Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

IMO the difference is fairly obvious, but I did say it could just be an effect caused by the forced perspective of the CAD though.

Also the cockpit looks flatter than in the prototype.

post-12283-0-73032400-1316725036_thumb.jpg

Side-by-side you are right, it does look longer. I guess we'll find out how that winds up working out. Unless Graham wants/can chime in on this.

Anyone know if the gunpod is going to split into two and mounted in the legs just like in the Macross7 show?

I always liked the little cutscene where Gamlin transforms into bot mode and out pops the gun pod, combines the pieces, aims and fires.

According to Graham, it will ;)

Anyone know if the gunpod is going to split into two and mounted in the legs just like in the Macross7 show?

I always liked the little cutscene where Gamlin transforms into bot mode and out pops the gun pod, combines the pieces, aims and fires.

Just to clarify, in the anime, the gunpod does not split into two pieces. The shoulder stock splits lengthwise down the middle and then folds up around the barrel/magazine of the gunpod and then the folded gunpod is stored completely in the right leg.

What you may be getting mixed up with is the orange color beam gun adaptor, which is stored seperately in the left leg. When Gamlin wants to convert the standard 40mm gunpod to a single use high-powered beam weapon, he ejects the orange beam gun adapter from the right leg, removed the gunpod's standard shell magazine from the gunpod, attaches the beam gun adaptor and then fires the single use high powered beam.

I'll confirm that the gunpod will store internally in the Yamato toy. However, due to space limitation caused by the size of the gunpod, the storage is not 100% anime accurate. With the knee joint, ankle joint, cross pegs for screws, landing gear, there is space limitation in 1/60 scale.

And yes, the actual physical sculpt looks much better than those 3D CADs.

Graham

Just to clarify, in the anime, the gunpod does not split into two pieces. The shoulder stock splits lengthwise down the middle and then folds up around the barrel/magazine of the gunpod and then the folded gunpod is stored completely in the right leg.

What you may be getting mixed up with is the orange color beam gun adaptor, which is stored seperately in the left leg. When Gamlin wants to convert the standard 40mm gunpod to a single use high-powered beam weapon, he ejects the orange beam gun adapter from the right leg, removed the gunpod's standard shell magazine from the gunpod, attaches the beam gun adaptor and then fires the single use high powered beam.

I'll confirm that the gunpod will store internally in the Yamato toy. However, due to space limitation caused by the size of the gunpod, the storage is not 100% anime accurate. With the knee joint, ankle joint, cross pegs for screws, landing gear, there is space limitation in 1/60 scale.

And yes, the actual physical sculpt looks much better than those 3D CADs.

Graham

Can't wait to see final pics.

and 22,000JPY = 287.87USD. I see no problem here.

If you factor in shipping then you're north of $ 300. AND if one was to purchase from a site like BBTS or off of eBay then you're looking at another mark-up.

Re: the recent prototype picture, not a huge fan of the VF-17 per say but damn Yamato can design some good looking toys.

-b.

With AmiAmi's discount, below 300 is a realistic amount.

I'm not going to assume AmiAmi has a discount. If I haven't seen it advertised as such then it isn't that cheap yet. As it stands it's $300+ with shipping. $290+ with shipping isn't a huge step up.