Ok Guys... Do YOU want the 1/60 YF-19?

ErikElvis

I love the 19 but damn I just can not get over the gullet. It drives me nuts. But it is the "best" representation of it to date. The battroid looks good. And I guess I could display it so you only see the top of the plane.... Ugggg. Maybe Ill just keep holding out for a V.3 0r 2 or whatever. I have plenty other valks to buy. Its just really upsetting because all of the other yamato valks look so good.

Decisions decisions

Erik

The YF-19 really isn't that bad. Of all the modes, GERWALK is my favorite. The gullet almost dissapears because the GERWALKS extremities tend to move your eyes away from the "undesirable" area.

If I were you, I would just buy the newer tighter standard version. Or opt for the custom "Bird of Prey" or "Double Nut" varieties. All three are solid to boot.

;)

the "Gullet" does not bother me an iota.

what DOES bother me, however, is the new VF-19 series' "Bulbous" and "Droopy" nosecone profile;

Basarafigure.jpg

compare with the old YF-19's more tapered nosecone, with a far more gentle underside "Slope"

that ends up looking more "Proportionate" to me, on the whole, overall;

fighter_11.jpg

fighter_10.jpg

finally, some pics that i swiped that that fairly effectively illustrate the differences between the two;

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

DSC00983.jpg

make no mistake; the new VF-19 series design is an engineering meisterwork.

that said, i just can't seem to help but prefer the old YF-19 overall....

Edited by Shaorin

Another reason why I want a 19 is that I have the fast packs just sitting here. They're kinda leftovers after I bought the 19 fast pack/fold booster set and used the fold booster for my VF-22S Max. Furthermore, I'm so in love with the VF-22S that I want to get three variants along with the YF-21, which obviously means that I need a 19 to go with it.

Another reason why I want a 19 is that I have the fast packs just sitting here. They're kinda leftovers after I bought the 19 fast pack/fold booster set and used the fold booster for my VF-22S Max. Furthermore, I'm so in love with the VF-22S that I want to get three variants along with the YF-21, which obviously means that I need a 19 to go with it.

Well, if you're okay with the design, there's nothing really wrong with it. It's just that the yf-19 is one of the earlier 1/60 designs and it really shows its age compared to the other 1/60 designs that followed it.

I'd say no you shouldn't, my roommate got 2 of the older 1/60 variants and they both pretty much sucked. I'd say just wait, yamato just released the new vf-19 mold so new yf-19s can't be that far off.

But Graham said that the design of YF-19 and VF-19 are very different IIRC... I mean the molds are different. The enegineering can be recycled I believe.

I love macross plus thats why I want the YF. But now I guess Im forced to wait. My dresser tipped while I was at work and broke the wing off of my VF-25G tornado. Im so friggin mad right now. The dresser also just got a beat down. Now have to replace the plane. Screw the dresser... :angry:

I'm not too happy with the 1/60 YF 19's gullet; it looks like an unhappy pen1s but the VF19's looks even more unhappier. The sculpt looks like a c0ck that not only didn't age well, it's overdue for some chronic depression counseling. You can't win. Yamato hates you. Oh, and as if that issue that bothers you isn't bad enough, both have other issues that could've made you overlook the gullet problem but worsen the overall package instead. :lol:

Well, if you're okay with the design, there's nothing really wrong with it. It's just that the yf-19 is one of the earlier 1/60 designs and it really shows its age compared to the other 1/60 designs that followed it.

I guess I have to take your advice and wait.

I'm being a little obsessive-compulsive when I think of waiting for a newer YF-19 while getting the original 1/60 YF-21 because of the gap in years, but I guess they won't be revising the 21 soon seeing that they made 3 VF-22S units based on that design.

I guess I'm just a little concerned that I don't know how long it would take for a new YF-19 to come while I get a YF-21 on display without its partner.

I can actually get a cheap second-hand 19 here, but it's the first release one with misaligned gun connection in Fighter mode and everything.

Edited by kamadoma

I'm being a little obsessive-compulsive when I think of waiting for a newer YF-19 while getting the original 1/60 YF-21 because of the gap in years, but I guess they won't be revising the 21 soon seeing that they made 3 VF-22S units based on that design.

The 1/60 YF-21 is a great toy!!! There's really no need to revise it ;)

Go ahead and get it!!!

Well, you could wait. But in the meantime, you could put in a temporary stand in until the release of the revised and better version.

For myself, if Yamato does decide to re-do the YF-19, then the two standard versions I have will be made into altenate color schemes, ala VF-19A (VF-X "Ravens") and VF-19A (Macross the Ride). Either way, it's a win-win situation.

:D

Ah now i get it, thanks EXO. Well comparing the photo with the line art schematic-yf19.gif

I can see why some of us are having this discussion. Hopefully we can expect Yamato to release a newer version in the near future with the following improvements: same Isamu pilot as the one found in the VF-11B because the figure for the YF-19 is just too big. A slimmer gullet based on the line art to make it more accurate. Chest lock in battroid mode. Hopefully they will stick to the anime accurate colour and not use a different type of "white" for version 3 plus the improvements found in the bird of prey implemented in the future release.

I have already decided to wait and skip this one a while ago. I still have the VF-11B keeping my YF-21 company. Now lets hope Yamato will consider the X-9.

Edited by bowman

Um did everyone completely miss Graham's post? As cryptic as it may be (as they always are) it leads to a lot of ......hope I guess you could say? I remember the last time he made a vague comment like that it was about people wondering if we were going to get the 1/60 v.2 TV VF-1A Max and Kakizaki, to which all he said is "Yamato Loves You Ya". So maybe within a year or 2 something will come in the form of new YF-19. it has been like 5 years since the release of the first and Yamato has come a looooong way in that time. I still love my YF-19, always have alwyas will.

Edited by kanedaestes

Um did everyone completely miss Graham's post? As cryptic as it may be (as they always are) it leads to a lot of ......hope I guess you could say? I remember the last time he made a vague comment like that it was about people wondering if we were going to get the 1/60 v.2 TV VF-1A Max and Kakizaki, to which all he said is "Yamato Loves You Ya". So maybe within a year or 2 something will come in the form of new YF-19. it has been like 5 years since the release of the first and Yamato has come a looooong way in that time. I still love my YF-19, always have alwyas will.

When it comes to Yamato and double dipping, it's better to assume it will happen than not.

the "Gullet" does not bother me an iota.

what DOES bother me, however, is the new VF-19 series' "Bulbous" and "Droopy" nosecone profile;

I feel the exact opposite.

The problem with the YF-19 is the forward fuselage is angled upwards at a 10-15 degree angle. It looks so wrong. The VF-19 has the angle of the fuselage correct so the pilot is actually facing forwards.

Be patient young padawan.

Graham

JOY!