HG and Robotech Debates, ep. 8

azrael

Apparently RT has wholesome values.
Wow so Robotech fans not only misunderstand Japanese sci-fi, but also the most important book that inspired all that Japanese sci-fi.

AMERICA! F*CK YEAH! music-smiley-005.gif

Looks like Steve decided to hit the print button on his computer as the new 2012 calendar is now in stock! The franchise looks to be in good shape for at least the next year as we can have an official item to help count the days that nothing new happens with this franchise (assuming, of course, that you pick a shipping speed that'll get the calendar to you before January 1).

Apparently RT has wholesome values.

Link

I read the article and the comments, but I wonder, is that quote referring to the Starship Troopers live action film? If so.... do people still not realize that it's a satire? It's like reading the Onion and accepting it all as fact! In that sense, Team America World Police also has good old, wholesome American values.

Maybe he was being sarcastic? That could explain the presence of "Robotech" in that sentence...

I read the article and the comments, but I wonder, is that quote referring to the Starship Troopers live action film? If so.... do people still not realize that it's a satire? It's like reading the Onion and accepting it all as fact! In that sense, Team America World Police also has good old, wholesome American values.

Maybe he was being sarcastic? That could explain the presence of "Robotech" in that sentence...

Alternatively, he's referencing the book, which is what matters for Starship Troopers. But if that's teh case, he damn well BETTER be sarcastic, since th book wasn't remotely satire and Heinlen's political views are distinctly "unamerican."

So let's HOPE it was sarcasm, since otherwise the stupid is bad enough to be contagious.

My Robotech toys, comics, games, trading cards, and videos haven't been selling at all, even for little more than the price of shipping, all this year because Robotech is so in demand it's making the prices low from all the Robotech stuff selling so well (and the recession and Macross are conspiring against Robotech). The prices are so low from Robotech's success that in some cases the price is $0 making rock bottom prices too high. I wouldn't want to viciously smear Kevin's company by suggesting very few people want Robotech products because of Harmony Gold's neglect of the show. That would be denying reality. Wow, Robotech is really really popular right now. Have some of this protoculture Kool-Aid and you'll see it too. I got it from Kevin.

Seeing those RT3K designs, it's no wonder that project died off quickly. That was Carl's vision of Robotech. I know there are some people that are going to get into a fit over that, but his name was all over that project, and it's why he wasn't at HG long after.

Maybe everybody already knew about this, but http://www.macross.com/ now redirects to a cybersquatter. Wow, Harmony Gold is doing a great job with Macross! It must be that Macross has become so popular here due to the marketing genius of bankofkev. The cybersquatter shows how much macross.com is thriving. Even the domain name is selling gangbusters for somebody.

Maybe everybody already knew about this, but http://www.macross.com/ now redirects to a cybersquatter. Wow, Harmony Gold is doing a great job with Macross! It must be that Macross has become so popular here due to the marketing genius of bankofkev. The cybersquatter shows how much macross.com is thriving. Even the domain name is selling gangbusters for somebody.

Meh. The defunct-ADV Films is still cybersquating on macrossfrontier.com.

Seeing those RT3K designs, it's no wonder that project died off quickly. That was Carl's vision of Robotech. I know there are some people that are going to get into a fit over that, but his name was all over that project, and it's why he wasn't at HG long after.

STOP PICKING ON CARL MACEK HE INVENTED ANIME WAAAAAAH

Maybe everybody already knew about this, but http://www.macross.com/ now redirects to a cybersquatter.

"Now redirects?" macross.com has been the homepage for Trainor Entertainment, LLC (previously known as Meadowbrook Cinemas Online) for the past 17 years. And I don't think you understand what "redirect" means. Typing in macross.com doesn't redirect your browser anywhere, it takes you straight to macross.com

"Now redirects?" macross.com has been the homepage for Trainor Entertainment, LLC (previously known as Meadowbrook Cinemas Online) for the past 17 years. And I don't think you understand what "redirect" means. Typing in macross.com doesn't redirect your browser anywhere, it takes you straight to macross.com

I wonder if this Is this another "we were not paying attention to the store" situation?

