The latest trailer.

Thanks a million for that, it's great. Watched it without sound the first time and the bit at the end was WTF???? Watched it with sound and heard the distinctive music cue, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Looks like a confirmation of a 2nd series in my eyes. At least, they'll release this movie and test the waters and decide on going through with a 2nd series or not...

so guys I picked up the Gamera legacy box sets thursday and I got to the last film Gamera: Super Monster, where I thought I was having an acid trip. About half way through there is a dream sequence where Gamera meets the Yamato and later one where he meets the Galaxy Express 999. Um WTF? How and why did this happen?

You got your Gamera in my Yamato 2199!

Well, it is Gamera, "WTF" pretty much sums up pretty much sums up the whole thing, at least the originals since I hear that the more recent remakes were more serious. If you want some real fun find the MST3K riffs on them.

I'm being too indecisive on this.

Essentially, it's a brick to me.

Yet, it's also most likely a nice display stuff.

arrrrgggghhhh!!!

Yes it IS a brick, which is why it's ridiculous that I paid twice as much for it. Then again, who would've ever thought that they'd have this thing at almost 50% off?

Ah! This community can be detrimental to your financial health! :lol:

I had pretty much sworn off getting the GX-64 because of its MSRP before shipping and the fact I already have a BPX-01. But dang it, at just over $170 shipped EMS, I'm sorely tempted... :wacko:

Yeah, when I saw that sale price I was a bit pissed. Like the rest of you, it stings quite a bit when you've paid full price.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Holy crap! If you were on the fence for the GX-64 Yamato or want a second one, here is your chance it's on sale!!

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN971040/Sci

Chris

Wow! Like my initial review said, it was not worth the MSRP price, but it's definitely worth 1/2 the price. Dang!!! If there's anyone on the fence, I'd jump at it at this price. It sure stings that I paid more than twice including shipping, plus I got dinged $60 from customs too! Ouch!.

At least I found some great decals for the tiny little white markings and the yellow hatched areas - I'm planning on posting the little touch ups to my GX-64, but I hadn't had a chance to weather and clear coat it yet. I'm still debating on adding the 1/700 scale photo-etched ships railing and ladders - they fit perfectly, but weren't seen on screen (although those little white markings around the torpedo tubes and waterline marks weren't really seen on the screen and only appears in paintings and illustrations.

I, too, finally succumbed to the temptation coz I don't think the pricing will go lower than that and I don't think Bluefin will price-match it with the US-version.

It's also a good thing HLJ's got Private Warehouse so I can at least stagger the hurt of the shipping-fees.

So does this mean that the 2199 Yamato hasn't sold as well as it should've, hence the bargain bin like price?

Like Wiiliam said, it's a really nice piece and it has a good heft to it too. It's just not worth the original asking price IMO. It IS worth this sale price though, so feel good you guys that are getting it for this amazing price.

Chris

It's such a gamble with these imported, niche items. I made sure I got my GX-64 as soon as possible because I didn't want to sleep on it like I have with other things, miss my window of opportunity and then have to pay outrageous secondary market prices to get it.

Live and learn, I guess. It's an absolute steal at nearly half off, though. Great for people who were still on the fence. I admit that I thought it would've sold better than it has.

Edited by Drad

And that's where those of us that paid the original price are at: if we had waited to buy it we might've missed it and then be forced to pay scalper prices for it. For example, I could've bought Diskvision's Elsa figure last year for half of what I paid for it this year just because. Either way it's a gamble...

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly off topic but the GX-67 Harlock Arcadia has made another appearance at the recent toy show in Japan. Due to release in Oct.....but they got to be kidding with that price!! As 'The Who' said "I won't get fooled again"

post-265-0-73198500-1402661838_thumb.jpg

Yeah right Bandai!!

post-265-0-65295000-1402661863_thumb.jpg

Chris