, to be fair, I'm single and have no kids, so that makes a HUGE difference, lol. You can always go SAL shipping, I suppose, don't know how much less that is though. Also...just remember, if the popularity of the anime is any indicator, these are going to probably get hard to find once word about these gets out from people like me who are getting them. (Assuming the reviews are mostly favorable, which I think they will be)

Not to mention secondary prices are already kind of high, and I bet they will skyrocket much like the Andromeda did, once places like Ami-Ami and the others sell out.

Got mine today! As far as shipping, about the same as Kyp. I guess Hawaii or Alabama doesn't matter; EMS from Japan is roughly the same price. I paid 20,050 JPY for the item and 4670 JPY for EMS.

DOOOOO IIIIIIT!! :lol:

Thanks... Kyp, you're not making my case for me! I want to say, "hey honey, look, they all have kids AND THEY can afford it!" :p

Yes, I do love my Andromeda (I head off that round because I didn't like they way they rendered the fat Wave Motion Gun opening). I keep telling myself that there will be a better "renewal" version that will come out later... they really have upped the game with every Yamato release... what is this, the third or more? I love everything about this GX-64 release except when I saw the 1/500 model, I wished for that level of surface detail or the tiny white & yellow warning markings to come out for this version.

I understand you're wanting that level of detail but like I said, the level of detail the GX-64 has is what the anime showed most of the time, and is in the (what I consider "iconic") end of the intro song flyby that had been shown from Episode 3 onward.

Also, you GOT to love the detailing of the ACCURATE hangar bay that they integrated into this release (No doubt using the experience they gained from the 1/1000 model), that's awesome no matter how you look at it.

AND...I could be very well wrong, but it looks like this version has the lights on feature with the engines, look at that guy's review video and see how long the engines stay lit, or how the bridge lights go out when the wave motion gun powers up, just like in the anime. That's also awesome, IMO.

Drad, can you confirm/deny this for us?

*EDIT* BTW, that's the reason I got rid of my SoC Andromeda, I didn't like the overall sculpt either, the Marmit version was MUCH more accurate, IMO. ;)

Edited by Kyp Durron

Just watched the video again and the bridge tower lights COME BACK ON after the Wave Motion Gun fires. It might actually HAVE a LIGHTS ON feature. :o

Translation from product description regarding the lights : - When you turn the main power first, along with the starting of the engine sound, wave engine nozzle and the bridge portion to the light-emitting state. Edited by Kyp Durron