The actual domain registered to Harmony Gold is http://macrossmovie.com

The domain for macrossfrontier.com is registered to GoDaddy/DomainsbyProxy

For all you Robotech fans... Here's some pics that Memo gave me about a year and a half ago (I dunno why, I didn't ask for them, he just offered them):

MEMO used to send some of his videos from Robotech cons (specially the ones with Michael Bradley performances) to put up on my old website back in the day. He used to be very secretive about it (he would normally ask me not to tell anyone where I got the videos from). Looking back, I realize that he was only trying to impress me and to trust him as a "good insider reliable source of Robotech info" :rolleyes: What a joke!

In hearing that, I come full circle to the issue of Tommy's treatment. How many people got it from the same location. Also, advertising that you get inside stuff is probably the worst thing to do if you're wanting to say you're loyal to the same people you're taking info from. In any case, in regards to this:

I dunno. Looks just as funky as Macross 7.... :D
I have to disagree strongly. The quality of the character designs makes it clear that the two production values were on completely different levels alone. That's not counting the many, many other things that are far superior to what RT3K was, would've, or could've been.

In hearing that, I come full circle to the issue of Tommy's treatment. How many people got it from the same location. Also, advertising that you get inside stuff is probably the worst thing to do if you're wanting to say you're loyal to the same people you're taking info from. In any case, in regards to this:

I have to disagree strongly. The quality of the character designs makes it clear that the two production values were on completely different levels alone. That's not counting the many, many other things that are far superior to what RT3K was, would've, or could've been.

Especially when you realize Mikimoto had a major role in the Macross 7 character designs. RT3K was only even worth a 2nd glance when HG was trying to salvage it with hand drawn character designs but even then it was doomed to failure.

What the Macross franchise also seems to realize, is that you can have different stories, generations, mecha, etc., and still have it loosely intertwine in the overall timeline. The fact that they all do that, keeps fans connected from one series to the next. The same cannot be said for the RT3K idea. It was set like 700 years in the distant future. Even with the current Robotech franchise, it's still in the same story arc that it was left in, back in 1985. Talk about stale. And that's not opinion, that's fact. They can't finish off a story in over 25 years, and move onto something else? I know the stupidity need not be pointed out more than ii already has, but it's just another reason why I laugh when I hear some of these RT fans who always have to make the comparisons between the two, attempt to make a cheap argument that Robotech is a superior product in comparison. BTW, I wonder how those DVDs are working out? Haven't seen them move on the shelves, so I'm thinking they aren't doing too well. Did anyone here get them?

I wonder if this Is this another "we were not paying attention to the store" situation?

I'm certain that that's the case here. It's a mistake that Harmony Gold won't repeat. If the domain's registration expires or is sold to a third party, Harmony Gold will be on it faster than Kawamori to a tree-hugging party. :p

BTW, I wonder how those DVDs are working out? Haven't seen them move on the shelves, so I'm thinking they aren't doing too well. Did anyone here get them?

I considered picking it up. But when I heard that the "documentary," the main draw of this box set, was more of a tribute to Carl Macek, it became an easy pass. I have nothing against Carl Macek, but I'm not interested in paying money to see people kiss his ass.

BTW, I wonder how those DVDs are working out? Haven't seen them move on the shelves, so I'm thinking they aren't doing too well. Did anyone here get them?

I actually bought it when it went on sale at amazon.com

I received a coupon prior to the purchase for $20 and ended up paying about $16 with shipping for the set.

I still have to remove the shrink wrap from the DVD set

I wont be surprised if the DVDs with the episodes are from the same print-run from the Remastered set (like in the protoculture edition)

If the domain's registration expires

I doubt it that it will happen any time soon. According to Whois, that domain has been active since 1994 ;)

Still want more...? I got 'em.

NO!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE STOP!!!!

Gaahh!! everything i couldn't stand about my late teen years through the latter half of the 1990's,

neatly congested into a sickening miasma of typical 90's SCI-FI crap!!

THANK YOU for dredging up those gawdawful memories!!!! :angry::(:angry: