TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

• Shawn unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

This topic is no longer stickied for some reason. Can a mod pls sticky it again?

For those people who put stickers on their yamato/arcadia toys: Do you simply just stick them on or should you use something like mark set over top of them. I want to sticker up some of my older stuff that doesn't have the un spacy kite under the cockpit but i don't want it to look like crap. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, erizai said:

Newbie question from me: If HLJ sent me an order confirmation email, means I am sure to get my copy?

As I went to the item page after It said discontinued. so I am worried. 

Yes, as long as you have the order confirmation email your stock is 99% assured - there have been very few/very rare occasions when HLJ accepted more orders than they could fill.

-b.

17 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Yes, as long as you have the order confirmation email your stock is 99% assured - there have been very few/very rare occasions when HLJ accepted more orders than they could fill.

-b.

Thank You Kanedas Bike! can sleep peacefully already ... haha ... hope the rare occasion wont happen... :rolleyes:

• Graham pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Ok, so acetone can dissolve cyanoacrylate (super glue), right? How dangerous is acetone to the plastic/paint of DX Chogokin valkyries? 

Is nitromethane a safer alternative to de-bond CA on DX chogokin toys? What concentration is strong enough?

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mckbmj said:

Hi guys, new to the forum. I recently rediscovered the franchise, and wanted to get some direction on which toys/models to get. I would like to get some decent stuff but not break the bank if I don't have to.

Thanks guys!

Sounds like these may work for you.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41926-hi-metal-r/

Newbie question, had it on another thread and was pointed to this one.. 

Hello,  hope someone out there can help me , I've been looking around the internet for a bit and cant find the answer.

What is the battery size to replace for a Masterpiece VF-1J? is this something I can buy at a local electronic store?

2 hours ago, Acemillion77 said:

Hello,  hope someone out there can help me , I've been looking around the internet for a bit and cant find the answer.

What is the battery size to replace for a Masterpiece VF-1J? is this something I can buy at a local electronic store?

Hey Acemillion. Try to PM @jenius regarding this since he reviewed most of the Toynami releases. Maybe he knows what size. ;)

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

Afraid I never wrote that down. He needs someone who has one in a display case right now that can just pop it open and tell him. There's gotta be someone here who still has one accessible right?

I'm assuming the size of the battery wasn't printed on some panel within the battery compartment?

7 hours ago, Acemillion77 said:

Hey ace if you can wait a day or two till I unpack into my new place I can tell you. I have a vf-1r. 

16 minutes ago, barurutor said:

From google image search there's a black box of the red/white/blue GBP-1S in 1/48 scale.  might just be a reissue though.

s-l300.jpg

I've seen this pop up on mandarake and was wondering how it's different from the original release. 

I don't see anything about it on anymoon but may have looked past it. 

25 minutes ago, barurutor said:

From google image search there's a black box of the red/white/blue GBP-1S in 1/48 scale.  might just be a reissue though.

s-l300.jpg

Yes, from time to time, this version comes up at Mandarake or Yahoo Japan and still wonder if there are minor revision and I am not sure which one comes first

38 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

White is the show colors, black is more low viz grays with yellow chest. From anymoon.  http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1677

Barurutor shared the correct image. I am not referring to the low viz version (which I wish Arcadia replicate in 1/60)

Edited by chyll2

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

Yes, from time to time, this version comes up at Mandarake or Yahoo Japan and still wonder if there are minor revision and I am not sure which one comes first

Barurutor shared the correct image. I am not referring to the low viz version (which I wish Arcadia replicate in 1/60)

White box was original release, black one a re-release

• 2 weeks later...

I have a HLJ Shipping Inquiry.

I know most of us in order to save a little bit of cash, we opted to use HLJ's Private Warehouse. And I've been doing this multiple times now. But after I experienced some shipping problem with Nippon-Yasan (But mind you, it wasn't NY's fault. It's USPS'.), I decided using EMS all the time just to have some peace of mind since EMS have up to Y20000 insurance, whereas Registered SAL only have Y6000. Now back to the PW option, I have atleast Y50000+ worth of items there and for me to save some I wanted to use the FedEx Economy option. Though it doesn't state in HLJ's site how much insurance does it have. (Though it states it's 19 SDR per kilogram of actual weight. In which I don't really know what it meant by 19 SDR.) And knowing that it's 'Economy', I doubt it will cover my overall total if ever there's going to be problems during transit (knock on wood).

Here's HLJ's Shipping Insurance page: https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/204070950-Shipping-Insurance

However I did some estimate using the Create a Shipment method to see how much difference it's going to cost me if I ship it in 2 packages instead of 1. You know, so that each package will be covered somehow (or less) within the Y20000 EMS shipping insurance option. The difference is roughly Y2500+.

Now just to max out the insurance option privileges, I need to do 3 packages instead so all of my packages will be covered exactly within the Y20000 value per EMS package.

I know it's just common sense to figure this out but I guess I just need to hear some inputs or opinions since most of the toys we buy is not just simple toys but more of a high value one. Actually, I feel like this is more of a 'we save more' or 'we risk more' discussion.

Anyways, thanks in advance and looking forward to everyone's inputs.

-Noel

19 SDR is about $26.50USD. Thanks to you, I learned something new.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_drawing_rights

For higher dollar amount purchases, I try to split the shipments like you suggest to get as much insurance coverage as possible which is why I usually go with EMS. I'd rather spend the extra $$ to have a little peace of mind in case something happens then save money by shipping it in one big box. 

On 7/17/2017 at 2:47 AM, wmkjr said:

19 SDR is about $26.50USD. Thanks to you, I learned something new.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_drawing_rights

For higher dollar amount purchases, I try to split the shipments like you suggest to get as much insurance coverage as possible which is why I usually go with EMS. I'd rather spend the extra $$ to have a little peace of mind in case something happens then save money by shipping it in one big box. 

Thanks also for sharing that info, wmkjr. ;)

I already split my packages at HLJ just to get the whole insurance coverage. Not going to risk anymore shipping a $280 toy using Registered SAL. Lesseon learned, sir. Lesson learned. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
On 2011-04-19 at 4:30 PM, Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX said:

Does anyone have an English translation for the YF-19 Bird of Prey from the box/ manual?

All I seem to be able to find is the Double nuts translation

thanks!

Has anyone found a translation for the summary of the YF-19 Prototype #3?  I, myself, am very curious as I'm planning to apply markings on it, and would like to know the name of the carrier and pilot for this fighter?

Thanks for your help!  :D

6 minutes ago, cypherzero said:

Has anyone found a translation for the summary of the YF-19 Prototype #3?  I, myself, am very curious as I'm planning to apply markings on it, and would like to know the name of the carrier and pilot for this fighter?

Thanks for your help!  :D

You also might try asking here. There are some knowledgeable people there: 

• 3 weeks later...