Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Has Yamato ever hinted at a reissue of the Double Nuts and/or Bird of Prey? I missed them when they released and picked up a BOP, but the Double Nuts is hands down the coolest of the YF-19s actually made into toys in my opinion. But no one ever has one for sale....or they want something insane for them (last one up on Amazon Japan wanted 120,000 yen).

I hope we get them with the almost inevitable re-do of the YF-19, because I agree, they were awesome.

A forum member was selling both for extremely reasonable prices, but the Double Nuts got snapped up really quick. I'd say these forums are probably your best bet for ever finding one for a reasonable amount.

Finally transformed my 19f today. I see what you guys mean about those ankle joints. The gerwalk mode on this thing would be perfect if those joints worked right. As it is I can barely get the thing to stand in gerwalk. The transformation of the chest was tricky, it took me a while to realize I had to snap the nosecone up into the chest. I'm still not sure I have it 100% correct.

It's nothing really hard, I just used a small one of those snap-off box-cutter types, and used a traditional "thumb push" method, planting my thumb behind the tab, and shaving a little off the hook to round it off.

Basically, I did this:

post-907-0-03473900-1358019835.jpg

I just rounded off the hook end of the tabs, so there's a slope in both directions. Well, at least that's what I tried to do, but the tabs are too small to get really picky. I just shaved down the sharp edge that way until the shoulders would snap up and down with just my fingers.

Great! Thanks. I'll see what I can do later.

Has Yamato ever hinted at a reissue of the Double Nuts and/or Bird of Prey? I missed them when they released and picked up a BOP, but the Double Nuts is hands down the coolest of the YF-19s actually made into toys in my opinion. But no one ever has one for sale....or they want something insane for them (last one up on Amazon Japan wanted 120,000 yen).

No, and I don't remember ever hearing Yamato reissuing a non-canon scheme. That's not to say it will never happen, but there's no real precedent.

Emerald Force.

Graham

Beautiful!

Me too! Was it a kit or completed toy though? I forget.

Kit.

I know some people like the BoP and Doublenuts.. but I wish they would have just taken 10 minutes to come up with something that wasn't just sticking different colors of paint in the machine. What it wound up making was neon orange anti-glare panels and thruster vents. <_<

I'm holding off buying anything YF-19 related until they make something that can sit next to one of the VF-19s and not look 3 generations behind.

But yeah.. I just bought a second Fire Valk with the sound booster, so I guess that means I'm in for two of each of the rest of Sound Force. ^_^

Bonus points if we get a white/orange trainer schemed VF-17T, because I wil buy that.

Just got my VF-19P today. I just wanna share a little QC issue that I've had when I tried to put that fuselage filler piece for Fighter/Gerwalk. It seems that my VF-19P's head was misaligned by a few millimeters. I disassembled the head trying to see if I can nudge the gray neck piece to the middle, but it wouldn't budge.

th_IMG_8919.jpg th_IMG_8923.jpg

Since I'm not a big Battroid fan, it's not really a biggie to me but it does have its own side effects on Fighter/Gerwalk when it comes to fitting in the fuselage filler. It really makes it very hard to get it in there since the space in the nape is now somewhat uneven on one side. I got it to fit, and it didn't to try an pop off, so that's a relief.

th_IMG_8925.jpg

Another somewhat bad effect of this is that the head is slightly a bit off on one side in Fighter. Either way, I'm very glad with the purchase and I don't think I will lose sleep with this issue. I so love the toy, I was singing the final part of Angel Voice as I placed it in my cabinet.

th_IMG_8927.jpg

Anyway, I've just got a question regarding that gray neck piece. Is the Battroid supposed to be able to nod using that gray joint? Because mine can't seem to do so, and I have a hunch that it is supposed to be able to nod on that part, or else I wouldn't have this gap at all:

th_IMG_8933.jpg

Edited by kamadoma

so quick question. My VF-19 Kai with Sound Booster came in recently, and I noticed there's what appears to be a layer of oil or something on both items. I hear this is fairly common with the VF-19s, and was wondering what's the best way to remove them? Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm pretty sure that yes, the head does have a tilting joint to let it nod up and down. Mine have been really stiff as well, and mine might be slightly off-center too now that I think about it. The folding panels that surround the side lasers don't seem to lay down very well.

It's taken me a bit of adjustment to get the head and neck cover to fit in well.

I seem to get the folding panels in place despite the head being misaligned, which really makes me wonder how is it possible since the head is clearly misaligned. Not that I'm complaining though.

Another issue that this stiff neck has gotten me would be the shoulder panels. Since the head wouldn't nod, it prevents the shoulder panels from being all flat down (at least compared to my Kai). Though this is remedied by not connecting the shield flush with the forearm, hence making the shield sit higher a bit, making a flat surface from the shield to the shoulder panels. So this wasn't a biggie really.

But does your VF-19P have the gap in my last photo once you get the head and neck cover to fit in?

My friend whom I ordered the VF-19P through just contacted Amiami and we might be having their response within 24 hours. I really didn't want to bother anymore with this, but hey, who knows how Amiami will compensate if they decide to?

