HG and Robotech Debates

Hey guys and gals, it seems Harmony Gold finally kicked out McKeever after reading that rant. I saw a very ad a day later. Very interesting...

HARMONY GOLD IS NOW HIRING:

MARKETING COORDINATOR/PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER

Desired Attributes:

- must be Glenn Beck devotee

- must have large ego

- rude to complaining customers

- must have history of trolling internet forums

- must relish in receiving hatemail from fanbase

- must be New Gen/Mospeada fan

Qualifications seem pretty tough, not sure if they can find a replacement on time. Hope things go well for the company. Best of luck to McKeever on his future endeavors.

Edited by chrisk

Is it wrong that I hope they crash and burn after this clusterfuc#? :lol:

WHAT IS THIS CLUSTERFUC% YOU SPEAK OF?

PLEASE CITE EVIDENCE THAT ROBOTECH IS A CLUSTERFUC*.

I WANT EVIDENCE OF THIS. PROVIDE A URL OR ARTICLE TO SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT

YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO MAKE ROBOTECH SUPER AWESOME. STOP WHINGING. STOP IT. FANS ARE SO ENTITLED NOW. STUPID STUPID

PLEASE DON'T CALL PEOPLE NAMES BECAUSE IT INVALIDATES YOUR ARGUMENT AND YOU ARE IMMATURE AND YOU MAKE ME EVER MORE AWESOME.

MCKEEVER IS VERY NICE IN PERSON SO IS TOMMY THEY HAVE BEEN VERY FORTHCOMING YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT

PLEASE CITE EVIDENCE ARYYAAHRRAKFAJKLFSAJL; I EAT PUPPIES FOR BREAKFAST

Ssssssh! McKeever might be reading this! He wants to see if the guy who posted that rant is going here and talking about it! Apparently to McKeever and the rest of the Robotech.com regulars, it will invalidate the complaint and make the complainant look like a troll!

Because you know... Macrossworld = WE HATE ROBOTECH YAAAAAARHGHHHH WE ARE SO HIGH AND MIGHTY

YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO MAKE ROBOTECH SUPER AWESOME. STOP WHINGING. STOP IT. FANS ARE SO ENTITLED NOW. STUPID STUPID

PLEASE DON'T CALL PEOPLE NAMES BECAUSE IT INVALIDATES YOUR ARGUMENT AND YOU ARE IMMATURE AND YOU MAKE ME EVER MORE AWESOME.

MCKEEVER IS VERY NICE IN PERSON SO IS TOMMY THEY HAVE BEEN VERY FORTHCOMING YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT

Yeah that was pretty interesting. I guess robo-tech is a language I can no longer understand.

Can we officially cite Robotech as having the "worst fandom ever" ? And yes, I'm including the fanboy's who infiltrated HG.

Hm... I'll second that emotion. If they're not the worst fandom ever, they're certainly in the running for it.

Ssssssh! McKeever might be reading this! He wants to see if the guy who posted that rant is going here and talking about it! Apparently to McKeever and the rest of the Robotech.com regulars, it will invalidate the complaint and make the complainant look like a troll!

Because you know... Macrossworld = WE HATE ROBOTECH YAAAAAARHGHHHH WE ARE SO HIGH AND MIGHTY

He's probably still bitter about being banned from here years ago.

Yeah that was pretty interesting. I guess robo-tech is a language I can no longer understand.

Welcome to the club... I'm amazed you even bothered to try a reasoned appeal. Harmony Gold isn't exactly known for listening to its fans.

Welcome to the club... I'm amazed you even bothered to try a reasoned appeal. Harmony Gold isn't exactly known for listening to its fans.

He made some valid points, but tying it into this whole Mckeever crap was where he went wrong.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Hm... I'll second that emotion. If they're not the worst fandom ever, they're certainly in the running for it.

He's probably still bitter about being banned from here years ago.

