Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

Well, here's one...

I have a problem with the decals on the lower torso... Trying to figure out how to fix it.

post-11341-1260743545_thumb.jpg

Wow, your stickers look either chewed on or mangled somehow :p

You might want to grab a xacto knife or small utility knife and trim off the excess clear areas. Not only will it allow the stickers to fit better on curved surfaces, it will make it look better without the unsightly clear bits. You might also want to try cleaning off the surface of the toy first to remove any oils and such that were on the toy when it was packed in. That will allow your stickers to stay on much better without the edges lifting off the surface.

Wow, your stickers look either chewed on or mangled somehow :p

You might want to grab a xacto knife or small utility knife and trim off the excess clear areas. Not only will it allow the stickers to fit better on curved surfaces, it will make it look better without the unsightly clear bits. You might also want to try cleaning off the surface of the toy first to remove any oils and such that were on the toy when it was packed in. That will allow your stickers to stay on much better without the edges lifting off the surface.

Much obliged, sir.

To be honest, I was gifted with a second sheet of decals for this particular toy, and I was planning on redoing the whole application.

What kind of cleaning agent would I use to remove the oils and and residual adhesive left on it? I'm sure that there are some that would strip the paint of the figure, so I want to make sure that it's the right stuff that I use.

Again, thanks!

Much obliged, sir.

To be honest, I was gifted with a second sheet of decals for this particular toy, and I was planning on redoing the whole application.

What kind of cleaning agent would I use to remove the oils and and residual adhesive left on it? I'm sure that there are some that would strip the paint of the figure, so I want to make sure that it's the right stuff that I use.

Again, thanks!

I often just use a paper towel dabbed in a bit of rubbing alcohol to get the grease off. I haven't seen it harm the plastic and unlike bandai's paint which comes off at the slightest touch, Yamato's paint is pretty durable and hasn't come off from using it. Just the same, don't rub too hard. just wipe enough to clean off the surface. Alternatively if you're worried about affecting any paint, I guess you could use soap and water on a damp cloth. Not sure what other people do.

Coincidentally, I used "M" and "1" on my tomahawk as well. I trimmed mine right to the edge so it wouldn't look so much like a sticker. It also gives you more room to place it where you want.

post-10222-1260845256_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I often just use a paper towel dabbed in a bit of rubbing alcohol to get the grease off. I haven't seen it harm the plastic and unlike bandai's paint which comes off at the slightest touch, Yamato's paint is pretty durable and hasn't come off from using it. Just the same, don't rub too hard. just wipe enough to clean off the surface. Alternatively if you're worried about affecting any paint, I guess you could use soap and water on a damp cloth. Not sure what other people do.

I use Goo Gone for such things : http://www.magicamerican.com/googone/produ...108e6a30db.aspx

works as well or better than rubbing alcohol and leaves whatever you use it on with a slight pleasant citrus smell. ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

• 4 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, Has anyone thought of converting / modifying a tomahawk or defender into a phalanx?

Maybe we could run the idea by someone familiar with constructing parts (perhaps MechTech) and have

them build a prototype or something of that nature. Just an Idea. ;)

Out of curiosity, Has anyone thought of converting / modifying a tomahawk or defender into a phalanx?

Maybe we could run the idea by someone familiar with constructing parts (perhaps MechTech) and have

them build a prototype or something of that nature. Just an Idea.

;)

there were already pics of Phalanx pre-production from Yamato... I can't believe it's taking this long!

running the text through a google translate, seems that the $2300 1/2000 SDF-1 sold better than they expected, and they are hopeing that the same level of success can repeated for the 1/60 monster kit that they want to make, or are thinking of making...

I think this monster kit is only in its conceptional stage, but if they are thinking of making it, thats good news, as compared to being totally ignored.

That said, it will probably be along the lines of the 1/2000 Macross: Limited and expensive as hell.

That said, it will probably be along the lines of the 1/2000 Macross: Limited and expensive as hell.

Another few grands of model kits fm Yamato, i imagine.

Thought the next destroid on the line is Phalanx yet we don't see much news/pics abt it?

Edited by Javabean

running the text through a google translate, seems that the $2300 1/2000 SDF-1 sold better than they expected, and they are hopeing that the same level of success can repeated for the 1/60 monster kit that they want to make, or are thinking of making...

I think this monster kit is only in its conceptional stage, but if they are thinking of making it, thats good news, as compared to being totally ignored.

I am a big supporter of 1/60 Monster.

However if that mean paying over $2000 for a non-complete 'model-kit'. That is no way. No matter how great details it might have.

In term of details, price point and finishing, Yamato should think about how to compare with Hot Toys's 1/6 Aliens Power Loader or ED209 from Robcop.

He did say "Since the Macross Replica Kits sold much better than we expected, it may be possible to do a 1/60 Monster Kit in the same fashion... but maybe that's just me".

I would not take this as a definite GO on a 1/60 Monster project. (Then again, maybe he planted that last phrase so that people could write in and say "no, me too! I want one!" and then they would consider it...)

there were already pics of Phalanx pre-production from Yamato... I can't believe it's taking this long!

Hello <EXO> ya I did see the pre-production pics of the Phalanx, but what I was referring to was more to the likes of us macross fans. Has anyone of us

thought to build or create their own attachment / custom modification to an existing tomahawk or defender in the 1/60 scale? If not than I think I may do

just that as soon as I get mine in the mail. :D

I don't know how to even respond to this.

An original 1/60 scale Monster is kind of my dream collectable.

I would have to sell a kidney or something because I probably could not go beyond $600 or $700.

Or at least I would have a very hard time enjoying my dream collectable paying that giant 'SDF $2,300' amount . . .

It can't really cost as much as the 1/2000 SDF Macross. It would be an unassembled kit. Would be made from injection plastic instead of the HD resin they used for the Macross. Probably wouldn't have anywhere as much detailing either, or transform.

But then again, nor did the helmets. <_<

And it's a definite 'no sale' from me till they release the other two destroids. :angry:

Sometimes "official" announcements (of which there NEVER are when things are discontinued or put on hold) have to come via common sense. It's been forever since we've heard about this toy and none of us own it yet. That means it's officially on hold. Then you have to ask yourself "what does 'on hold' even mean?" It simply means you can't buy this thing yet and no one knows if or when you ever will. Could be February... could be December 2010.... could be never.

I know what you're saying. But part of me was hoping that if Yamato deemed the Tomahawk and Defender sales too little they might try to include a 'full ground crew" or "missile truck" or "maintenance bay" with the Phalanx to boost sales instead of just killing the line.

So say the Phalanx came with Part 1 of a 3 Part chain base / repair bay - do you think its sales would surpass the Tomahawk's?

This would take them some extra time to work out and develop, hence the long wait (or so I hope) . . .