Yamato 1/60 v.2 Hayao Kakizaki

Priss!

Update:

I doubt how popular this one will be though...

Personally, this is my least-wanted VF thus far...

I myself looking forward to it as green is always my fav colour! Futhermore i need DYRL 1A Kaki to complete skull squadron.

Edited by Javabean

I love those poses! But is it just me, or did Yamato use two noticably different shades of tan on Kakizaki? The tan on the sides of his legs look much lighter than the tan used elsewhere.

indeed, but in a translation via google, the reviewer also states in his review that looking at the actual product, the difference is not visible/very slight.

Well I ended up weathering the TV Kaki..

Here's a pic for your perusal next to an unweathered Max TV.

333l3dl.jpg

Personally I think it came out quite well.. Still a very white valk compared with the DYRL Skulls but now a bit grubby and less plasticy/toy looking.

Very nice work. Definitely looks better and more realistic with the panel lines. The Max looks like a cheap toy in comparison. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
And there we have it folks!!!! The completion of the DYRL? Skull Squad!!!

Not too many stock schemes left to do as far as DYRL and TV are concerned.

What are we missing that hasn't been announced yet?

Cannon Fodders for both DYRL and TV.

Max and Millia TV 1J's

Kakizaki TV 1A

Angel Birds

Virgin Road 1D

Elint

Ostrich

GBP armor

From that point, its pretty much the obscure background valks. But I am deffinately hoping to see a Low Viz grey schemes as I want to do some customizing. Hopefully any scheme other than the ones above will come with swappable heads and Strike/Super parts. Hopefully I won't be imagining this, and it will come to reality.

One thing I've noticed is why don't they make a VF-1R Valkyrie they only did one and that was master piece I want a VF-1R or a VF-4

Because the VF-1R is not a Macross mech... It's a Robotech mech.

but it is macross I saw it on one of the episodes slapping a Zentradi also look, this data base said its macross and not robotech also here's the episode it appears in First Appearance: Episode 32 - "Broken Heart".

Actually, the VF-1R is simply based on an animation error. The boys at HG/Toynami simply merely played along and capitalised on this error to fabricate a new designation. As far as Macross is concerned, the is no VF-1R.

Actually, the VF-1R is simply based on an animation error. The boys at HG/Toynami simply merely played along and capitalised on this error to fabricate a new designation. As far as Macross is concerned, the is no VF-1R.

I would at least be cool if it were their in this new line because a veritech with 3 antenna is cool triple the laser power

I would at least be cool if it were their in this new line because a veritech with 3 antenna is cool triple the laser power

excuse me, are you from some where else? people here only play with valkyrie, not veritech...

Veritech's are never cool. now Valkyries... :rolleyes:

Also the "-1R" head looks like a sloppy, ugly mish-mash of existing designs that look much better on their own (Just like everything else in Robotech).

Edited by anime52k8

Yep, and if Lord Shoji doesn't acknowledge it then it will forever be an animation error. :p

I presonally would like to see it made, if he lets Yamato that is, but at the same time won't fret over it.

Same goes for the Max TV-1A missile payload where he has got missiles lined up both sides of his valks tail wings and wings, but that's not an animation error, shown twice or more.

gallery_3118_346_8612.jpg

Yamato i'm waiting for the special TV-1A Max'imum' payload release. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The extra missiles were a last minute addition by animated Ichirou Itano. He was actually trying to keep things more consistent. There's some lineart of it somewhere.

Did Tommy Yune label his drawing with katakana? What a weeaboo.

If that's the first you've seen of an MPC VF-1 then you're lucky... but also a bit behind the times... i think they came out in like 2002.

I knew they came out of couple years back, I never bother them because they are like using today technology to build a new mold of toy with the 25 years old construction, and I never realize how poor the quality is when I looked up close with the pictures in the link.

These toys just simply have nothing to do with Masterpiece, they don't earn that tittle.

Yep, and if Lord Shoji doesn't acknowledge it then it will forever be an animation error. :p

I presonally would like to see it made, if he lets Yamato that is, but at the same time won't fret over it.

Same goes for the Max TV-1A missile payload where he has got missiles lined up both sides of his valks tail wings and wings, but that's not an animation error, shown twice or more.

gallery_3118_346_8612.jpg

Yamato i'm waiting for the special TV-1A Max'imum' payload release. :p

YEAH! I just caught that the other day when watching SDF again! That would have been sweet if Yamato could have made some kind of add on for Max's "tail fin missles"!!!

Veritech's are never cool. now Valkyries... :rolleyes:

Also the "-1R" head looks like a sloppy, ugly mish-mash of existing designs that look much better on their own (Just like everything else in Robotech).

ya but what you call robotech is the macross saga when it came to america the renamed the macross super dimensional fortress saga into robotech also it isn't a animation error how can it be a error if you purposly draw two extra head mounted lasers.

but if it was a error how can you draw two extra head mounted lasers and called it a error and the robotech series that played in America was acutally the macross super dimensional fortress saga they just renamed it to robotech in America

but the whole point of what im saying is that they could at least make a figure for it in this new line no matter how this veritech was created

Use punctuations please because your reply doesn't make any sense. As for whether it's an error, shoji kawamori never designed that Valkyrie variation. You will not find it in any BigWest approved tech manaul. An animator in an animation studio making this error does not make it official.

Let this error official robot plane remain in the Robotech universe.

Actually what am I doing responding to this de-railment of the inimitable Hayai Kakizaki thread? BACK ON TOPIC!

ya but what you call robotech is the macross saga when it came to america the renamed the macross super dimensional fortress saga into robotech also it isn't a animation error how can it be a error if you purposly draw two extra head mounted lasers.

but if it was a error how can you draw two extra head mounted lasers and called it a error and the robotech series that played in America was acutally the macross super dimensional fortress saga they just renamed it to robotech in America

First: It's an animation error because it wasn't supposed to have 3 head lasers, it was supposed to be a either a 1J or a 1A (don't know which one off the top of my head). That scene though was one of the ones that got farmed out to STAR PRO because Studio Nue couldn't handle doing all the animation themselves. STAR PRO is notorious for how bad their work was, they produced terrible quality animation that contained lots of continuity errors and was contently off-model (planes being the wrong color, people not looking right, planes with weapons they don't have, etc. etc.)

Second: Robotech is not Macross. Robotech Used original Macross footage but it is not "Macross Just renamed." For further info see here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=228 and here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29850

but the whole point of what im saying is that they could at least make a figure for it in this new line no matter how this veritech was created

Yamato couldn't make a 1R because it's not part of Macross. The "1R" is a creation of HG and only exists within the Robotech franchise. HG owns the IP rights to the head design that Tommy Yune created so any company who want's to make a toy out of it has to make a deal with HG, hence why Toynami is the only company to make a "1R" toy.

Yamato would have no interest in producing it anyways. Virtually no one in Japan (Yamato's primary market) knows or cares about robotech, and few would be interested in a head based liberally off an animation error that appears for all of half a second.

duh...... veritech is not cool, you better find another forum something like robotechworld.com.

Actually what am I doing responding to this de-railment of the inimitable Hayai Kakizaki thread? BACK ON TOPIC!

Right back to Kakizaki... how the heck does he get 2 valks out before milia gets 1?

But seriously, now that both versions are out, is there anything left to talk about? I have a feeling we won't be seeing any more Kakizaki valks, unless we get a weathering version, or if they decide to make a "what if" kakizaki 1S. (I have a feeling everyone else is going to hate both these ideas.)