Missile Pod 1/60 2.0

Agent-GHQ

What the frak! I was playing around with my first 1/60 2.0 VF-1J with Super Fast Pack and learned that the missile pod does not remove like the 1/48 line. I like that the tri-missile clusters are fixed though. But the pod is unacceptable as it should be an optional to store the tri-missile clusters.

This just disturbs me!!!Does this bother any of you?

I understand certain details can not be retained like the 1/48 line, but at least give us a removable missile pod like the 1/48 line so we can store the missile custers in them.

Other than that, I think the 1/60 2.0 is solid much like the 1/72 HCM '84 line with much more details and articulations.

pod2.jpg

Edited by Agent-GHQ

What the frak! I was playing around with my first 1/60 2.0 VF-1J with Super Fast Pack and learned that the missile pod does not remove like the 1/48 line. This just disturbs me!!!

Does this bother any of you?

Err.....No.

What the frak! I was playing around with my first 1/60 2.0 VF-1J with Super Fast Pack and learned that the missile pod does not remove like the 1/48 line. This just disturbs me!!!

Does this bother any of you?

doesnt bother me at all.

i prefer it this way, non-removable FTW :)

Eh? are you talking about the individual missiles or the missile pod
I'm talkin about the missile pod. You know the ones like the 1/48 where you remove the tip so that you can store the tri-missile clusters.

Interesting that peeps are not bothered by this!

Edited by Agent-GHQ

I'm talkin about the missile pod. You know the ones like the 1/48 where you remove the tip so that you can store the tri-missile clusters.

Interesting that peeps are not bothered by this!

That's what I thought you meant. Doesn't bother me at all. I seldom used it. Didn't like the rattle.

I liked the feature, coz it helped with storage, but Im not in tears over its loss.

It was certainly a cool feature for storage, but it's not much of a bother to me to not have on the new 1/60. I don't use the feature on any of my 1/48's, but I could see how you might miss it if it was a feature that you made use of in the 1/48 line.

I understand certain details can not be retained like the 1/48 line, but at least give us a removable missile pod like the 1/48 line so we can store the missile custers in them.

pod2.jpg

That's why 1/48 rule!!! Just bought my first 1/48 Armor and I must say that 1/48 VF-1J+Armor Pack = Absolute Awesomeness. Nothing can beat it. ^_^

That's what I thought you meant. Doesn't bother me at all. I seldom used it. Didn't like the rattle.
I liked the feature, coz it helped with storage, but Im not in tears over its loss.

doesn bother me one bit too
it is indeed convenient, but not really a must have, so, dun really miss it.
It made the missile pod too big and out of scale with the 1/48. I like this better.
Agreed with these guys

I could careless about some function that is useless in the first place. Even if the 1/60s were able to do it, it's a "feature" (if you can call it that) that seems more of a wasted fluke. I like the way the new pods look, as they don't look so overly big.

I was disappointed the first time I opened my 1/60 1D and found out the missile pods were glued shut. I always used them on the 1/48 to store the intake covers and spare hands (not the pvc ones though).

However, I never knew you could fit the other missiles inside!!! I just figured they were too big so I never bothered trying. Wow, this just makes me appreciate the 1/48 even more!! :p

Edited by Renato

I always thought only the intake covers were shown to be storable within the missile pods in the manual.

I can't remember because I only really ever looked at the manual once when I got my first 1/48 around five years ago and I never bothered to touch it again. The transformation is just intuitive so I would never again feel the need to bother getting the manuals out of storage.

The ability to store all the extra Missiles and hands, etc in the Pods on the 1/48 was a great little feature, but as a safe guard I have always a had a fishing tackle box to keep all my hands and intakes stored. Its the best kinda storage!! B))

The ability to store all the extra Missiles and hands, etc in the Pods on the 1/48 was a great little feature, but as a safe guard I have always a had a fishing tackle box to keep all my hands and intakes stored. Its the best kinda storage!! B))

As for me, I've always had a tackle box to keep all my tackle in.

Is it so strange to use something for its intended purpose?

As for me, I've always had a tackle box to keep all my tackle in.

Is it so strange to use something for its intended purpose?

Yes. What kind of freak actually uses stuff how its SUPPOSED to be used. [/sarcasm]