Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Okay... so the armor had to have been an after thought.

The way the forearm pieces fit, they keep the arms from laying down properly in fighter mode. Same with the calf armor, they keep the wing glove peg from connecting properly so the whole thing is wonky... you don't see it because of the way the hip gun armor covers everything but the transformation is pretty much broken with the armor on.

The fit is horrible as well.. forearm armor, crotch armor.. all fall off at the drop of the the hat. The hip guns are attached via ball joint but the new pieces designed to fit the hip armor are so loose they jut pop off whenever they're touched or manipulated.

The wing gloves don't lock well in battroid, one side so-so, the other side not at all, it's constantly flopping about.

And in general, it's just cheap. In fighter mode the back plate wasn't designed with the ozma head in mind so there's a giant gap around the head and similarly there's little grooves to accommodate the head lasers, also not designed for the ozma head. Those little lasers also get squished by the shoulder missile things in fightermode, care is needed there not to pinch or snap the ridiculously thin laser barrels.

Transformation wise it's very similar to the sv-51 but more frustrating because things are constantly falling off, more so with the armor on.

The forearm and crotch armor need better locking systems, magnets even. The calf armor is just poorly thought out compared to the yamato GBP armor requiring removing the pant cuffs to slide on and off instead of the logical clam shell design which they almost did but in the end didn't...

detail wise it's a mixed bag. There's tons of little surface details but then lots of stuff like the optics on the head and sensors on the nose cone are painted on. There's detailing on the inside of the feet but there's no engine detailing, look inside and it's just the mechanics for the feet.

It's been said the wings curve up on purpose, but I don't think so... I think it's a shitty mold and the wings are warped.

It's a decent piece. If you like the design and don't want to build a model, it's fine-ish. I don't think it's worth the nearly 200 dollars though. Sure you get a lot compared to a yamato but honestly, this thing is comparable to the konig monster in terms of design and the way everything fits together.

Thanks.

Yeah, they're somewhere between the ver 1 1/60 vf-1 and the 1/48 vf-1... I honestly don't think they compare to any of the current 1/60 lines.. maybe the 1/60 yf-19.

If you know what you're getting it's not bad but you might just want to wait for the 1/48 model.

If you know what you're getting it's not bad but you might just want to wait for the 1/48 model.

most likely will. I wonder if the DX VF-27 is going to be this shitty or not.

considering the 27 is basically all new molds they have the option to do a major overhaul and make it good, but I've got a feeling they'll just half-ass it like the rest of the DX line. too bad. <_<

most likely will. I wonder if the DX VF-27 is going to be this shitty or not.

considering the 27 is basically all new molds they have the option to do a major overhaul and make it good, but I've got a feeling they'll just half-ass it like the rest of the DX line. too bad. <_<

I can't imagine why it would be better. they didn't even design the toy with it's own accessories in mind, I can't imagine they really put much thought into turning it into the 27.

And the BTW, it would have have been ridiculously easy to make the gun stowable without the stupid clip on peg, there's enough space in the back of the gun pod for a fold away peg... but instead they decided to put two screws there.

Edited by eugimon

while were at it- the landing gear door hinge is so easy to break off, & mine did.

Which one? Mine did the same thing. I've been hoping to be able to have someone recast it, but no luck thus far...

Just got my first DX... probably will be my only DX. like the missing link between the ver1 1/60 and the 1/48... and yes, it came slick with oil and finger prints. not a big deal, but kinda gross.

This reminds me... have to go to my brother's house and pick mine up and then find a way to sneak it under the wife's radar... which sounds just not worth it seing your commentaries about the piece Eugimon.

I'm kinda getting sick of the 25 in all it's forms (damn Bandai and there oversaturating). And if the armored DX is a pain in the ass to move around I'll just don't know. Maybe I could glue it. Got tempted again by the model kit (have the plain Ozma and I find it great) but for the armored version I just see lots and lots of extra parts to hold the damn thing in each mode :mellow: .

The 27 looks like it gets around the Urcle pants thanks the bell bottom design. The huge dong is still there. Wish the include an efects piece for the gun like they do in the model kit.

Edited by Twoducks

Well, just be careful posing the legs, cuz the hip guns fall off.. and the shoulders cuz the shoulder missile pod things might pop off (they have no up and down play so if you move the shoulders enough they'll put pressure on the missile pods. Course, easy fix, just swing them out of the way). And the wings flop around. But other than that it holds together pretty well in battroid.

After a while you learn what it can't and can do and the armor hides a lot of the flaws of the DX sculpt, like the urkel pants.

It has faults but it's also a nicely imposing hunk of plastic and diecast and the design is just ridiculously aggressive, how can you not love it?

_DSC9939.jpg

Edited by eugimon

The DX VF-27 looks better then the DX VF-25. I hope they have made the landing gear better too.

Atleast the 27 doesn't have any superpacks or armorpacks that pops off all the time if you just look at it the wrong way.

If they do a Grace Green version and it gets good reviews from some of the more critical members of this board i might get it. But so far my experience with the DX line has not been overly pleasant.

I am definately buying the vf-27! It's the first 1/60 DX I've actually felt compelled to buy.

By the way, it took over 3 and a half years but....

1000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my VF-25 DX Alto Custom last week, and pretty soon i noticed the SMS-007 marks chip off so easily... my fingers touched the shoulders while transforming and now the 007 and SMS marks are screwed... no need to talk about little SMS-007 markings on the back of the legs... they are completely gone now.... mmmm are out there some stickers or reprolabels thingies ??.

Someone needs to make an upgrade set for this DX toys, this set must include: sticker sheet, a new metal piece to replace the leg-hip joint (molded after 1/72 model hip joint), articulated hands and hard plastic head cannons. LOL, i suppose i can dream about it... hehe.

Anyone else with DX paint troubles ?

let's not jump the gun here, those are battroid only pictures of the VF-27...maybe it looks like poo in fighter mode (*that's why they never shown it in any other mode?)

or maybe it looks good in battroid mode so far and we should not jump the gun and pass judgement on the fighter mode until we see pictures of it...

oh wait, this is macross world; Jumping the gun is all we do here. silly me :rolleyes:^_^

or maybe it looks good in battroid mode so far and we should not jump the gun and pass judgement on the fighter mode until we see pictures of it...

oh wait, this is macross world; Jumping the gun is all we do here. silly me :rolleyes:^_^

experience serves you well, fellow m'wer...but also remember: the VF-25 was poo from the start, and then it was just confirmed that all the defects remained in the production version.

maybe this time Bandai decided to save themselves trouble and release the poo straight, no more false promises! :lol:

You guys only complain about the DX because none of you have the 1:60 VF-25F "Sheryl Gaurd" ...and I do ;) -

ekhvv6.jpg

2mcvf5z.jpg

2njwymp.jpg

I'll take some better pics on the stand tomorrow - after I've finished customizing the battroid.

I just got so pissed off at having lost three parts of my 1/72 that I decided to use the Sheryl Nome decals on the 1:60. Bit grunge - but I like it...

Pete

You guys only complain about the DX because none of you have the 1:60 VF-25F "Sheryl Gaurd" ...and I do ;) -

I'll take some better pics on the stand tomorrow - after I've finished customizing the battroid.

I just got so pissed off at having lost three parts of my 1/72 that I decided to use the Sheryl Nome decals on the 1:60. Bit grunge - but I like it...

Pete

very nice, it seems to fit the dx just right

It's too bad.

I so wanted this toy. But I don't know anyone who is happy with it.

What's this about the 1/48? A model kit?

I think I will wait for Yamato. I use to think BanDai owned Yamato in the QC department, but it has really been the other way around of late.