If you slowly work the head on the joint it should loosen up. I had the same problem with the neck cover and side panels. The head lasers have to be in the right position for the side panels to lay down. As far as the neck cover, I had to actually make the head nod towards the inner compartment that holds the head in fighter mode to be able to get the cover on. Looking at your final pic, you need to nod the head a bit more down and it should sit flush.

Edited by Loop

Just got my VF-19P today. I just wanna share a little QC issue that I've had when I tried to put that fuselage filler piece for Fighter/Gerwalk. It seems that my VF-19P's head was misaligned by a few millimeters. I disassembled the head trying to see if I can nudge the gray neck piece to the middle, but it wouldn't budge.

th_IMG_8919.jpg th_IMG_8923.jpg

Since I'm not a big Battroid fan, it's not really a biggie to me but it does have its own side effects on Fighter/Gerwalk when it comes to fitting in the fuselage filler. It really makes it very hard to get it in there since the space in the nape is now somewhat uneven on one side. I got it to fit, and it didn't to try an pop off, so that's a relief.

th_IMG_8925.jpg

Another somewhat bad effect of this is that the head is slightly a bit off on one side in Fighter. Either way, I'm very glad with the purchase and I don't think I will lose sleep with this issue. I so love the toy, I was singing the final part of Angel Voice as I placed it in my cabinet.

th_IMG_8927.jpg

Anyway, I've just got a question regarding that gray neck piece. Is the Battroid supposed to be able to nod using that gray joint? Because mine can't seem to do so, and I have a hunch that it is supposed to be able to nod on that part, or else I wouldn't have this gap at all:

th_IMG_8933.jpg

Heh I already saw them on your Photobucket account, nice. I'm surprised they used the Kai face behind the visor I could barely see it.

Emerald Force.

Graham

kudos to you Graham for having the space to have all of Emerald force.

If you slowly work the head on the joint it should loosen up. I had the same problem with the neck cover and side panels. The head lasers have to be in the right position for the side panels to lay down. As far as the neck cover, I had to actually make the head nod towards the inner compartment that holds the head in fighter mode to be able to get the cover on. Looking at your final pic, you need to nod the head a bit more down and it should sit flush.

Yeah, but that's where the problem is. The head wouldn't budge in giving a nod so I couldn't get rid of the gap. I already took head off in order to get more leverage in forcing it to nod, but it wouldn't budge. The only nod it could do was if I move the base of the neck itself, not the gray joint where the head and neck connects.

Yeah, but that's where the problem is. The head wouldn't budge in giving a nod so I couldn't get rid of the gap. I already took head off in order to get more leverage in forcing it to nod, but it wouldn't budge. The only nod it could do was if I move the base of the neck itself, not the gray joint where the head and neck connects.

Are you sure the head isn't super tight or just glued? My 19P and 17D heads took a HUGE amount of tweaking before they would budge for me.

My VF-19 Kai and Sound Booster finally came in yesterday. The transformation to battloid was a bit tricky for me as a beginner. Just the first step to release the shoulders was a real pain! Anyway, now the cod piece is really loose in battloid… Is it supposed to click into position somehow?

I also have a problem with the central peg under the trap doors on the Sound Booster. I just can’t flip it out. I’ve even tried using a needle for leverage, but it doesn’t help. Anyone who has had this problem too, and how did you solve it?

My VF-19 Kai and Sound Booster finally came in yesterday. The transformation to battloid was a bit tricky for me as a beginner. Just the first step to release the shoulders was a real pain! Anyway, now the cod piece is really loose in battloid… Is it supposed to click into position somehow?

I also have a problem with the central peg under the trap doors on the Sound Booster. I just can’t flip it out. I’ve even tried using a needle for leverage, but it doesn’t help. Anyone who has had this problem too, and how did you solve it?

The cod piece is loose on mine, too. There is nothing to allow it to click into position. You can try thickening up the hinge with nail varnish or something similar, though.

The Soundbooster peg is tricky. You can try to pry it out gently using a small blade, though. I used to use a Swiss army knife, but recently I have not needed any tools.

I hope you are enjoying it otherwise, though. It's a fantastic toy!

Are you sure the head isn't super tight or just glued? My 19P and 17D heads took a HUGE amount of tweaking before they would budge for me.

After taking off the head again tomorrow, I tried to force it more with the nodding. The damn gray piece eventually loosened up and I was able to make it nod and adjusted it to the middle.

Here are some of the before-after photos of the fix.

th_IMG_8929.jpg th_IMG_8933.jpg th_IMG_8935-1.jpg

th_IMG_8974.jpg th_IMG_8973.jpg th_IMG_8971.jpg

First of all, congratulations on the purchase. I can't offer any fixes for the cod pice, but as for the Sound Booster, if it's okay with you, try using one of those tiny screwdrivers to pull it out. For me I always keep an index fingernail a bit longer so I can use it to wedge out stuff during transformation.

Edited by kamadoma

After taking off the head again tomorrow, I tried to force it more with the nodding. The damn gray piece eventually loosened up and I was able to make it nod and adjusted it to the middle.

Good. Glad to hear it wasn't actually a defect. I still have issues adjusting the head because of the tightness. And that damn 17D barely wants to move at all still.