Thanks Seto. You know, I actually was hoping that a civil approach would clear the way for a moderate conversation on my issue with Kev. I didnt like the way he spoke to me, or anyone else for that matter. I'm sorry but I am pretty sure if Kev saw me in the street he would'nt be running off with the mouth as he does on message boards. But it's his website and Robo-Tech "Yes Sir" minions are his sword and shield. All I have are empty hands and a pocket full of cash that will probably never spend another dime on a Robo-Tech endorsed product.

He made some valid points, but tying it into this whole Mckeever crap was where he went wrong.

Dude, Your a Redsox fan. No wonder. I cant communicate rationally with you! LOL! As far as McKeever is concerned, again, I didn't care for the way he spoek to me or anyone else in that thread. I spoke up about it and that was it. I was asked about other aspects by Memo, and the rest is blah, blah, blah.

post-12515-0-56545100-1300882277_thumb.jpg

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

hmmmm How do I respond to that.... so many choices

A-rod kissing himself

Clemens crouching behind Jeter questionably

the 5 year old redsox fan giving the finger

Cartman in a redsox unform giving his opinion of the yankees

the "yankees suck shirt in japanese

the burning yankees cap

hmmmmmm......

seriously though I'm nowhere near as bad as others both in sports and this stuff. ;)

hmmmm How do I respond to that.... so many choices

A-rod kissing himself

Clemens crouching behind Jeter questionably

the 5 year old redsox fan giving the finger

Cartman in a redsox unform giving his opinion of the yankees

the "yankees suck shirt in japanese

the burning yankees cap

hmmmmmm......

seriously though I'm nowhere near as bad as others both in sports and this stuff. ;)

HA! You're probably not even a real Boston fan. Your probably more of a PawSox fan, LOL. BTW, what's the story with Yokulis at third? He looks so out of place there.

HA! You're probably not even a real Boston fan. Your probably more of a PawSox fan, LOL. BTW, what's the story with Yokulis at third? He looks so out of place there.

Youk's at third? First I've heard it, then again I don't pay much attention to spring training or baseball for that matter untill the hockey season is over with. Hockey will always be my number one.

Oh I love this from the MEMS....

YOU STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO PROVE UNPROFESSIONAL OTHER THAN JUST WANTING SOMETHING YOU CAN'T GET.

Don't they have literacy programs in California so the poor brother can read the thread where all this started? Guess it's not in the budget.

YOU WANT TO PERSONALLY ATTACK HG OR THE STAFF OR IT'S AFFILIATES YOU WILL GET A BAN. ONE ALREADY GOT A WARNING AND CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED AS WELL.

Well it's confirmed now more than ever...questioning the Holy Grail....uhh I mean the Harmony Gold....even in a logical and civil manner like black did....BUH BYE...

Funny how Kevin didn't step in first...MEMS must REALLY want that job.....keep on trucking "LITTLE TROOPER"....HEHEHE...

Oh I love this from the MEMS....

Don't they have literacy programs in California so the poor brother can read the thread where all this started? Guess it's not in the budget.

Well it's confirmed now more than ever...questioning the Holy Grail....uhh I mean the Harmony Gold....even in a logical and civil manner like black did....BUH BYE...

Funny how Kevin didn't step in first...MEMS must REALLY want that job.....keep on trucking "LITTLE TROOPER"....HEHEHE...

Yeah, I'm still wondering if I should let that last one slide.

Really, how do you talk about the general lack of news about new Robotech productions and how pointless it is to make all of the promotional materials convention-exclusive without involving McKeever and his inevitably childish and unprofessional behavior. I honestly don't see how it can be done, since he's the mook in charge of marketing for Robotech.

Thanks Seto. You know, I actually was hoping that a civil approach would clear the way for a moderate conversation on my issue with Kev. I didnt like the way he spoke to me, or anyone else for that matter. I'm sorry but I am pretty sure if Kev saw me in the street he would'nt be running off with the mouth as he does on message boards. But it's his website and Robo-Tech "Yes Sir" minions are his sword and shield. All I have are empty hands and a pocket full of cash that will probably never spend another dime on a Robo-Tech endorsed product.

