Have YOU ever been banned from an internet Forum??

Epic Fight Club Avatar. 'nuff said!

We didn't really get banned for that. I think it was a 2 week suspension. And yes, that was the most epic prank ever pulled on Macross World.

Neither of you guys are annoying! Next to Gubaba, Kieth and Agent One are my favorite Macrossworld members:) My goal in life is to know as much about Evangelion as Kieth, as much about Macross as Gubaba, and to look like Agent One :)

Pete

Only time I've ever been banned was... here, actually. For a few days.

I had a gag account. I thought it was all in good fun.

Apparently it was offensive, and secondary accounts are suspicious activity.

Why can't I have any awesome stories?

If I were Emperor, I would ban all M7 fans, not from Macross World... From Earth. Like I would weld them all inside of a big pink dumpster then launch that dumpster into the Sun.*

*for the n00bs,this is humor. So don't grab your crotch and jump up and down and start crying. I am not really being serious. But I don't like M7... That part was serious.

Edited by Agent ONE

If I were Emperor, I would ban all M7 fans, not from Macross World... From Earth. Like I would weld them all inside of a big pink dumpster then launch that dumpster into the Sun.*

Don't worry :) That doesn't stop me from still thinking of you as one of the best members at MW :)

I can love Basara and love AgentOne all at the same time! :)

Pete

We didn't really get banned for that. I think it was a 2 week suspension. And yes, that was the most epic prank ever pulled on Macross World.

I am ashamed to say that I have since lost those avatars.

I can't recall being banned from anywhere of consequence (though I can remember having been), but I have often left lousy boards and when I left I meant it. If I'm not enjoying myself or I'm unable to be helpful, I simply leave. There's very little point in any drama.

Honestly, I've never seen the need to get intentionally banned from any forum, except perhaps for some prank. Some don't realize they have more power simply refusing to post on a shite board than posting out of frustration until banned. It's also good to just leave on civil terms because you might get the satisfaction of desperate website owners sending "where are you?" messages, at which point you tell them off with utter satisfaction knowing you have their complete and undivided attention for the length of one good f-you e-mail (I've had the pleasure a few times). A site is dead if it can't sustain regular activity, doesn't matter if it stays online or not nor how many times the owners threaten you with "privilege" speeches. Most forums are also rarely as bad as the people complaining. The truly awful forums, the ones that deserve to die, often do so rather quickly. If forums remain healthy and active, it usually means the site is being run "well enough", even if it's not a great place to be. If a forum doesn't appeal to you, simply find a better forum or build your own. Like I've always said, more fan sites (not less) and thus "choice" is the best policy.

Don't worry :) That doesn't stop me from still thinking of you as one of the best members at MW :)

Pete

How can you expect a real man and a girly man to hold place in your heart? One would clearly kick the other's behind.

But only when there's a fire on the other side of the door. That's what GI Joe taught - remember? And knowing is half the battle!

Pete

Trust me... if the Joes had met Agent One, they would've offered radically different advice. Like "install automatic sliding doors on your house so you never have to touch them again.

I've now been enlightened about the door knob - but this actually makes you wonder about all items and objects that we physically come into contact with on a daily basis.

The problem is not just isolated to doorknobs.

But I will say this:

Agent One - that was an idea worthy of Shinji! :) All the more reason for me to like this member :)

How can you expect a real man and a girly man to hold place in your heart? One would clearly kick the other's behind.

But Basara is a real man; look at his manly flying into combat record. Besides - the guy has CLEARLY been in touch with Agent One and gotten tips on working out.

I mean - Bassara is ripped :)

Pete

Pete

HAHA, thanks for the support man! Means a lot to me.

are we gonna see this "legendary door knob thread" anytime soon? :lol:

i haven't been banned yet, but i've been given warnings by mods a couple of times. they were ninnies.

one guy gave me some BS about putting a piece of work under a "models" category when they think it should be in "digital" :rolleyes: you'd think that after i built the thing, i'd know if it was digital or not.

the other time, i had a bunch of stuff for sale in a forum's for sale section (not MW) and this guy closes my thread. for some reason, they sub-divided the sub-sub category of the section & calls me off on "misplaced topic".

it was like they had a simple "screws thread" & "nails thread" & they turned it into "screws/machine screws/big screws/phillips screws/reverse thread/countesrunk" section. wow. i don't post there anymore :lol:

are we gonna see this "legendary door knob thread" anytime soon? :lol:

At this point, reality can't live up to the legend.

But if you REALLY want it... the search button is up there. Search for doorknob, sort results in ascending order instead of descending.

Wow, we have been here a long time.

I enjoy any opportunity to reference my genitals or acts that involve said genitals. They are the source of so much joy for so many... Especially me.