HG and Robotech Debates

Dude. Let me get all McKeever on your a$$. Fans will be disappointed by the thousands. Trust me.

The Mospeada/New Gen toys sold well. I mean, I think they did. Why else would they release the TLEAD/Beta fighter toys in three colors? I also read that the Japanese Mospeada bikes all sold out as well. Shadow Chronicles sold gangbusters, and it was a direct continuation of New Gen. Finally, Harmony Gold is producing a sidequel based on the New Gen segment!

Mark my words.

This animated sidequel will be so successful, it will erase this... myopic Macross-rules-em-all view that has permeated the property for the last twenty odd years.

HEHEHEHE

Spoken as a true McKeeverist would've done.

Yup. Exactly. During's the keyword.

Like I said before, Frontier-BD was the best chance for Bandai to get around HG's continued blocking and trolling of the Macross-bridge to the US. Frontier was a new and native-BD production back then and the BD was highly anticipated since it's gonna be playable in US-players without any modifications. Not like the MZero-BD where they will actually cost them more to add english-subs post-production years after.

As soon as I got my preordered Frontier-BD vol-1 and disappointingly discovered Bandai didn't put any english-subs still, I canceled all my remaining Frontier-BD preorders from AmazonJapan. There just wasn't any point for me to support the title anymore.

The cost would be the same whether you did it during production or post production. on top of that I don't think the US branch of Bandai would like it if Japan decided to cut them out and put subs on something.

From what i gathered (wiki'd it) that's the version that just about everyone has seen or owns

never saw it

Dude. Let me get all McKeever on your a$. Fans will be disappointed by the thousands. Trust me.

The Mospeada/New Gen toys sold well. I mean, I think they did. Why else would they release the TLEAD/Beta fighter toys in three colors? I also read that the Japanese Mospeada bikes all sold out as well. Shadow Chronicles sold gangbusters, and it was a direct continuation of New Gen. Finally, Harmony Gold is producing a sidequel based on the New Gen segment!

Mark my words.

This animated sidequel will be so successful, it will erase this... myopic Macross-rules-em-all view that has permeated the property for the last twenty odd years.

HEHEHEHE

Spot-on, except you're missing the anti-Asian remarks.

Spot-on, except you're missing the anti-Asian remarks.

I don't get that. Aren't his bosses Asian?

BTW, blackconvoy_D01, how did your customer complaint go on Robotech.com? I kinda don't want to read the thread...

I don't get that. Aren't his bosses Asian?

That's the whole irony of it.

Anyway, as I've mentioned before, Banky trolled all over the old MW boards back in 2002. I completely assaulted him on his piss-poor grammar. He then resorted to calling me a "South East Asian Hick", which immediately got him banned. Not once did he apologize for that racist remark.

A few years later, Banky posted on his blog that he was retaliating on a comment I made that he saw was racist. This was my comment that he had taken out of context:

"That's right - stop bashing Toynami! Think about all of the monkeys that slaved their lives to give you your RT Masterpiece toys!"

What an idiot. What was racist about it?

That's the whole irony of it.

Anyway, as I've mentioned before, Banky trolled all over the old MW boards back in 2002. I completely assaulted him on his piss-poor grammar. He then resorted to calling me a "South East Asian Hick", which immediately got him banned. Not once did he apologize for that racist remark.

A few years later, Banky posted on his blog that he was retaliating on a comment I made that he saw was racist. This was my comment that he had taken out of context:

What an idiot. What was racist about it?

WOW.

This guy is really giving Mel Gibson a run for his money.

Are people too desensitized to realize how much of a bigot McKeever is?

Yet you have knuckleheads like MEMO and the hardcore fanboys on RT.com who would lay down their life for this idiot. Why?

Has sanity completely left this god-forsaken property?

Sadder still, but McKeever got what he wanted... hatemail from you. This guy seems to feed off this crap. :(

Selective Racisim= McKeeverism. Remember, McKeever is a right-wing, conservative nut job. What bothers you and I on encourages him. Although with that, I highly doubt that McKeever can handle face to face, direct confrontation. He has internet muscle, and is at his strongest and most clever behind a PC. Get him face to face and he'll crumble.

Meant not to offend other conservatives.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Selective Racisim= McKeeverism. Remember, McKeever is a right-wing, conservative nut job. What bothers you and I on encourages him. Although with that, I highly doubt that McKeever can handle face to face, direct confrontation. He has internet muscle, and is at his strongest and most clever behind a PC. Get him face to face and he'll crumble.

Meant not to offend other conservatives.

