Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

wow, i have to say i am sort of very exited about this line, and i dont know which head scult or color scheme i want yet, they all look fantastic!!! When is this due anyways, end of 2012, or end of 2011???

post-12283-0-25592600-1312569944_thumb.jpg

December 2011.

2011 Dec??? :blink:

I just hope this comes with the Super Packs.

vf-17s-superpack-battroid.gif

Courtesy of Macross Mecha Manual (Mr. March)

The other problem with that is Yamato already opted to skip on putting fast pack attachments on the VF-19 because of the leg-missile gimmick. The legs on this Valk will also have to open for the gun pod to be ejected and that likely means these fast packs will be in the way as well. I'll bet they opt to skip.

and a pic was posted a few pages back

Doesn't mean anything. We've seen quite a few prototypes that have not made it into production or toy lines cancelled prematurely.

All I'm sayin' is I hope this toy actually sees the light of day.

Doesn't mean anything. We've seen quite a few prototypes that have not made it into production or toy lines cancelled prematurely.

All I'm sayin' is I hope this toy actually sees the light of day.

Hey, there's even a release date!

• 2 weeks later...

So was Yamato security super tight at that show or something? Usually there are tons of pics out there of prototypes but all we got was the one grainy picture of this and the VF-19F/S. A least there were a few nice pictures of the VF-19P. Just surprised by the lack of pictures all around.

Chris

I'm not going to revisit the reverse-engineering topic for VF-17, but these two designs are very different like YF-19 and VF-19

Experten's 1/100 scale perfect transformation VF-17 and VF-171

http://ressim.net/s/upload/85e4ab39.jpg

http://ressim.net/s/upload/1043d435.jpg

http://ressim.net/s/upload/4cc36322.jpg

For details:

http://experten.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/08/vf-171-cf5e.html

And they even have the EX variation :o :o :o

http://experten.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/06/ex-a044.html

Edited by Gian

seriously i don't read japanese....so the link doesn't mean much to me. WHERE CAN I GET THESE? and why hasn't bandai done a VF-171!?

This. Seriously, these things are freaking awesome. I want an EX one as well. Sooo much better than a regular VF-17 imho...

They're pre-built (I think) resin toys sold only at shows like Wonderfest. Check the rest of the blog and you'll see him selling them at trade shows.

He's made VF-1s, VF-17s, VF-19As, VF-4s, and even VF-3000s.

Edited by VF5SS

2011 Dec??? :blink:

I just hope this comes with the Super Packs.

Maybe not 'come with', but there's a very good chance we will see it :)

Graham

The other problem with that is Yamato already opted to skip on putting fast pack attachments on the VF-19 because of the leg-missile gimmick. The legs on this Valk will also have to open for the gun pod to be ejected and that likely means these fast packs will be in the way as well. I'll bet they opt to skip.

The reason that Yamato are not doing FAST packs for the VF-19S/F, is not because of the leg missile bays.

The reason I have been told is twofold:

1) Getting the shoulder mechanism to work for the FAST Packs is seen as being quite difficult.

2) Due to the way the wing looks tighly to the leg, you would only be able to get half a FAST pack on the leg anyway.

Graham

Graham

Yes, I hope we have that chance; the VF-17 fast pack doesn’t seem to be very complicated mechanically speaking…

Nice to see you around this thread again, Graham.

Edited by Reïvaj

That's a good reason to buy the S variant as well. Yamato should officially discuss the chances of fast pack additions. People one the fence or who have flat out decided they dislike the S variant color/head may rethink if they can get a true S variant with the packs. I know I'm now going to get both based on what you've said.

The reason that Yamato are not doing FAST packs for the VF-19S/F, is not because of the leg missile bays.

1) Getting the shoulder mechanism to work for the FAST Packs is seen as being quite difficult.

2) Due to the way the wing looks tighly to the leg, you would only be able to get half a FAST pack on the leg anyway.

Graham

I could see the shoulders being a slight pain. More than anything they look pretty dumb in Battroid configuration. The leg fast packs, after looking at the line art, are impossible to implement save for having an additional clip-on part for Gerwalk/Battroid mode. You can clearly see in fighter mode that the wings attach right about the middle of the "bell bottoms" and the fast pack only covers the front (bottom) half of the calf. Suddenly in battroid it's covering the entire calf but you can still see on the back of the fast pack where it's drawn to have a flat edge like where the wings would fit over it. The only possible way to do that would be an extra part that snaps on/off. I still think it would be cool to have one though because it looks pretty awesome in fighter mode.

Edited by Mommar

Hmm... magnets would work pretty well in this situation, on the legs. The canons would attach at the wing roots.

The only parts I would really be worried about are how short the leg missle holsters are in battroid mode. You can clearly see in the lineart that the holsters are longer than the lower part of the leg while in fighter mode.

vf-17s-superpack-fighter-lineart.gif

vf-17s-fighter-lineart.gif

The canons on the back boosters shouldn't be too tough, if Yamato were to design them to extend similar to the knees of the VF-0S to accomate GERWALK mode, it just might work.

vf-17s-superpack-battroid-lineart.gif

vf-17s-battroid-lineart.gif

Hmm... magnets would work pretty well in this situation, on the legs. The canons would attach at the wing roots.

The only parts I would really be worried about are how short the leg missle holsters are in battroid mode. You can clearly see in the lineart that the holsters are longer than the lower part of the leg while in fighter mode.

The canons on the back boosters shouldn't be too tough, if Yamato were to design them to extend similar to the knees of the VF-0S to accomate GERWALK mode, it just might work.

I want to see what one of these looks like in Gerwalk. I'm not sure it's ever been shown. I can't find a place in the Animation where there was a Super VF-17 in Gerwalk at all and certainly none of the line art online has it.

Graham

Graham

Ok, ok hint taken and can't wait for the packs to be released. . .

I want to see what one of these looks like in Gerwalk. I'm not sure it's ever been shown. I can't find a place in the Animation where there was a Super VF-17 in Gerwalk at all and certainly none of the line art online has it.

Tenjin drew the VF-17 with Super Packs in Gerwalk mode for Macross Chronicles.

Graham