which looks sleeker- sv-51 or vf-27?

arrow

115 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• SV-51
    • VF-27

Seeing the SV-51 Nora I have is a worn sloppy mess which I may even replace with a fresher example at some stage, I thought I'd try a little modification on it.. I removed the fan blade moldings from the upper legs (a rather prick of a job) and made up some fill panels to fit neatly inside and sprayed them a matte black. I rather like the end result and I think it gives the intakes a more realistic look compared to other real life jet fighters. These are the first lot I made so they are essentially prototypes and even though they seem to fit in there nicely I might make a new more refined set to fit in there permanently. And yes the canards are staying the reversed direction! So yeah let me know what you guys think!

20150919_203317a.jpg

Edited by spanner76

Seeing the SV-51 Nora I have is a worn sloppy mess which I may even replace with a fresher example at some stage, I thought I'd try a little modification on it..

It might worthwhile just to get yourself a Future/Pledge clear floorcare polish to apply on the loose joints of your Nora. Preferably the original unscented version. It's about US$11 at amzn right now.

It might worthwhile just to get yourself a Future/Pledge clear floorcare polish to apply on the loose joints of your Nora. Preferably the original unscented version. It's about US$11 at amzn right now

not on this one sadly.. its joints are just way too far gone.. completely shagged more like it! That's why today I bought another one.. fingers crossed its a million times better!

I kind of like it,Spanner, and that's a very nicely angled shot too

Hey thanks! yeah its not a bad shot eh! B))

Really nice idea about the intakes, I would make the same if it can still transform, can't it?

Thanks Xigfrid! It could be done a lot better, especially if I could 3d print the part and make it with a similar pattern like on the VF-0 or VF-1 intake covers.. And yes it can still transform!

Ah, but we'll be griping about the colors as soon as the toy is announced. :rolleyes:

You sir... are a mind reader. ;)

Seeing the SV-51 Nora I have is a worn sloppy mess which I may even replace with a fresher example at some stage, I thought I'd try a little modification on it.. I removed the fan blade moldings from the upper legs (a rather prick of a job) and made up some fill panels to fit neatly inside and sprayed them a matte black. I rather like the end result and I think it gives the intakes a more realistic look compared to other real life jet fighters. These are the first lot I made so they are essentially prototypes and even though they seem to fit in there nicely I might make a new more refined set to fit in there permanently. And yes the canards are staying the reversed direction! So yeah let me know what you guys think!

*snip*

Keep it in Gerwalk mode, Spanner! ;) That beast will stomp your Avocado and Ube valks for sure. Hehehe. :lol:

How about a Macross the First version to go with your Macross the First VF-1J.......you'd be the only one on the planet with such a set! :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_633_9975.jpg

Nice! More Avocado and Ube for Spanner. Woohoo! :lol:

The Avocado and Ube Father of the Year Awards goes to... ;)

What color scheme you're going to use, Spanner? Looking forward to your masterpiece. ;)

hmmm I dunno! there are a few which have been done already and look really great!

I particularly like this paint scheme!

How about a Macross the First version to go with your Macross the First VF-1J.......you'd be the only one on the planet with such a set! :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_633_9975.jpg

yeah that would be cool eh! I could then display both the MTF paints together!

You should try Dobber's scheme!!!

you mean this yes? if so yes it looks sick!

med_gallery_265_296_319824.jpg

but so do these..

IMG_2614.jpg

100_0608.jpg

4345129495_c2315a446c_o.jpg

finaltqfront.jpg