Robin Hood

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will this movie suck?

• Yes
    • No

I dunno. The idea of dramatizing a figure of folklore and fairytales, trying to make it seem sweeping and epic like the Crusades that were happening at the same time as the Robin Hood story seems silly to me. I mean what's next? An epic, monumentous, action filled, all-star cast in a film about the tooth fairy or maybe the Easter Bunny? I guess we've run out of ideas, for sure...

LOL, you were saying?

tooth_fairy_rock_poster.jpg

<_<

I don't like the concept of Robin Hood. Back in the day, when poor people were being exploited, there was a reason to stick it to the man, but now this message is a bad one. It makes it a crime to be successful.

Of course. We know that sort of thing never happens nowadays... ^_^

Well, I feel that this character has been done to death and really, who cares? Now, if they made Robin Hood to where they modernized it, say he is a veteran of the Iraqi war who comes home to find his "Hood" taken over by the local drug cartel, where they put a hit out on him because he iced one of the cartel's muscle guys for selling bad crack to his sister who died from it, and the Sheriff is taking bribe money to look the other way and is actually using his influence to help the criminals hunt Robin down, and massive death and mayhem occurs, then maybe I'll go see it.

A simple and familiar theme, almost a paint-by-numbers story. Wouldn't be surprised if something like that hasn't been green-lighted or in post production already.

But can't forget--he'd have to rob from the drug dealers and give the money back to the people in the neighborhood to truly fit the popularized Robin-Hood theme. Wonder if a director might want to play around with the moral ambituity of that though, eh?

I don't like the concept of Robin Hood. Back in the day, when poor people were being exploited, there was a reason to stick it to the man, but now this message is a bad one. It makes it a crime to be successful.

Actually from a lot of the reviews I've read this new version plays like a recruitment movie for the Tea Party, so you might like Robin Hood now. ;)

For me Errol Flynn still holds the title belt for best Robin Hood.

QTF! Plus Gilligan's Skipper's dad was Little John. And the entire cast of the Errol Flynn's Robin Hood kicked ass. Basil Rathbone, Claude Raines and Olivia De Haviland. You guys have no idea who these dead fogies are... lol.

You know you've become too rich once you believe that poor people are no longer exploited.

I don't get how this is a prequel when the cast is older than I have ever seen Robin Hood in any other movie.

It's seems funny that for this role Ridley Scott already has the perfect Robin Hood in his acting stable, Leo DiCaprio, not that he would agree to play it, but he got Crowe to do it. And how about a pretty looking Lady Marion, like Emily Blunt or something. Too bad Heath Ledger's gone. He coulda made it work.

Haven't seen it.... just sayin...

The stealing from [all] rich is a figment of the 20s. The roots of the Robin Hood story are in the attempted usurpation of what would end up being a crappy Weak king while the cool king was off on the Third Crusade (more specifically when imprisoned when he got caught by a political enemy on the way back). The "rich" being stolen from were 'evil rich' who were piling on taxes on top of already unpopular taxes raised for th Crusade (Saladin Tithe) adding arbitrary and unjust decisions ("no poaching in the kings forest, who cares if you're starving?")

The original concept would have had an (at least) more sympathetic Sheriff with Robin Hood being a bad guy perhaps, more criminialish element that A1 could have approved of, perhaps.

Actually from a lot of the reviews I've read this new version plays like a recruitment movie for the Tea Party, so you might like Robin Hood now. ;)

:wacko:

Thats just crazy, but you've made me want to see it. My opinion of the Tea Party people is pretty low too BTW. They mostly just draw fire from the media that has just branded them as Klansmen. If they were smart, they would change their game.

Well, I feel that this character has been done to death and really, who cares? Now, if they made Robin Hood to where they modernized it, say he is a veteran of the Iraqi war who comes home to find his "Hood" taken over by the local drug cartel, where they put a hit out on him because he iced one of the cartel's muscle guys for selling bad crack to his sister who died from it, and the Sheriff is taking bribe money to look the other way and is actually using his influence to help the criminals hunt Robin down, and massive death and mayhem occurs, then maybe I'll go see it.

I thought that was the premise for the marine starring John Cena? Either way the movie would star John Cena.

Anyway.. Saw the movie and its ok. Wait for it to come to dvd.

A simple and familiar theme, almost a paint-by-numbers story. Wouldn't be surprised if something like that hasn't been green-lighted or in post production already. But can't forget--he'd have to rob from the drug dealers and give the money back to the people in the neighborhood to truly fit the popularized Robin-Hood theme. Wonder if a director might want to play around with the moral ambituity of that though, eh?

Done already. And Steven Seagal starred it. I can't remember the title of that movie tho', but I'm sure they're dozens of cheap productions with that same theme starred by guys like Michael Dudikoff and Gary Busey out there.

Done already. And Steven Seagal starred it. I can't remember the title of that movie tho', but I'm sure they're dozens of cheap productions with that same theme starred by guys like Michael Dudikoff and Gary Busey out there.

The Rock did it, too. :D

Well I went to go see it. Fell asleep for 15 minutes the first half but got better the second half. I think by then I forgot it was suppose to be Robin Hood and like the ending. The last bit was stupid though. "They surrenderred to HIM!" Why the f... would they surrender to some guy making out on the beach? Because they're French? "Haw Haw Haw... How does hee make love at a time like thees? The English! They are such animals! Turn the ships around!"

Russell Crowe is a better at this type of movie than Kevin Costner but they both don't really seem to fit the role. Like I said, this movie works as a medieval action adventure, and I know it's suppose to be the pre-adventures of Robin Hood but it's not a Robin Hood movie. Like LSB said before no one has come close to Errol Flynn's Robin Hood, Cary Elwes could've but the whole movie was a parody so, obviously it can't be taken seriously. Hell... Cary Elwes as the Dread Pirate Robert is a better Robin Hood than Russel Crowe.