I'm glad to hear you say that... Selective Racism doesn't make a person a conservative, it just makes them an a$$hole. Bendo does the same thing.

A true conservative wouldn't indulge such tendancies, but rather, accept people for who they are.

Ugh Bendo. And you though McKeever was a name that brought shame to the Robo-Tech franchise.

Yeah but McKeever is employed by the franchise. I just noticed something on the rt.com site regarding the 25th Anniversary Soundtrack. Of course, it's kind of stupid to still refer to it by that name since it obviously didn't come out during the 25th Anniversary and, actually, doesn't have a release date in site. Now, Kevin posts that they found new tapes with NEVER BEFORE HEARD Robotech music which is why the soundtrack has been delayed. Can someone explain how these songs can be considered Robotech if they've never been heard, meaning they weren't used in the show? Afterall, they could just be composing new music which is delaying the release just so they have the marketing line "never before heard music."

Can someone explain how these songs can be considered Robotech if they've never been heard, meaning they weren't used in the show? Afterall, they could just be composing new music which is delaying the release just so they have the marketing line "never before heard music."

Maybe they were recorded at the same time with the intention of being used in the soundtrack but were rejected. Now, that they've found them, they've also realized why they were rejected, and are revising them (essentially making new music).

OR

There is a large gap in HG between the section involved with Robotech and top management (aka the money holders). Maybe the RT section wants to do these things, but it takes a long time to cross top management's desk, and even longer to get funds to complete the project approved. The problem with this situation is that the people in charge of the RT section are like kids who get too excited, and can't keep a secret, and tell the world. They then get egg on their face when top management takes a long time to make a decision or refuses funds for the project.

Just a theory. ;)

wow, truly a crazy story. i wonder if HG even has to pay a percentage of their profits to Big West or Tatsunoko whenever they release a product?

Tatsunoko? Yes. Big West? :unsure: But we do know that should HG ever try to use any Macross design in any new works beyond their toys and comics, they would owe Big West some money.

But we do know that should HG ever try to use any Macross design in any new works beyond their toys and comics, they would owe Big West some money.

Liar. Tommy Yune said they had rights to their images in a con panel. McKeever also confirmed this in one of his rants against the naysayers on the boards. Memo can back me up on this. ;)

Can someone explain how these songs can be considered Robotech if they've never been heard, meaning they weren't used in the show?

I have no doubt a lot of people will buy despite the BS. Still, why did Macek cut the songs in the first place if the show kept reusing the same action and drama themes over and over again? They must've been real crap...

Yeah but McKeever is employed by the franchise. I just noticed something on the rt.com site regarding the 25th Anniversary Soundtrack. Of course, it's kind of stupid to still refer to it by that name since it obviously didn't come out during the 25th Anniversary and, actually, doesn't have a release date in site. Now, Kevin posts that they found new tapes with NEVER BEFORE HEARD Robotech music which is why the soundtrack has been delayed. Can someone explain how these songs can be considered Robotech if they've never been heard, meaning they weren't used in the show? Afterall, they could just be composing new music which is delaying the release just so they have the marketing line "never before heard music."

If it's what I think it is, I've heard it a long time ago. Several have heard it as well, and at least one of the tracks that didn't make it, make me wanna throw down some cardboard on the pavement, put on my converse, and bust out the windmill on everyone. I wish they'd stop calling it a 25th anniversary soundtrack, as it's past that, and as the saying goes, "A day late, and a buck short." But, they probably wanna ride that pony around the track as much as possible. Aside from being a little off and odd, it's kinda one of those, "whatever" moments.

wow, truly a crazy story. i wonder if HG even has to pay a percentage of their profits to Big West or Tatsunoko whenever they release a product?

That will never be HG, since HG never releases anything to make a profit off of :)

There are still a handful of orchestral tracks missing, but not many. Some of the tracks were released previously in versions that were extracted from episodes. There's a another instrumental version of Will We Win I think that was in the show. In the episode where Rook meets her sister there's an instrumental that may be the Minmei version to The Way To Love. The vocal version is playing in the background when Jack Baker is taking his test. Most of the Sentinels/Movie soundtrack still hasn't been released. The French and Argentina soundtracks had songs that weren't in American releases. There are alternate mixes and extended mixes of the Robotech The Movie songs, Shining On Top Of A Star by Randall Rumage, and Sentinels music such as the Sentinels Main Title and the extended version of it that can be heard on Youtube by searching for MegazoneTwoThree. Instrumental versions of some of Minmei's and all of Yellow Dancer's songs still haven't been released. There are also demos for those songs. There may be unreleased material like prototype Main Titles (they chose Minucci's), unused Robotech and Robotech II music, and music that ended up in other Harmony Gold titles. They may be alternate versions of songs in the show that would be Robotech related.

