which looks sleeker- sv-51 or vf-27?

arrow

115 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• SV-51
    • VF-27

Sleeker?...

If we're talking line art I think it's dead even. If we're talking 1/60 toys I'd give the edge to the 27. I can't put my finger on what it is, but the Yamato 51 didn't capture the sleekness of the F-mode quite like Hasegawa did.

I'm an SV-51 fan though, myself. I don't like the SR-71 influence on the VF-27, or the oversized gunpod in F-mode, or Brera/Grace as characters very much.

D'oh!

I was not reading clearly and thought that sv-51 was SR-71, totally forgetting about the bad ass macrossZero enemy mech. Now that I know what you are referring to I think that the VF-27 is sleeker but I prefer the SV-51.

For me, the 21/22 is still the sleekest and most streamlined out of all the valks in fighter mode.

The 21/22 is not bad, but I think in terms of sleekness the VF-11 takes the cake. That is one smooth and beautiful bird.

vf11rampw.jpg

vf11flankerlikew.jpg

The more I think about it, the less I think the word "sleek" is appropriate for the 51 and 27. Both are quite jaggedy and menacing, actually.

In terms of sleekness, I think the VF-27 (sans gun), looks sleeker than the SV-51.

However, I personally prefer the look of the SV-51 in all three modes over the VF-27. The SV-51 just looks meaner and certainly more 'real-world-ish', in fighter mode.

For ultimate sleekness, nothing beats a VF-19F IMO.

Graham

I chose the 51 as well. While the sv-27 is arguably sleeker in the fighter mode, I prefer the SV-51's unconventional battroid, and the more rugged look of the fighter. Also, points to the SV-51 for having VTOL capability, even if it wasn't realized on Yamato's version (the chest piece raises in fighter to expose the lift fan.)

I have to agree with everyone who believes that the YF-21, by virtue of its YF-23 inspiration, is the sleekest of all the valkyries. It's a beautiful design, at least in fighter. Not as crazy about its battroid.

I chose the 51 as well. While the sv-27 is arguably sleeker in the fighter mode, I prefer the SV-51's unconventional battroid, and the more rugged look of the fighter. Also, points to the SV-51 for having VTOL capability, even if it wasn't realized on Yamato's version (the chest piece raises in fighter to expose the lift fan.)

I have to agree with everyone who believes that the YF-21, by virtue of its YF-23 inspiration, is the sleekest of all the valkyries. It's a beautiful design, at least in fighter. Not as crazy about its battroid.

I agree. To date, the YF-21 is still the sleekest, sexiest VF out there.

But if I had to choose between the SV-51 and the VF-27, I'd have to go with the SV-51. To me at least, sleekness is not just about smooth lines and streamlining. The SV-51 has more character to it, and its extreme "gaunt and gangly" design lends a sensuality to it that the VF-27 simply lacks, IMO.

SLEEK: adjective

1 glossy, satiny, sleek, silken, silky, silklike, slick

having a smooth, gleaming surfac

2 sleek

well-groomed and neatly tailored; especially too well-groomed

I guess in the context of airplanes or transforming robots, means aerodynamic or clean lines (*not chunky in battroid mode). "Sleek" probably does not apply to neither: the 51 and the 27 all have jagged lines to make them look menacing. I think the 19 is a bit on the chunky side in all three modes...that leaves the 25 or the 11 as the cleanest valks IMO. Not necessarily my favorites, I like the SV-51 in fighter mode best, closely followed by the 27. The former looks like a Russian Su-27 while the latter a mix between the SR-71, the F-22 and the Su-27.

Edited by regult

It's hardly a pug, more like a throughbred greyhound B)).

Nice. I agree and I stand corrected! I have a deep appreciation for the 51. But that love had to evolve. When I first saw a test shot of Zero, I was like, "what in the F@#k is that thing?" Give it time. The 51 will grow on you. :)

The 25 / 27 is fugly too. But what is different about the 51 is that it is it's own entity. The 25 and the 27 is a Frankenstein. It's a fusion of numerous valk designs used in the past. The feet belong to the 51. The nose is reminiscent of the 19 and the 11. I see some of the Zero in there too. I guess in some ways it's an analogy to the entire Macross Frontier storyline. Granted, it's cool, but to me, it's just rehashed segments of what we already know.

The 51 is fresh. Original....and still ugly. But ugly in that good way. And, when it is armed with its armor parts (fast packs) it is very intimidating. To me the 25 isn't that scary.

But again, it's all preference.