Official Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S TV Version

Macross World Daddy

Jeeze, I just checked out that site. It's crazy expensive. Angloz, overdrive, amiami, and hlj alway seem to have some good deals, but that place was preicy across the board.

Well, I think it comes to about the same, considering it's local (if you're in the US).

Well, I think it comes to about the same, considering it's local (if you're in the US).

Exactly, buying from a Hong Kong site with shipping included was more expensive then tisinc99, for only this situation really everything else is overpriced on their site.

gotcha. I'm in canada so stuff coming from he US has shipping as well as duty.

And I never seem to pay duty from HLJ (where I just got a 1/60 vf-1a for like $75 total)

gotcha. I'm in canada so stuff coming from he US has shipping as well as duty.

And I never seem to pay duty from HLJ (where I just got a 1/60 vf-1a for like $75 total)

Which VF did you buy pondo?

Was that the CF or the Max TV version?

Which VF did you buy pondo?

Was that the CF or the Max TV version?

the max tv version. It's beautiful.

Okay, I just looked. After shipping and exchange, it came to $82 canadian. That's a crazy deal. If only Kakazaki would come down a bit.

All I've wanted is a vermillion squad.

But unfortunately, I accidentally bought a V1 hikaru off of e-bay and my roy is a broken shoulder special. (I've never been able to transform either)

the max tv version. It's beautiful.

Okay, I just looked. After shipping and exchange, it came to $82 canadian. That's a crazy deal. If only Kakazaki would come down a bit.

All I've wanted is a vermillion squad.

But unfortunately, I accidentally bought a V1 hikaru off of e-bay and my roy is a broken shoulder special. (I've never been able to transform either)

That was $75 US after shipping right???

Oh man I think I'm gonna get yelled at, again!!! :lol:

The only problem is take the asschewing now or later?? :unsure:

I have to sell some toys but the hard part is which ones. . . :lol:

That was $75 US after shipping right???

Oh man I think I'm gonna get yelled at, again!!! :lol:

The only problem is take the asschewing now or later?? :unsure:

I have to sell some toys but the hard part is which ones. . . :lol:

no..total after shipping was $82. Still a great deal.

They seem to be on deal rotation...and I'm watching like a hawk. There was also a deal for a vf-1j hikaru but I'm waiting 'til they have better shoulders and crotches.

Angloz has a 1/48 vf-1j for $97 which is a pretty good deal, too.

Anyway...back to the topic.

I WANT A TV ROY!!!

$82 Canadian = $80 USA.

Not quite $75 dollars but I think that was what he was getting at.

Yessir that's it in a nutshell but thanks to you both for the info.

Now if I can get back home from OTR and place the order, this will make a great Father's Day gift. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Why is there no love from Yamato when it comes to the VF-1S tv version. I was going through my 1/48 and 1/60 (versions 1 and 2) Valk's and noticed that all VF-1S versions are DYRL movie versions. Why is there not 1 tv version? I guess the no paint version kind of counts but seriously........why is this?

Apparently someone was listening...

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00195

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00196

edit: apologies. didn't see similar was posted to the middle of this thread. :wacko:

Edited by Cache

I ordered mine of AmiAmi, helluva lot cheaper than HLJ and OD. Haven't checked Hobby Search, I'll probably order something from them next. I finally had a reason to open a Paypal account. Haha. Can't wait to get it. I just ordered the regular one. It seems to me like both come with Roy after reading HLJ's description. I just have to order some TV version FAST Packs and take Hikaru out of the 1J to make it post-Focker.

Well I got news for you all I noticed it on HLJ after lookaing the new look on their sight and started looking the Yamato page and notice this VF-1S TV Roy and VF-1S TV super Valkyrie I also notice they discontued the Vf-1J Max and I was thinkg of getting it. --- Ah crap after look futher into this thread I just noticed someone already posted this news. thanks alot Shawn for have the site down for maintenence.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

No tint in the canopy? How consistent is that??... The VF-1D is from the TV and it has tint. :angry:

Anyway, OT: is the VF-1J Hikaru with Armor, TV Version? Thanks.

No tint in the canopy? How consistent is that??... The VF-1D is from the TV and it has tint. :angry:

Anyway, OT: is the VF-1J Hikaru with Armor, TV Version? Thanks.

The canopy is actually a layer of coating which tend to peel off with high disposed rate in manufacturing line too. Yamato has dropped the idea of giving that rainbow coating.

They should somehow tint the canopy in light brown or orange like the old chunky monkey though instead of giving it clear.

Dammit, HLJ just stopped all preorders for the TV VF-1S's, at the SAME day I decided to preorder the Roy! <_<

Praying they'll have enough stock for a backorder once the first batch arrives.

sorry about that :D

Okay you guys here's a question, cause no one has answered it for me so far. Been looking high and low, but I can't find movie color Strike/Super Parts. I probably wouldn't mind getting TV but I already got 2 sets on my movie version valks, I don't wanna switch color schemes honestly.

Anyone got any places available? or willing to sell theirs?

I'd like to know the same thing, HLJ has the strike parts set listed as discontinued :blink:, and I still want a second set. Did they just stop making them?? Do I need to get an anniversary Hikaru 1S to get a second strike pack? I really wasn't planning on it..

sorry about that :D

Heheh, it's open for pre-order again; my fingers worked faster than my brain, clicking on the "preorder this" button before my mind could even register the thought. :lol:

It was partially my fault for delaying the preorder, hoping for a future clearance sale. The "preorder stopped" status was a major wake-up call that there's little chance this baby's ever going to last long enough for a sale to happen.

Not sure if any thread mentioned this before but what's the difference between the TV and the DYRL of the VF-1S Focker?

AFAIK, the "arrows" painted on the TV version's head are black instead of yellow, and of course, the Roy pilot is colored and sculpted in TV style. I recall reading somewhere about the numbers one the nosecone being different, too.