If only shows like Masters of the Universe, M.A.S.K., Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Pole Position, or The Littles, just as examples, even got one CD.

Just got a good laugh on facebook, at the Robotech page. It seems now that RT fans are claiming that Macross Fans are mecha based while RT are story based. This is getting more amusing the more I look into it.

they seem to be using it like a big self promotion page. A page to show how little they do.

And for a CD to release unknown songs from a series done over 25 years ago would only sell well if it still had the big fandom. I wouldn't buy it. As they say there is a reason why those songs/music was not realeased. I guess the few thousand fans they have will buy it. Before it becomes a torrant. And they will claim it a big success to the only people who actually visit there page.

HG is slowly destroying what is left of RT because of lack or any real action. They have to do a reboot for it survive and it has to be all there's no re-dubbing and rewriting of stuff that has come before. Mind you so many of us has already said this.

i also think the new stuff is to try and sell all the Mosepade toys that they have left. I know that you can get the MP Betas at BigBadToystore for about %50 of normal cost, so they aren't selling that well.

I quit my jaberring...

Letting the music rot and not releasing it is a stupid idea and it's what they've been doing so far. Popularity has nothing to do with it and neither does Macross or their current business practices. It's a product of their music division from when it existed.

Just got a good laugh on facebook, at the Robotech page. It seems now that RT fans are claiming that Macross Fans are mecha based while RT are story based. This is getting more amusing the more I look into it.

they seem to be using it like a big self promotion page. A page to show how little they do.

That's pretty ignorant of those people that are claiming that, and really only proves they don't have a damn clue about what they're talking about. Their ass-umption just made the "ass" out of them. Especially, in light of the fact that Macross has a much more in depth back story than Robotech. That's not even a matter of opinion. I'm not saying that this is a criticism against Robotech, cause it isn't, but if you look at canon details, history, and story, Macross spans pre space war I, Space War I, back story on colonization, valkyrie development of the YF-19 and 21, Planet Eden, Macross 7 fleet war against the Protodeviln, Macross 7 Trash, the the journey of Macross Frontier, and the valkyrie races from Macross The Ride. That's not even really going into data info provided in Macross Chronicles that gives further info, and fills in a lot of detail in between. Now, taking all that in, if someone is gonna make a dumbass commen like "Macross Fans are all mecha based", then you have a simply ignorant person, or people to make that statement.

That's pretty ignorant of those people that are claiming that, and really only proves they don't have a damn clue about what they're talking about. Their ass-umption just made the "ass" out of them. Especially, in light of the fact that Macross has a much more in depth back story than Robotech. That's not even a matter of opinion. I'm not saying that this is a criticism against Robotech, cause it isn't, but if you look at canon details, history, and story, Macross spans pre space war I, Space War I, back story on colonization, valkyrie development of the YF-19 and 21, Planet Eden, Macross 7 fleet war against the Protodeviln, Macross 7 Trash, the the journey of Macross Frontier, and the valkyrie races from Macross The Ride. That's not even really going into data info provided in Macross Chronicles that gives further info, and fills in a lot of detail in between. Now, taking all that in, if someone is gonna make a dumbass commen like "Macross Fans are all mecha based", then you have a simply ignorant person, or people to make that statement.

Yeah but come on Jason, we know that they'll say that Robotech is better because Protoculture is a fuel and not some godly alien race...and that Zor is a much better protaganist then the Vajra could ever hope for...oh yeah and that Veritech is a much cooler name to have when compared to Valkrie. :wacko:

What possible examples did they use to support that argument????

Of course they're going to say that Macross is a mecha fan show... they haven't had an original mecha design that got anywhere past "concept design" phase and they're still recycling decades old designs even on their "original" material. What else are they going to say?

Yeah but come on Jason, we know that they'll say that Robotech is better because Protoculture is a fuel and not some godly alien race...and that Zor is a much better protaganist then the Vajra could ever hope for...oh yeah and that Veritech is a much cooler name to have when compared to Valkrie. :wacko:

What possible examples did they use to support that argument????

Yeah, it's basically a bunch of people trying to validate their fandom by trying to put the foundations of said franchise down. It's a very passive/aggressive trait, but that's another lesson I guess. Most people don't need to validate their fandom in this manner, not that it validates it anyways. If you're a fan, cool. But when you start going to those lengths, it's like they wanna show themselves as an idiot to prove their fandom. It's a big "WHATEVER" for me. If you wanna be a fan, be a fan. I wonder if these people even know that they're doing more damage to their franchise and fandom, than helping?

