Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

source

It's the toy forum's turn to complain about the tornado pack.

It sucks! B))

Frankly speaking, I am not impressed by how the tornado pack design in the first place. The toy isn't really bad, given the original look of it. Let's hope it's not web exclusive though.

And the VF-27 does look good. The bigger head and higher shoulders make it look so much better than the 25's, even though it's still chunky and with a wrong hip.

Well, from the pictures, the landing gear seems to be improved. Also, do notice the two cockpit seats are filled. Brera and Ranka?

Which makes me want to kick Kawamori in the arse for designing such an obscured cockpit canopy in the first place. Makes the 27 look like a drone.

source

It's the toy forum's turn to complain about the tornado pack.

Something about the design of this super pack or tornado pack that I like. Put this in a bundle and ill buy it.

Anyway do you people think that you can put that large rifle underneath the VF-27 in fighter mode with the landing gears down?

Edited by Hikaru VF-1S

Will the particle cannon fit underneath?

Michael's sniper rifle wasn't able to on the VF-25G.

It does look like the barrel can split like in the anime - there's a seam running along the entire barrel that's visible in the Gerwalk pic, and the Battroid pic seems to show a hinge at the base of the barrel. So possibly...

Which makes me want to kick Kawamori in the arse for designing such an obscured cockpit canopy in the first place. Makes the 27 look like a drone.

I think that's the point---it's like the YF-21, in that the canopy is a formality, and all info is delivered on screens and to the helmet from external sensors---thus the need for a cyborg pilot to interface with it.

I think that's the point---it's like the YF-21, in that the canopy is a formality, and all info is delivered on screens and to the helmet from external sensors---thus the need for a cyborg pilot to interface with it.

That's what I think too, but aesthetically it makes the fighter loose points IMO since it's so integrated into the fuselage. Comes off smaller than it is, just look at the big canopy in the proto compared to the painted version.

The canopy YF-21, while mostly covered, is more differentiated by the colors and patern used.

While the quarter looks great, the baby blue, over saturated colors scream "kiddie toy"!

Maybe it's just the flash. Waiting for more pics...

The VF-27 is absolutely brilliant! Looks like Bandai finally got the hang of making decent looking Macross toys!! Looks vastly superior than that sloppy thing known as the VF-25.

And the VF-27 does look good. The bigger head and higher shoulders make it look so much better than the 25's, even though it's still chunky and with a wrong hip.

I'm beginning to think complaining about the hip placement is a knee jerk reaction to it being a DX and not any form of thought out criticism. the hips on the 27 DO NOT sit in the same place they do on the VF-25.

really, the only thing that looks off is that the crotch isn't angled out enough, and that's probably just because they didn't transform/display it properly.

vf-27-battroid.jpg

Not sure but it looks like the fixed one of MY biggest problems with the DX sculpt...the nose cone. the 25's nose cone looked like it was put on upside down on the DX. When I flipped the 1/72's cone upside down it ended up with the some ugly beek that the DX had. The 27 really is looking pretty nice....so far.

Chris

Not sure but it looks like the fixed one of MY biggest problems with the DX sculpt...the nose cone. the 25's nose cone looked like it was put on upside down on the DX. When I flipped the 1/72's cone upside down it ended up with the some ugly beek that the DX had. The 27 really is looking pretty nice....so far.

Chris

yep, the nose cone looks more like the 1/72 vf-25 which makes a huge difference.

The down curve of the dx 25 makes it look weird in certain angles.

The censored part got bigger today! :lol:

Woah, what the??? :blink::lol:

Anyway, have to say that the VF-27 is really coming along rather nicely. The gerwalk mode looks really nice and it seems without the intake cheating too that you'd have to do with the 25s.

TOY-RBT-1004_02.jpg

Anyway, have to say that the VF-27 is really coming along rather nicely. The gerwalk mode looks really nice and it seems without the intake cheating too that you'd have to do with the 25s.

TOY-RBT-1004_02.jpg

it is hard to say that vf 27 can stand nicely in gearwalk without intake cheating cuz for vf 27 its intake is actually the chest part, and from this pic it seems like the legs seperate from the intake.

TOY-RBT-1004_02.jpg

Well, to be fair, it's not possible to do the intake cheating that the 25 does even if they wanted to because the intakes are not connected to the legs :)

Well, to be fair, it's not possible to do the intake cheating that the 25 does even if they wanted to because the intakes are not connected to the legs :)

Why do you guys care about a mode that is down right retarded.

I dont have ANY of my valks in this stupid mode.

Beautiful Bird

OR ASS WHOOPING ROBOT

As long as they fix the damn hip placement on the 2.0.
I can deal with the hips. I want thigh swivels, more range of motion in the knees and ankles, longer nose gear, hands that don't go loose at the wrist under the weight of the gun pod, and shoulders that don't loosen quickly nor look weird due moving with the shoulder armor when the arms are put out to the sides.