I'm not sure whether I should admire your optimism or pity you for your naivete here dude... you ought to know from long experience that there was no way you were going to get anything like a rational and mature discussion of the issue from those people. It's just not how they do things, and it hasn't been for a very long time. For McKeever, it's easier by far to pretend that the fans who are vocal about their concerns and complaints are just troublemakers trying to troll a perfect system. Honestly though, I don't think McKeever would be sharp enough to know that badmouthing people in person is a bad idea... sure, he's an internet tough guy who likes his ability to smite anyone who disagrees with his views, but he's not that quick on the uptake either.

In the end, you're really better off taking your disposable income and your business elsewhere.

From what I've heard, MEMO's perfectly literate in person... he just types like a loon because he's lazy. I admit, I still have trouble believing it, but I kinda have to take people who've met him at their word on this one.:lol:

Yeah, I'm still wondering if I should let that last one slide.

I would if I were you. There's nothing to be gained by continuing this farce with MEMO and McKeever, except that they might feel they won a bigger victory if you made more of a fuss beforehand. Better to just ignore them and let them enjoy the Robotech franchise's slow slide into oblivion together.

Really, how do you talk about the general lack of news about new Robotech productions and how pointless it is to make all of the promotional materials convention-exclusive without involving McKeever and his inevitably childish and unprofessional behavior. I honestly don't see how it can be done, since he's the mook in charge of marketing for Robotech.

I'm not sure whether I should admire your optimism or pity you for your naivete here dude... you ought to know from long experience that there was no way you were going to get anything like a rational and mature discussion of the issue from those people. It's just not how they do things, and it hasn't been for a very long time. For McKeever, it's easier by far to pretend that the fans who are vocal about their concerns and complaints are just troublemakers trying to troll a perfect system. Honestly though, I don't think McKeever would be sharp enough to know that badmouthing people in person is a bad idea... sure, he's an internet tough guy who likes his ability to smite anyone who disagrees with his views, but he's not that quick on the uptake either.

In the end, you're really better off taking your disposable income and your business elsewhere.

From what I've heard, MEMO's perfectly literate in person... he just types like a loon because he's lazy. I admit, I still have trouble believing it, but I kinda have to take people who've met him at their word on this one.:lol:

I would if I were you. There's nothing to be gained by continuing this farce with MEMO and McKeever, except that they might feel they won a bigger victory if you made more of a fuss beforehand. Better to just ignore them and let them enjoy the Robotech franchise's slow slide into oblivion together.

You're right, it's not worth the effort. Memo and McKeever can engorge on Robo-Tech together.

Dude, you are building a great resume there, for the next Marketing Coordinator position. Your verbage is pretty spot on.

For a long time, even before me leaving the rt.com wagon, I stopped caring caring what the outcome of all this crap came to. Basically, you have a group within the fandom, that feel they know everything there is to know about how the "business" of Hollywood works, just because they believe they have a tangible position, or some notary. Then you have a wannabe marketing coordinator, who, for all intent and purposes, knows absolutely nothing about the job he's doing. That's why they're stuck only doing conventions. I wonder if they've heard of "preaching to the choir"? That's basically all the convention tour does, save for a handful of newcomers here and there. Then, said marketing coordinator comes off like a frantic moron when confronted with a growing amount of questions, and proof of discrepancies from his quotes. If they choose to drive away fans, that's not my concern. It shouldn't really be any rational person's thinking as well. Doesn't seem like anybody with real and valid concerns are welcome, and they're not gonna listen to anyone, no matter how right or wrong the idea and rationale is. My time spent commenting on this stuff is to simply call it out, and to have fun at their expense, and it seems they have deep pockets when it comes to idiotic comments and actions. It makes this all good and fun.

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why I owe Steve Yun an apology for discussing possible (legitimate) routes their new sideproject could take story wise. I guess giving HG original idea's about how to continue a story is against their TOS too :) I even used "MEMO-SPEAK", you just can't win with those guys.

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why I owe Steve Yun an apology for discussing possible (legitimate) routes their new sideproject could take story wise. I guess giving HG original idea's about how to continue a story is against their TOS too :) I even used "MEMO-SPEAK", you just can't win with those guys.