P.S. do you have the official link for it so others can see the posts?

Edited by Jasonc

If only shows like Masters of the Universe, M.A.S.K., Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Pole Position, or The Littles, just as examples, even got one CD.

This is true.

Harmony Gold understands way audience way more than we dare to comprehend. They are beyond hardcore it's not even funny. What audience would dedicate its time talking about the scientific properties of the BS that is protoculture, or write a multiple thesis on the (non)existence of the SDF-2? Anybody want to discuss how canned goods were able to last during the Mospeada/NewGen segment?

The soundtrack will definitely appeal to all the completionist fanboys out there. I'm just amused at the whole "we found this stuff lying around!" deal.

What won't they find, I wonder? :(

Their ass-umption just made the "ass" out of them. Especially, in light of the fact that Macross has a much more in depth back story than Robo-tech. That's not even a matter of opinion.

By more depth, do these wackos mean having almost all of your entire continuity brought by an overbearing narrator's voice and pretty much dreamt up by a bunch of overeager fanboys in the 90's filling in the gaps?

I think both show have their own storytelling style. Macross has a character driven plot that focus on the characters and their personal relationships with each other. On the other hand, Robotech is more story driven, which focus on the big picture (the large overarching storyline).

Edited by Moly_Sigang

I think both show have their own storytelling style. Macross has a character driven plot that focus on the characters and their personal relationships with each other. On the other hand, Robotech is more story driven, which focus on the big picture (the large overarching storyline).

RT's overarching storyline is something that came about because of neccessity, really. With the jamming-together of three unrelated anime series, there had to be a lot of effort expended in the storyline, just to make it make sense (Debateable, since a lot of people still think it doesn't make sense at all).

For me, it just smacks of the slap-hazard way in which RT was put together in the first place, and the continual re-writing of the continuity to make newer additions fit, and make older parts fit the newer continuity.

(Does that make sense? ;) )

On the other hand, Robotech is more story driven, which focus on the big picture (the large overarching storyline).

Are they ever going to resolve that storyline(s) within our lifetime? It only had an ending in the novels. But now that HG doesn't recognize it (beyond $$$, and now available in ebook form, btw) and the continuation/conclusion of the Shadow Saga hasn't gone anywhere (5 years going), where is the story driving towards these days? Off a cliff?

Edited by Einherjar

Finally got banned from the robotech.com but it was due to the way I backed up negative fans on the Robotech Facebook page (they even removed my posts after those same negative fans "like" my comment). It's actually a great feeling to be banned as I view the act simply confirming all the posts I've made over the past couple years. The only thing negative thing is that I never have the chance to make Kevin look like a bratty child again. Thanks for the win Kev! :D

Are they ever going to resolve that storyline(s) within our lifetime? It only had an ending in the novels. But now that HG doesn't recognize it (beyond $$$, and now available in ebook form, btw) and the continuation/conclusion of the Shadow Saga hasn't gone anywhere (5 years going), where is the story driving towards these days? Off a cliff?

Since HG won't be bothering SR until WB does something with the RTLAM, so i guess that storyline will be in 'indefinite hiatus' (no not Mckeever 'hiatus'). For now, all Robotech fans have is Tommy Yune's sidquels. (notice the 's' in sidequel? Yes, cause we'll definitely gonna see more of this until nothing is resolved)

Congrats, man. :lol: There's a cliché for moments such as this, but I'd rather not use it. Suffice to say, well done!

Still, why did it take you so long to confirm that Kevin "Give me hatemail cuz' I'm a racist bastard with delusions of grandeur" McKeever is an a$$hole?

Smegalot says music has to be new and it has to be popular, and chrisk says people who want it are fanboy completists, all because Harmony Gold are involved. Is that what you guys think this thread is, a Harmony Gold hating bandwagon, an opposing cult to the one on robotech.com?

Edited by Legioss

Smegalot says music has to be new and it has to be popular, and chrisk says people who want it are fanboy completists, all because Harmony Gold are involved.

I don't necessarily agree with Smeagalot on this one. The soundtrack is a curiosity if that is your sort of thing. If you like it, nobody is telling you not to buy it. Apologies if you find the term "fanboy completionist" offensive.

Is that what you guys think this thread is, a Harmony Gold hating bandwagon, an opposing cult to the one on robotech.com?

I suppose we are at that point in this thread again. Harmony Gold gets us so worked up sometimes. :angry:

Edited by chrisk