Rambo V: The Savage Hunt

VT 1010

First Blood is such a different film from the rest but I can see why they did the sequels, everyone wanted to see what type of badass he was out in the field.

I don't care how many sequels they make as long as they don't announce a remake of the first. It'd be more interesting to see a Rambo: Year One: Back in the VC. lol. Maybe they can get Peter Patrelli to bulk up and take on the role.

First Blood is such a different film from the rest but I can see why they did the sequels, everyone wanted to see what type of badass he was out in the field.

I don't care how many sequels they make as long as they don't announce a remake of the first. It'd be more interesting to see a Rambo: Year One: Back in the VC. lol. Maybe they can get Peter Patrelli to bulk up and take on the role.

A Rambo movie set in his Vietnam War days would actually be pretty cool if they do it right.

Why call it Rambo?

Can't he just make this movie without calling it Rambo.

And am I the only one that can't stand Ain't It Cool?

The sites looks pretty shitty. The articles and reviews sounds like things stupid fans boy would say and that Harry guy ain't no looker.

I can't stand it either.

In fact, I'm convinced they mixed up the word order of the site name and in fact it should be called 'It Ain't Cool.

Graham

For a site with such popularity, I can't believe the editors can't spell and write properly. Don't they have proofreaders?

I LOVE that symopsis :)

Rambo's "ultra-sensitive instincts" (at age 60 no less) tell him he should "refuse" this latest mission :)

But... this hunting partner of Rambo's? It's a guy? Why?

I think what this synopsis needs is to ditch the "hunting partner" and the "elite squad" that they try to team Rambo up with and instead do the following:

John Rambo, age 60. He spent his life fighting injustice...now...he fights impotence and clogged arteries in the best way possible: he has gone to live with an all female-amazon tribe in the heart of the amazon jungle, where he hunts game for the ladies who cook his prey over an open fire.

Now - THIS would immediately set it up so that Rambo has some experience hunting animals/beasts and not just people... which would make him the perfect candidate for hunting this beast/human half-breed.

Then, you could have it so that the sister of one of the amazon leaders is an eskimo (basically same ethnic make up so by holywood standards this would be perfectly plausible). So they go to shack up with the sister's tribe of skilled Eskimos who hunt wails (continuing the hunting theme).

Rambo, the amazons, and the eskimos make their way to the arctic circle to hunt the beast down.

The beast in turn kills off most of the amazons and eskimos and Rambo is left to die - but miraculously one of the whales that the eskimos hunted saves Rambo and teaches him to understand that just because something is an animal, it doesn't follow that you can therefore stick a long dagger into it.

Rambo then tries a psychological approach and sits down to negotiate with the beast. It turns out that the guy is just pissed because he was the subject of a genetic experiment when all he wants is a regular life.

Rambo and the beast ride the whale who saved Rambo to Argentina, where the Beast gets a job at the local Rio-De-Janero Festival Parade and gets to have sex with lots of extremely drunk women who, in their state of enebriation, don't at all find him unattractive.

Rambo, for his part, goes off to die. But it's then that the Beast reveals to Rambo that one of his powers is immortality and injects Rambo with a super serum that rejuvinates him.

Rambo goes back to America and reports that the beast has been killed (a lie) and tells the government to back off and stop exploiting him. He then gets a job as a trucker and drives into the open yonder with a sentimental uplifting song full of hope playing in the background.

Roll credits.

Pete

From the end of John Rambo or whatever the official title ended up being I had a feeling that they intended to make another one coming full circle.

Something like.... Rambo walks into his Dad's farm to find out that his father died a few days earlier having been denied surgery by a super buff, ex paramilitary, evil hospital insurance adjuster, meanwhile the monsters at the bank are trying to foreclose on the property and are trying to reposess dead daddy's bruial plot as an asset in foreclosure. Rambo finds his father was a former heavy weapons engineer with an underground cache of high tech military weaponry and LSD. The DEA comes to raid the farm, they blow up with LSD bunker, Rambo gets a heavy dose, he goes into a flashback and it's on!

I can't stand it either.

In fact, I'm convinced they mixed up the word order of the site name and in fact it should be called 'It Ain't Cool.

Graham

I have always preferred Dark Horizons. Been going there since '96 and Garth has always run a good site.

Taksraven

I am proud to say I love Rambo. I love senseless, ridiculous, over-the-top violence in movies that make no sense. I'm so there.

ditto!!!! :)

Why can't they make a remake of Rambo, and have Stallone be Rambo's CO? I think that a remake might be beter than just rehashing the man, and how can a sixty+ year old man compete with a Defective Supper soldier?

Rambo taking the role of Richard Crenna? :ph34r:

For the record, I thought Rambo 4 was great.

DOUBLE DITTO!!!!! :D

From the end of John Rambo or whatever the official title ended up being I had a feeling that they intended to make another one coming full circle.

Something like.... Rambo walks into his Dad's farm to find out that his father died a few days earlier having been denied surgery by a super buff, ex paramilitary, evil hospital insurance adjuster, meanwhile the monsters at the bank are trying to foreclose on the property and are trying to reposess dead daddy's bruial plot as an asset in foreclosure. Rambo finds his father was a former heavy weapons engineer with an underground cache of high tech military weaponry and LSD. The DEA comes to raid the farm, they blow up with LSD bunker, Rambo gets a heavy dose, he goes into a flashback and it's on!

:lol: Thanks man that made my day. ^_^