Fark! I think yer right.

Good god! They hired one of the Japanese Yamato girls to promote the series in the U.S in badly formed broken english... Who apparently can't count either as they announced the 26 episode series wth be released on 6 dvds with 4 episodes each. 6X4=24??? What about the other two? Edited by renegadeleader1

English subs only, no dub......pass. I'll just stick with my import bluray's. I could put up with hearing "Argo" if it was a dub but won't with subs that read "Argo" when the characters will be clearly saying "Yamato."

Chris

Edited by Dobber

The Star Blazers website has more information. Prices are 34.99 for DVD and 44.99 for Blu-Ray for the first disc. Disc 1-5 have 4 episodes and disc 6 will have 6 episodes.

That's half price off the Japanese discs. I'll buy these, definitely. B))

Hopefully they use the English subs off the Japanese discs. It will be painful to watch if everything is changed to "Argo" and "Wildstar".

That's true. I didn't even think about that... I mean it's not like the Japanese audio is going to be changed just to match the subs.

Still, for that price, I'll live with it if that's what ends up happening. i hope not, though. To me it'd make the most sense to just use the existing subs. People who know the show and are buying the discs will understand the references.

Edited by Drad

Their release schedule really sucks too. No excuse to take so long to get it ALL out.....

This “original” version, it is planned for release in 6 volumes,
with Vol. 1 (episodes 1 -4) scheduled out on 2/27/2014
Following that, the succeeding volumes will be released as follows:
Volume 2 in April 2014
Volume 3 in June 2014
Volume 4 in August 2014
Volume 5 in October 2014
Volume 6 in December 2014(include 6 episodes.Premium version.Price is higher than other DVD and Blu-ray)

Sure, its corny now but back when this aired on local TV in 1979-1980, that sh*t was awesome. The american voice actor so made his version of Deslar so... i guess almost ambigious in his sexuality. Way different from the run-of-the-mill bad guys on TV then. Charismatic i guess is the word for it. But definately something sexual/coolness...

Latest up date is out on ourstarblazers.com

There are some great shots of the upcoming 1/500 Yamato. The detail is incredible and it looks like it will have the full array of hull marking decals! Also, we finally get to see all 3 open hangar bays!

Pictures here: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/uruuru302000/54150368.html

Chris

Edited by Dobber

In totally preferring the 1/500 over the new SOC which isn't offering that many new features compared to the GX-57.

...and at 7,000 yen 1/500 vs a 21,000 yen 1/625 I think the clear winner is the plamo.

The details are wonderful... hard call. I have the 1/350 Bandai kit and it was my holy grail retirement project (one of many!) - but the surface scribed detail on this seems to beat it - I know its a different design (old school). If I went ahead with this, I may never get around to the 1/350.

I wonder if there will be any aftermarket Photo-etched sets for it?

Now if it was the movie version I'd jump all over it!!!

Edited by wm cheng

I wonder if there will be any aftermarket Photo-etched sets for it?

Now if it was the movie version I'd jump all over it!!!

I always wondered where people were getting photo-etching for the radars on Yamato, would really like that too.

Also agree there NEEDS to be a kit of the movie Yamato. I love that custom that was made of it.

Chris