Yamato 1/60 v.2 Hayao Kakizaki

Priss!

I've always preferred the DYRL 1As over the TV ones (except for the optic, TV ver. just looks better in that department) but the 1/60 Kakizaki actually looks really good. I like it more than the TV 1A Max in fact.

I've always preferred the DYRL 1As over the TV ones (except for the optic, TV ver. just looks better in that department) but the 1/60 Kakizaki actually looks really good. I like it more than the TV 1A Max in fact.

Yeah but that black cowling really helps to hide the seam line on the head.

Although personally - when people post large amounts of pics - like those promo pics for the VF-1s - I prefer the small thumbnails. I don't want to wait to load 10 pictures - even if their size is reduced :)

My personal opinion of course :)

Pete

The chest white is off compared to the rest of the white plastic. Just the proto I guess.

The DYRL heads or colors compared to the TV versions never enters into consideration for me thank God. I swore many moons ago to keep my collecting to only the TV series. This has kept my collecting at a somewhat sane level and has allowed my family to eat from time to time.

The chest white is off compared to the rest of the white plastic. Just the proto I guess.

The DYRL heads or colors compared to the TV versions never enters into consideration for me thank God. I swore many moons ago to keep my collecting to only the TV series. This has kept my collecting at a somewhat sane level and has allowed my family to eat from time to time.

So you didn't get the Focker 1S also? That's a shame! :ph34r:

I doubt if they would ever release a TV 1S...

logos, the thumbnails appear if you upload a file here directly. full size images happen if you upload them elsewhere and link.

Thanks!

If anyone finds some closeup pics of the TV version head can they post them? I want to see how that, what appears to be, a seam line looks going down the middle of the head.

I have not gotten ANY 1/60 v2s yet! Will get all the TV versions soon. Going to get:

1S (re-release, shoulders better?)

1J with fastpack (switch fp to roy, and a set of TV hands slightly dirtied up)

1D, 1A Max and Kak

I skipped on the previous 1/60 line, then skipped the 1/48s and am I glad I did. I can't believe all the posts from so many who wish they had waited.

BUT - would still like to know if they're going to come out with weathered versions of each of the 1/60 v2s though?? I have the weathered Tomahawk and have a line on the weathered Defender now too.

I like to wait and get the ultimate so I have no wish-I-wouldas. Although things are coming out so fast I'm not sure I can afford that luxury!

Edited by DarrinG

Jeez, so they will do a TV Kakizaki. They really are going to do every damn type of valk there is. I still hope for an Angel Bird valk, but I fear that Yamato might have gotten burned by the 1/48 Angel Bird release. Also wondering where the VF-1A Cannon Fodder is. And of course I can't wait to see the GBP armor.

Do you guys think they'll make a space booster? You know, the booster Max and Milia used to blast their way into space to attack the Zentraedi Factory?

I believe the VF-1A CF & other variations should be out soon after Yamato is done with the all characters releases. Not forgetting Yamato hv yet to announce the Max/Millia 1J, which should be next after TV Kakizaki or so, if i'm not wrong.

I am hoping for a TV & DYRL VF-1A CF. Also a TV Focker 1S.

Edited by Javabean

Woohoooo!!!!! :lol: V2s RULE!!!!! a tv vf-1a kakizaki? hehe, finally, yamato looks to be making every darn valk out there which is what I hoped to see in the first place with the v2 line By the way, I am aware of the v2 valks they are to roll out, however, does anybody know the schedule for the release of each valk? I know the VF-1d is coming out next but outside of that, I don't know when the others are coming out. Anybody out there have release schedule?

Anybody know how much Over-Drive generally charges to ship one of these 1/60's without the armor parts to California?

I just pre-ordered the VF-1D from overdrive which is the same price (w/o armor), and shipping to Cali came out to $33.40

I think that's for EMS as its similar to HLJ, but overall its cheaper b/c overdrive's list prices are less than HLJ's prices.

Edited by Valkyrie23

001b.jpg

just copied this from the SCOOP thread c/o "sturmvogel's poking around IXTL's link"... ^_^

Did you guys notice the 2 tones white on the chest areas? Even the wings hv it too. Quite different fm all-white on TV Max. Even the magazine exclusive 1/48 does not hv this features. Showed that Yamato really put great emphasis & details on the 1/60, & not just a straight repaint.

