Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

I bought the 3 pack of Roy, Rick, and Max 1/100 toynami's with the GBP and it was the worst purchase ever.  The build quality absolutely horrendous.  Arms and legs fall off for no reason.  GBP is loose and falls off.  Needless to say they didn't didn't make the cut in my display case and will be sold off very soon. At this point, if I had to choose from toynami's 1/100's or Arii's 15th anniversary non transforming valks, I'd take the Arii.  At least parts don't fall off.

5 hours ago, Rogueload said:

I bought the 3 pack of Roy, Rick, and Max 1/100 toynami's with the GBP and it was the worst purchase ever.  The build quality absolutely horrendous.  Arms and legs fall off for no reason.  GBP is loose and falls off.  Needless to say they didn't didn't make the cut in my display case and will be sold off very soon. At this point, if I had to choose from toynami's 1/100's or Arii's 15th anniversary non transforming valks, I'd take the Arii.  At least parts don't fall off.

Interesting....I only have the exclusive "stealth" GBP and it seems pretty stiff and solid....I like the stocky bruiser look it has...

gallery_12176_633_60035.jpg

....the only fail on it is the exposed "backside"...

gallery_12176_633_16028.jpg

If you really plan on selling your GBP's send me an IM with your asking price.....

On 4/30/2017 at 0:49 AM, jvmacross said:

Interesting....I only have the exclusive "stealth" GBP and it seems pretty stiff and solid....I like the stocky bruiser look it has...

gallery_12176_633_60035.jpg

....the only fail on it is the exposed "backside"...

gallery_12176_633_16028.jpg

If you really plan on selling your GBP's send me an IM with your asking price.....

Just asking, you can maximum fold the wings together?

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

More or less....I think mine were stiff so did not want to force them to close all the way.....but they probably can....

gallery_12176_633_35971.jpg

Another horror story for TyNi again. Uggh!

• 1 month later...

The prices for these things is ridiculous. BBTS had the Max 1J super on sale for 54.99...... that's about what I paid for my HMR 1J from NY before shipping O_o

At this point Harmony Gold should let Toynami die and license HMR's from Bandai lol. I wouldn't mind marginally higher prices and robocrap packaging if I could get HMR's from Stateside online shops without the red-eye F5-athons 

I was mildly entertained when I got my first DYRL VF-1A back in 2007 or so when toynami was the only 1/100 game in town. Ever since the HM's came out in 2010 and the HMRs in 2016 I'm puzzled at how Toynami cankeep releasing the same product with the same QC issues (horrible bursting polycaps everywhere) at even higher prices over and over

Edited by Duymon

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah that's what happened to me too when I first saw the pics at Toyark.  I don't want those Veritechs just to get the pilots.  I already had a hard time getting rid of the older ones.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I already had a hard time getting rid of the older ones.

Really? They're pretty small, I would think they would fit in your garbage bin just fine. I know some places can be picky though about what types of plastic they take if you tried going the recycle route.

12 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I'd like to see with which of their "Veritechs" they will include the Ben Dixon pilot figure, since they don't have that variant. I'm guessing they will include him with the CF. 

IMG_4480.JPG

Judging by this picture, I assume that Toynami will finally be releasing Ben's 1/100 VF-1A, which should include his standing and cockpit figures.