Yamato 1/60 Ghost X-9

UN Spacy

even stuff from Macross II? :blink:

A VF-2SS is in my top 3 most-wanted, along with the VF-4 and VF-0D.

I don't want endless repaints of the VF-1, I want many different fighters from the various series, even crazy stuff like a variable Glaug.

If the X-9 had some sort of battroid or gerwalk mode I'd be much more likely to be interested.

• 1 year later...

...Yamato can make the VF-11 drone.

I was thinking the same thing! They should just do it à la 1/60 VF-X, and do a simple repaint and augment the rest with a unique part. The VF-11 Unmanned Target Fighter would, essentially, be a 1/60 VF-11B Super Thunderbolt with a slightly retooled nose and Super Part system, smaller canards, and a replacement canopy. Even without the retool, I'd be happy with a simple canopy replacement. The canards would be tricky too, since they're in a slightly altered location in the Target Fighter, but I could live with it either way. Add a whole lot of orange and call it a day.

Edited by Old Man

Son of a B!tch! I thought they had announced this when I saw the title. It's the one piece I think they should make for Mac plus to extend the line just a bit. I have all the other Mac plus 1/60's, and would love to add an enemy to that part of my collection.

You sir, are going to hell for making me so excited then so let down with in 5 seconds of clicking on this thread. :p

Yamato - Here's an idea: Macross Plus Essentials

1 - Ghost X-9

1 - Test Drone

1 - Sharon Apple in her physical box form in proper scale

1 or all 4 - Sharon Apple in her Virtual form (a half cut version of

her to put in front of Isamu would be awesome too)

2 - Rocket Boosters for the VF-11B during the YF-21 test flight

1 - Arm Cannon for the YF-19 during it's weapons test

Can Yamato milk these molds? - No, but I'm pretty sure any one who owns any of the Macross Plus valks would definitely buy into this. I think that is a number worth investing. Wishful thinking but anything is possible. I'm willing to pay around 100-150 for it. If this happens I'll donate my left nut or even my "double nuts" ;)

Yamato - Here's an idea: Macross Plus Essentials

1 - Ghost X-9

1 - Test Drone

1 - Sharon Apple in her physical box form in proper scale

1 or all 4 - Sharon Apple in her Virtual form (a half cut version of

her to put in front of Isamu would be awesome too)

2 - Rocket Boosters for the VF-11B during the YF-21 test flight

1 - Arm Cannon for the YF-19 during it's weapons test

Can Yamato milk these molds? - No, but I'm pretty sure any one who owns any of the Macross Plus valks would definitely buy into this. I think that is a number worth investing. Wishful thinking but anything is possible. I'm willing to pay around 100-150 for it. If this happens I'll donate my left nut or even my "double nuts" ;)

Awesome Idea. Even just a ghost with the arm cannon would be great.

They could do a line of Ghosts. Maybe 2 or 3 packs of the ghosts from different eras (SDF:M, M+ ). Ghost V-9's from MacF would be nice, but they don't have that license, obviously.

I'd buy a ghost X-9.

The X-9 is much nicer to look at than the Macross Zero Ghost and they made that so why not the X-9 ?

Obvious answer is obvious, but probably because Zero's ghosts attach to Valks like super packs. Everyone who has a VF-0 wants the ghost to fully load their fighter.

Obvious answer is obvious, but probably because Zero's ghosts attach to Valks like super packs. Everyone who has a VF-0 wants the ghost to fully load their fighter.

Sure, just like everyone who collects the macross plus valks would want an x-9 to complete their collection.

Of course not EVERY mac plus collector would buy one but im sure the the attachment rates for ghost boosters wasnt 1:1 for vf-0 owners either.

The point is that its something that people would buy that dosnt seem complicated to manufacture for a company like yamato - so why not do it?

Sure, just like everyone who collects the macross plus valks would want an x-9 to complete their collection.

Of course not EVERY mac plus collector would buy one but im sure the the attachment rates for ghost boosters wasnt 1:1 for vf-0 owners either.

The point is that its something that people would buy that dosnt seem complicated to manufacture for a company like yamato - so why not do it?

I'm sure it wasn't 1:1 either, but neither were the super parts or GPB for the VF-1. And think about how fewer their sales would be if they were some kind of stand alone objects instead of accessories to enhance the VF-1. What I was trying to say was I don't think very many people would be interested in Mac Zero ghosts if they didn't attach to VF-0s like fast packs.

Granted, the X-9 is a hell of a lot more popular than the ghosts from Zero. I'm not disagreeing that it would be cool to have in 1/60. I think it would be awesome. I'm just saying...you asked "why not" make the X-9 since it's nicer looking than the Zero Ghost, and I'm providing the most obvious answer.