Edited by Javabean

Did you guys notice the 2 tones white on the chest areas? Even the wings hv it too.

I think you're looking too hard. Come on, do you really see two separate tones of white, or just artifacts of jpeg compression or even surfaces reflecting light at different angles?

I thought i saw 2 tones there :unsure: . If you look at the fighter & Gerwalk modes fm Yammy website, it does seem to imply that. As some members pointed out, its cud be juz prototype sample & actual one will be all white like Max.

Edited by Javabean

I think you're looking too hard. Come on, do you really see two separate tones of white, or just artifacts of jpeg compression or even surfaces reflecting light at different angles?

That's what I was thinking as well. But it does seem to be 2 different tones. But as Jenius said...it's prob. because it's a proto.

Was there ever a DYRL 1A fastpack for Kakizake? I don't remember - and if there was, then it was even less prominent than the VE-1, which at least got an ass shot and a couple of lines for the pilot...

From what I know - the VF-1D and the VF-1A Kakizake and Max TV colors are ONLY being sold as standalone.

And good.

Cheaper Valks are nice from time to time.

Besides - this way there's no "how to display" dilema - you can have the VF-1s with SS parts displayed in their booby ducks, and the ones without will show the beauty of the Yammie without boobies.

Pete

Was there ever a DYRL 1A fastpack for Kakizake? I don't remember - and if there was, then it was even less prominent than the VE-1, which at least got an ass shot and a couple of lines for the pilot...

From what I know - the VF-1D and the VF-1A Kakizake and Max TV colors are ONLY being sold as standalone.

Pete

Thanks Folka. What he said. Kakizaki's 1A in DYRL had way more screen time than the Elint. Blink and you miss the Elint, but you had to have been dozing off for the first 5 minutes to miss Kakizaki's 1A.

Well, yeah it makes sense that the TV valks you listed don't have fastpacks bundled because they were never featured with them.

Yeah Cheaper valks are nice which is why I want a bundle. I think it would be cheaper on shipping than paying for two boxes (valk plus separate fast pack).

Yeah Cheaper valks are nice which is why I want a bundle. I think it would be cheaper on shipping than paying for two boxes (valk plus separate fast pack).

Well that's true :)

But I'm not going to be getting seperate fastpack for my 1D and Kakizaki TV anyways :)

Pete

Well that's true :)

But I'm not going to be getting seperate fastpack for my 1D and Kakizaki TV anyways :)

Pete

I'm not either. They didn't use them in the TV show. If you look at my original question I was asking about the DYRL 1A only. (see below)

Are they not doing a DYRL 1A bundled with Fast Packs?

Standalone only?

I'm not either. They didn't use them in the TV show. If you look at my original question I was asking about the DYRL 1A only. (see below)

Funny that you would mention that. Everyone swears that a two-seater VF-1D was used during the Max & Milia ceremony, but in fact it was a two-seater VF-1A that was flown during the entire episode.

Yet a lot of people would rather have a VF-1D than an anime accurate two-seater VF-1A. :blink:

It's all relative to your own interpretation of what is and is not anime canon or lineart canon.

Funny that you would mention that. Everyone swears that a two-seater VF-1D was used during the Max & Milia ceremony, but in fact it was a two-seater VF-1A that was flown during the entire episode.

Yet a lot of people would rather have a VF-1D than an anime accurate two-seater VF-1A. :blink:

It's all relative to your own interpretation of what is and is not anime canon or lineart canon.

I thought that the fact that the Virgin Road Valkyrie had a -1A head was an animation error?

How would a two-seat -1A work anyway considering there's only one 'head camera'?

I think Yamato really needs to start including extra heads with their fighters. How cool would it be to have the Virgin Road two-seater including both a -1D head and a TV -1A head? That way it's accurate BOTH ways.

Vostok 7

• 3 months later...

So it's the 21'st and Yamato have today still listed as TV-1A release. DYRL-1A just says May which we all know means the very last day..

So have they slipped on the TV? Are we going to see any of these this month? It's been nearly a week since I got my last Valk and I am starting to get withdrawal symtoms!! :blink: