Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

Anyone who owns a VF-11C ....I don,t know if this has been asked before-

*is there fixed posed hands?

*what are the shoulders like?

Thanx. ^_^

I,m lovin, this, murdering my wallet this wk for a VF-11C ,hope a max follows!!!

No fixed pose hands.

The shoulders are solid and seem to be an excellent design.

Now go buy one! :lol:

bxvf11.jpg

Yamato VF-11C

prevvf11c02.jpg

prevvf11c03.jpg

prevvf11c04.jpg

prevvf11c05.jpg

I like this toy.

Too bad it got damaged the 1st time I transformed it. I demanded for a replacement or service but I was redirected to a shop that specialized in fixing toys. My initial quote was 80 SGD for a fix. A parts replacement would cost 100+ SGD excluding shipping. I said screw that!

WEWE COLLECTION

Edited by wewe

Here's the damage and how I fixed it.

The Problem

fix1u.jpg

Locking tab easily broke on the 1st transformation. My hunch. Because the flashing on the plastic was not trimmed properly, there was excess tension on the tab causing it to lock tighter. With the plastic being brittle, it easily broke off during release. Note that this tab is molded on the fuselage which is the most important part of the toy. To replace the part requires disassembling the main body of the figure.

fix2.jpg

fix3.jpg

The consequence of that small locking tab breaking off is a nosecone that easily bends on the slightest push.

The Fix.

fix4.jpg

I used grade A non fast drying industrial steel epoxy for the job. I initially roughen the part where I applied the epoxy. I had the epoxy shaped to resemble the broken-off tab.

fix5.jpg

After 24 hours, I trimmed excess epoxy to accurately replicate the original tab's proportions.

fix6l.jpg

It locks perfectly, securing the nosecone.

The "Fix" was a success. The epoxy holds well and feels more resilient than the plastic.

I've sent these over to multiple forums, to the retailer, the referred toy fix shop and Yamato's office in Hongkong.

I have 4 Yamato 1/60 Valks. I know how to handle these toys.

I like Yamato's efforts. Hope this serves as a warning on how to handle the toy.

WEWE COLLECTION

One nitpick. The packaging shows a rainbow tinted windshield. The actual product does not. :angry:

the rainbow coating sucked so Yamato stopped using it. (seriously, it flakes off easily and apparently it was really hard to apply at the factory.) Nobody really misses it.

Glad to know that tab is fixable, that's been my one major concern with the VF-11. That tab holds literally everything together, both in battroid and fighter, and losing that means the whole thing would be a froppy mess.

Every time I lock the back in battroid or pull the nose down, I worry this tab is just gonna snap.

@Cent & Chronocidal: Thanks. So far it's holding well. I'm Happy now. I'm still waiting on a reply from my retailer about Yamato providing replacement parts. Might as well get them while this version is in stock.

@anime52k8: Yeah. You're right about that. Read reports about it. I still like the rainbow effect though it could be troublesome for this figure. Yamato could have just painted on the inside or used a figure with the clear canopy for the box and promotional shots. It's misleading advertising on their part.

WEWE COLLECTION

Yamato and their Tab B. Surely they've found a better way by now? It's simply not smart design to make the entire front half of the plane dependent upon a small, thin tab.

You said it. It's a pain to replace. Tabs like these shouldn't be molded in with huge crucial parts.

You said it. It's a pain to replace. Tabs like these shouldn't be molded in with huge crucial parts.

Right. It should be a separate die cast piece that is removable from the main fuselage.

Still haven't gotten an 11C yet, though I really want one. Sold out at amiami. Anyone know if production on these was limited?

Glad to know that tab is fixable, that's been my one major concern with the VF-11.

And here I thought broken tabs were a thing of the past!

Thanks for the visual solution, I'll apply it to my old 1/60 ver.1 VF1S jammy (now in permanent Battroid mode thanks to a broken chest tab).

it's tight but there is.

just make sure the part that lifts the cockpit up is slid back (the "up" position)

IMG_0464.jpg

so it looks like this on the inside.

IMG_0470.jpg

the slide in the cockpit pod in the direction the arrow is pointing; first down and forward...

IMG_0471.jpg

then pus the back part strait down.

IMG_0473.jpg

then just slide the little gray lifting piece forward to lower the cockpit pod all the way.

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

and viola! heat shield deployed with no tools.

IMG_0477.jpg

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

Yamato and their Tab B. Surely they've found a better way by now? It's simply not smart design to make the entire front half of the plane dependent upon a small, thin tab.

I don't believe any of these QC issuses, I came back after that earthquake in southern california the 6.9 one. Four yamatos on the floor from 4 to 5 feet high and the only thing broke was a 1/48 that had the backpack broke from the hinge. My vf-11c was one that fell also.

I don't believe any of these QC issuses, I came back after that earthquake in southern california the 6.9 one. Four yamatos on the floor from 4 to 5 feet high and the only thing broke was a 1/48 that had the backpack broke from the hinge. My vf-11c was one that fell also.

Sorry to hear about that 1/48 bro hope you can get her repaired. :blink:

Thanks, thats in work right now waiting for overdrive to reply. How did you know its was my Miria :lol:

Just like ruskii said, Valks are ladies, (pretty expensive, pretty) ladies. B))

And after living in Japan for 14years you learn the best ways to display toys in "brace for shock" positions. :lol::ph34r:

Got my VF-11C today,

*stiff back wheels(it,s easier to take the rubber wheels off ,then flip the wheels out)

*like others, taking the cockpit out to pull the bottom heat shield up to click,

*like others before me-renato

-rabidweezil

-macross fanboy

-nightmareB4macross

In my case both legs fall off pretty easy,but as suggested I,ll look into some "blue painters" tape to fix.

Other than that I like!!love Battroid mode.waiting to see what Yamato will do with this line.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I anticipate the arrival of mine with bated breath. Does anyone know how long it usually takes HLJ to ship them? I've never used them before. I have wanted a VF11 since I first started collecting, a few years ago, and This will be a nice final addition to my collection, for a while....

I anticipate the arrival of mine with bated breath. Does anyone know how long it usually takes HLJ to ship them? I've never used them before. I have wanted a VF11 since I first started collecting, a few years ago, and This will be a nice final addition to my collection, for a while....

HLJ can be slow. Trust me, I feel your pain! :) When you spend that kind of $$ on a toy, you kind of want it sooner than later.