Robin Hood

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will this movie suck?

• Yes
    • No

I Ignore the Nay-sayers, the movie looks awesome,im a sucker for battles and ridley delivers. plus its good to see a robin hood story that hasnt really been touched on in film before,as a archer in the crusades, so im all for it.

I dunno. The idea of dramatizing a figure of folklore and fairytales, trying to make it seem sweeping and epic like the Crusades that were happening at the same time as the Robin Hood story seems silly to me. I mean what's next? An epic, monumentous, action filled, all-star cast in a film about the tooth fairy or maybe the Easter Bunny? I guess we've run out of ideas, for sure...

I dunno. The idea of dramatizing a figure of folklore and fairytales, trying to make it seem sweeping and epic like the Crusades that were happening at the same time as the Robin Hood story seems silly to me. I mean what's next? An epic, monumentous, action filled, all-star cast in a film about the tooth fairy or maybe the Easter Bunny? I guess we've run out of ideas, for sure...

that's pretty much a staple of film making. 10 Commandments, Spartacus, Excalibur, etc etc. It's hardly new

I just saw a trailer for the new Robin Hood film, and noticed that they show a beach invasion with oar-driven Higgins boats. WTF?

Am I suppose to have knowledge of boats? This is Macross World there hasn't been a VF-Diggy yet.

On Mother's Day, my Mom made me promise to take her to see this next weekend (because she's pretty sure none of her friends want to).

So...whether it sucks or not, I guess I'll know for sure by Sunday...

Your mom has very un-lady-like tastes :lol: . A few years back mine asked me to take her to see Dawn of the Dead.

I think he is too old and I feel that it just doesn't do Robin Hood justice. Kind of like Clive Owen's King Arthur. While doing a realistic take on things is great and all, I prefer my myths and legends better. And yes Cary Elwes and Errol Flynn were the best.

Meh. I liked the idea when it was supposed to be "Nottingham" (from the Sheriff's perspective). Once Crowe got attached and it become another Robin Hood movie, I was out. Maybe I'll catch it on Blu-ray.

I guss I'll end up seeing it, and I loved me some Gladiator, but I'm not super excited for it. i cant put my finger on why honestly...

That's because it's pretty much "Gladiator is Robin Hood in The Battle of Troy".

Edited by Vostok 7

Wait a minute, is the dude who played the bad guy in "Men in Tights" the bad guy in this one?

Ah, never mind, it's the bad guy from Princess Bride.

Edited by Keith

"Because, unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent." - Cary Elwes

Geez, did anyone in Hollywood not pay attention to this? BBC did recently, but their version went over the top even for Robin Hood by the end of it.

Edited by Einherjar

If only we knew what you were interested in... :)

Well, I feel that this character has been done to death and really, who cares? Now, if they made Robin Hood to where they modernized it, say he is a veteran of the Iraqi war who comes home to find his "Hood" taken over by the local drug cartel, where they put a hit out on him because he iced one of the cartel's muscle guys for selling bad crack to his sister who died from it, and the Sheriff is taking bribe money to look the other way and is actually using his influence to help the criminals hunt Robin down, and massive death and mayhem occurs, then maybe I'll go see it.

I don't like the concept of Robin Hood. Back in the day, when poor people were being exploited, there was a reason to stick it to the man, but now this message is a bad one. It makes it a crime to be successful.