Probably just means they're butt-hurt little angry tools. I'm sure they don't appreciate their own words and facts being thrust upon them, especially when they are wrong, or have no real comeback. It's probably also a way of making them feel like they're "in-charge" or superior by having someone apologize, and gives them a (false) sense of being in the right. I know it's been talked about before, but how many staff members of companies and franchises take this crap so personally, and get so wrapped up into criticism, that they start to go down the unprofessional path?

You're right, it's not worth the effort. Memo and McKeever can engorge on Robo-Tech together.

Exactly. Continuing to belabor the point will only make them feel gratified when they finally drop the banhammer on you for "heresy", so the best thing you can do is to rob them of their fun by refusing to rise to their bait. Robotech isn't worth it, and it never will be.

Trying to get any information from HG is a losing battle.........not worth the frustrations, believe me. Censorship sucks the big one, which is why unaffiliated HG websites like mine exists. Ta-da!

Shameless plug is shameless. :D

Because the truth hurts, and Steve and Tommy's feelings are particularly delicate.

Probably just means they're butt-hurt little angry tools. I'm sure they don't appreciate their own words and facts being thrust upon them, especially when they are wrong, or have no real comeback. It's probably also a way of making them feel like they're "in-charge" or superior by having someone apologize, and gives them a (false) sense of being in the right.

Robotech's creative process being what it is, it's the only way they have to feel like they're in charge and in the right. Kinda hard to take pride in being a leech, subsisting for decades by clinging to the coattails of Macross's creators.

Next they will be saying that Starship Troopers was a rip off from Robotech...(Completely forget that it is from Enders Game)

Er.... no. Starship Troopers is from Starship Troopers. Ender's Game is a few decades later.

Er.... no. Starship Troopers is from Starship Troopers. Ender's Game is a few decades later.

Actually Starship troopers was based on Enders Game universe which was written decades ago, and one of the first sci-fi novels that I read.

Get your facts straight. I know that marvel did an adaption of it recently............ But check into stuff first

Edited by Smegalot

Actually Starship troopers was based on Enders Game which was written decades ago, and one of the first sci-fi novels that I read.

Get your facts straight. I know that marvel did an adaption of it recently............ But check into stuff first

Wait...are you being serious or sarcastic? I can't tell.

Actually Starship troopers was based on Enders Game universe which was written decades ago, and one of the first sci-fi novels that I read.

wait, what? :o

did you really just wrote that in all seriousness?

:wacko:

weither I am serious or not is up to you to find out. But if you actually read the novel it would be up to you to judge........

I guess you're really that serious, eh?

sometimes, tho, it does help to check authors and publication dates of stuff to avoid inducing facepalm moments... ^_^

anyway, back to the RT comedy-thread. :lol:

I have a quick question. What are the chances of a US release of Macross Plus and Macross II on blu-ray? I mean we have the dvds here already so wouldn't that make the blu-rays a given?

This is more of a marketing and technical issue than a licensing issue. Right now, there isn't a real push to get older titles out on Blu-Ray. Upscaling the video for HD might make it look worst unless you want to spend money on clean-up. It may eventually come out on Blu-ray but as I said, there's no real push to do so.

When is Harmony Gold going to go bankrupt? I mean, they can't possibly be making money anymore. Maybe we at MW could buy them out and donate the rights back to Big West with the understanding that they have to start marketing and releasing in North America :blink: (hey, a man has gotta have a dream).

Really though, how does Harmony Gold still have money?

Do people really buy enough Robotech merchandise to keep them going? I just can't believe it.

This is more of a marketing and technical issue than a licensing issue. Right now, there isn't a real push to get older titles out on Blu-Ray. Upscaling the video for HD might make it look worst unless you want to spend money on clean-up. It may eventually come out on Blu-ray but as I said, there's no real push to do so.

In other words, don't get my hopes up. <_<

Macross TV, DYRL, 7 7 would all look good on bluray, BV has done "HD" remasters in Japan, so there is a decent source to upscale from. Macross II still hasn't had a proper remaster yet though.

If it's a matter regarding the masters Manga has in the U.S. though, then there's absolutely no point, since all they have are composite masters, which would look even more craptacular upscaled.