Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I just tried and I was actually able to pull off that aggressive pose. I think mine was only a pull of two clicks since I barely saw the metal shaft.

Despite the very loose ankles, it still held on well once the foot movement were obstructed by the ankle bands.

Though I never bothered taking pics since I just wanted to try it out. :p

I actually didn't know you could pull as many as five clicks, thanks.

Edited by kamadoma

I found a negative-sounding review of the fire valkyrie on youtube:

"I can't stand it" "It's a crap toy."

I thought it would be good to post in MWB to see what reaction I'd get while I'm bored waiting for these toys to come out. (you have to admit there has been barely any hype or coverage or pics of these upcoming toys lately) Does anyone here feel the same way as he does?

Let me know if you want to sell your stuff cheap to me. thanks. lol I don't think I can afford all the variants and might be short on $.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I found a negative-sounding review of the fire valkyrie on youtube:

"I can't stand it" "It's a crap toy."

I thought it would be good to post in MWB to see what reaction I'd get while I'm bored waiting for these toys to come out. (you have to admit there has been barely any hype or coverage or pics of these upcoming toys lately) Does anyone here feel the same way as he does?

Let me know if you want to sell your stuff cheap to me. thanks. lol I don't think I can afford all the variants and might be short on $.

I think you meant to post this in the VF-19 Kai thread? Anyway, this review has already been lambasted and ridiculed :)

Linky to the ridicule

I remember him saying it won't have the shiny look of the vf-19. I'm not a fan of shiny finish. Yeah maybe there is some anime reason for why things must look shiny like sportscars (beam resistant coating, girls will look at you showing off in the valk more, giant zentradi oil is poured onto it before each mission in order to more easily escape being grabbed by them and thrown in a wrestling match at close range combat etc) but I prefer flat look.

Follow the example of the vf-11b and vf-22s yamato: After going to the pictures thread I just ended up ordering another vf-22s thanks to hlj sale. lol

I hope more pic of this come out in color soon. Show me all the gimmicks. Enough teasing.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

That gunpod looks great. Right now my fav is the VF-11B's. Think I want a non-canon VF-17 with bayonet in my dream pilot pack from Yamato.

Damn the Macross 7 line is turning out to be so awesome... can't wait for the VF-17 but in the back of all of our minds I know some of us are waiting for the rest of Sound Force to be made XD

No sweat, all of them toys manufacturers announce their products at least 2 months prior to release dates nowadays so we just have to fast if more VFs are to be released. which may be a reality next year :lol:

Edited by alchemo

But what if bandai secretly come out with the vf-171 like tommorow? Then you are screwed.

How? The joints might become looser over time like with the V1 DX Messiahs. Plus the 17 is more memorable, and has been in demand for a much longer time. Plus it wasn't treated as cannon fodder, so I think it's safe to say the VF-17 is more popular(I would buy both though, the 171, especially the EX, looks awesome).

Honestly, I think the chance for a VF-171 would be when Bandai release the copyright to Yamato to produce Macross Frontier mecha, a few years later. as a minor mecha (not that the mecha is inferior, only not featured as the hero in the show) is really hard to make it to the production line of Bandai nowadays.

I disagree. The YF-29 was pretty much a given. New super powerful mecha for the lead character of a new movie for a popular franchise? How could they NOT make it? I would say the VF-27 is more of an example of anything being possible, then again it's pretty much a VF-25 variant.

True, but what I meant was that the YF-29 was new to the movie and served as an upgrade for the main character. The promotion for the movie also centred heavily on the YF-29. The VF-171 wasn't really anything special, even when Alto flew it. In other words it's likely more people would want a YF-29 than 171.

It's basically the same route they took with the 00 movie and the Qan[T]. Hero gets a fancy new mecha for the movie which is promoted heavily to build hype for the toys (gunpla) as well as the movie itself. Notice they never released a model of that special flag Setsuna piloted, even though it was a hero version.

Edited by Raptor One