Would Yamato or Bandai ever make a Ghost?

ErikElvis

I think they would have done by now, but I could be wrong. It does seem like they finished the Macross Plus line for now and they seem to be on the Macross 7 kick. I'm not sure if they can even sell anything for cheap at this time. The price of the VF-17 scares me into believing that something like the ghost would end up costing about $100. Again, pure speculation on my part. I'm really curious to see how the 17 is going to do and what they're gonna do after.

All drone fighters in Macross have been called Ghosts, it's sort of a franchise tradition. and as others have pointed out Yamato released QF-2001 ghosts as part of their Macross Zero line and Bandai released an AIF-7S (QF-4000) ghost as part of than add on set for the RVF-25. IIRC, the QF-2001 stand alone sets never sold particularly well and could be had at considerable discount when they where still available. The Bandai ghost's where web exclusives which came with a bunch of other add on parts and cost way too much to begin with.

Personally I'd love to buy an X-9 Ghost if it had similar construction and price to the Sound Booster (i.e. clear parts, working landing gear and opening missile bay for about $100) and I'd be willing to pay more if it came with it's Super parts.

and Beyond that I'd really love a QF-3000:

qf3000e-ghost.gif

Me four. Who wouldn't love a Sharon Apple red super evil AI ghost? I swear there was a garage kit of that before posted somewhere around here

Me five. Even better if they included a clear plastic "hologram" Sharon Apple, or that console unit thing she travels around in. Then again, if it's gonna drive the price up, I'll happily take just the X-9.

I'd get it.

Ideally, we could get the QF-2001 (Zero0), QF-3000E (SDF), and X-9 (Plus) Ghosts in some sort of evolution pack? Along with 2 or 3-packs of former? Maybe throw in a couple 1/60 pilot and standing figs? Ground crews? Weapons packs? (I'd love AMRAAM's and AIM-9X that could mount on a VF-1 pylon).

My god, being a die-hard Macross Plus and YF-21 fan, I'll kill for one. I'm dying to recreate the climactic battle between Guld and the X-9 in all its glory.

Yeah, just take a $250 toy and slam it into a $150 toy as hard as you can so that they both break into a million pieces. If and when that happens be sure to film it.

would be nice to have a holographic see through kinda card to display behind it with sharon apple pic and Isamu written all over it. I think it would be a winner. And I don't my my stamp of approval on many things. Who doesn't love plus and wouldn't want to complete the collection with a 1/60 ghost

Edited by ErikElvis