Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

He forgot the shoulder packs.

The VF-17 Super Pack does not included any packs mounted on the shoulders!

If you mean the back-mounted packs, they are still there, but you can't see them much as the arms mostly block the veiw of them.

Graham

I hope this comes out with the same shiny hard plastic as the Fire Valk.

I think it will be the same semi-gloss texture that Yamato usually uses. The only reason the Fire Valk and the upcoming VF-19s are glossy is because the Fire Valk is supposed to be a glossy show bird and I think it was said that Kawamori requested the toy to be so. It was also too much trouble to change the texture for the other VF-19 variants since they share a lot of parts.

the only ones coming with the glossy finish will be the 19 variants because they started off with the Fire Valk.

And I hope the new YF-19 reverts back to the usual Yamato finish. :rolleyes:

Oh man. That settles it. Might get the 17D for solo look, 17S for FAST PACKS! Nightmare is one of the best designs with FAST packs!

Hell yes it is.

Glad I have a few months to start saving for this bad boy. If it costs as much as the Fire Valk, I'm gonna need to start saving NOW! :lol:

So what do you think guys about the new CAD? Now we can see colours, head sculpt, general proportions... The fighter mode does look nice, doesn't it?

Source: http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/49953/index

IMO CADs are a bit misleading in terms of general feel of a toy. The first time I saw VF-19's CAD, I was kind of disappointed, but when on hand VF-19 is super awesome :D

Yamato's CAD images look like pachinko games' graphics and need more rendering time if they have an intention to use colored CAD images as a way of promotion.

I always prefer unpainted prototypes over CADs :)

Edited by charger69

So what do you think guys about the new CAD? Now we can see colours, head sculpt, general proportions... The fighter mode does look nice, doesn't it?

post-12283-0-43404000-1316705516_thumb.jpg

Source: http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/49953/index

Compared to the old wireframe CAD I think this colored one in Battroid looks horrible. The VF-19S next to it on Yamato's blog also looks horrible and we've already pretty much seen how good the actual sculpt is on the VF-19 Kai. Why bother releasing these images, they don't do the VF-19 any favors so I'm assuming (hoping) the 17 also isn't represented well here.

Yamato's CAD images look like pachinko games' graphics and need more rendering time if they have an intention to use colored CAD images as a way of promotion.

:lol: I agree.

There’s something I’ve noticed as well: the nose cone in fighter mode seems to be longer than in previous CADs and the only grainy pic of the prototype we’ve seen before, though it’s possibly only due to the forced perspective of the drawing.

It’s not that I don’t like it but it makes it look closer to a VF-171… :huh:

:lol: I agree.

There’s something I’ve noticed as well: the nose cone in fighter mode seems to be longer than in previous CADs and the only grainy pic of the prototype we’ve seen before, though it’s possibly only due to the forced perspective of the drawing.

It’s not that I don’t like it but it makes it look closer to a VF-171… :huh:

Really? I'm not seeing that the nose looks much longer at all. I do think the fighter mode here looks magnificent. I think the Battroid is not represented well at all though.

Really? I'm not seeing that the nose looks much longer at all. I do think the fighter mode here looks magnificent. I think the Battroid is not represented well at all though.

IMO the difference is fairly obvious, but I did say it could just be an effect caused by the forced perspective of the CAD though.

Also the cockpit looks flatter than in the prototype.

post-12283-0-73032400-1316725036_thumb.jpg