The Matrix Revolutions: Final Part of the Trilogy

We will all see. This thread is to remain SPOILER FREE until Monday October 10th(to give people ample opportunity to go see it).

*Looks at timestamps. Looks at subject*

You're awesome Max Jenius!

*whistling*

I have read several mixed reviews about this movie and it seems the most dissapointing part is that people seem to expect the very same feeling than the first one, which is pretty hard to match since all the ideas and cause/effects have been already done. So the themes and ideologies evolve along the trilogy and in 'Revol' it gets deep a bit too deep for most. Most people have a hard time accepting this.

I also read some facts that the ideologies and metaphors given in the movie are hard to cop with and/or interpret properly. More confusion and "unsettled" scores...

I'll get my personal opinion when I get to see it...

Bah, having to be spoiler free "sucks!" Anyway, I just saw it a couple hours ago, and I'll say I did like it, though they did cop out with the closure. I'd say it's a modified Megazone 23 Prt II, setting up for a Megazone 23 Prt III style sequel!

Overall, I'm satisfied with the resolutions that were there though, but for a concluding chapter, it wasn't terribly conclusive. Perhaps that's to do with them trying to do an anime style "open ended" ending, but missing the whole point that closure is still required. I don't know, but I wouldn't mind an epilogue of some sort. Probably set some years after to match that MZ 23 Prt III style thing I think theyl'll go for.

More info once spoilers are allowed :)

I enjoyed it. It went a little dragon ball, but it was still good. I might go see it again after the hype dies down.

Heh, I thought so too, I was waiting for Neo to belt out "KAHHH-MEEEH-HAAAHHH-MEEEEEHHHH-HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Just got back from watching it....Pretty good action scenes, but nothing "revolutionary" (pun intended); stuff we've mostly seen before, both from the previous two movies and other sci-fis.

Like Keith said its kinda "open ended" which is why I probably liked the movie, though I think they could've done away with some of that overly repetitive [four letter word that starts with the letter 'L'] theme. It got to the point where I wanted to puke. But yeah, Its definitely a movie for guys who like to analyze and interpret everything from themes to concepts and open endings.

I have this gut feeling that this place will turn into a (NG Evangelion-like) personal interpretation thread once everone has seen the movie.

I saw it a few hrs ago and I liked it. I agree, the ending was somewhat of a let down, but no movie could even hope to live up to the expectattions the 1st two films created. I wish they would have come up with more explanation for a few of the characters ( Neo, The Merovigian, Smith) but oh well. If you haven't seen it, go see it. Oh yeah that fight b/ Neo and Smith was very Dragonball. BTW what trailers did you guys see. At the Theatre I was at before the film they showed the Animatrix aND A TRAILER OF bIll and Ted's Bogus adv. The trailers shown were Troy, Return of the King, and Dawn of the Dead( that Might have been during the Tx Chainsaw Massacre ---I saw that 2day as well.

I enjoyed it. It went a little dragon ball, but it was still good. I might go see it again after the hype dies down.

Heh, I thought so too, I was waiting for Neo to belt out "KAHHH-MEEEH-HAAAHHH-MEEEEEHHHH-HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

it reminded me more of Superman fighting Doomsday.

Yeah their fight was similar to supes vs Doomsday. When I was watching that whole scene I kept thinking the Wachowski bros set the bar pretty high for a possible superman movie. BTW Punisher and Resident evil were other trailerd I saw 2nite.

Edited by Golden Arms

I saw it a couple of hrs ago, and I must say I really enjoyed it! The only thing I thought weak was the ending...but it works. I've heard ppl say that Keanu Reeves can't act...let me tell you, in this movie there were some pretty believable parts in the movie...especially towards the end where Neo and Trinity make it to the...for one instance. I mean...frakk! Movies generally don't do that to ya...at least not to me. Anyway, I liked it. It was worth my $8.25. To any of you disbelievers/nay-sayers, go see it! My 2 cents. -_-

Edited by Oihan

First impressions:

- The siege of Zion was incredible. One hell of a roller coaster ride. This sequence along redeems the Zion rave/orgy scene. I was afraid this would suck but it turned out to be the best part of the movie.

- In many ways, Revolutions echos the first film. Not sure if it was done because of how Reloaded was so ill-received.

- All the "pretentious talks" are still there, in plenty of dosages as well. Not sure why many reviews said they were "gone". Too bad there weren't mindblowing revelations like Reloaded had.

- The replacement actress for The Oracle did a great job. She really did her homework getting the character down. If she acted like she did in the game then it'd have really sucked.

- I am having trouble with Agent Smith's last couple of lines - they seem to create some huge plot holes for the trilogy.

I saw Revolutions last night and, despite what may critics have said, I feel that it was an excellent ending to the the Matrix trilogy. It didn't have as much of a polished overall look/feel when compared to the previous two movies, but it still rocked. The fight scene b/w Neo and Smith looked as if it was inspired by Dragonball Z. I hope that they do another Animatrix that fleshes out Revolutions a little more and shows what happens after.

Finally saw it last night , I´ve gotta say , it was definitively a more decent sequel to The Matrix than Reloaded was , at least the directors didn´t waste time in nonsense. This movie has tons of memorable scenes which really reminds me of the original film , though I don´t think they´re as revolutionary as the first film (It wouldn´t make sense if they didn´t continue with the same style , if you know what I mean :) ).

It definitively didn´t go in-depth with all the concepts and the closure was a bit on the open-ended -though, certainly expected- side as it didn´t give you the same ¨awe effect¨ the first film seemed to have in terms of plot , but at end you realise that Reloaded was just a waste of time with the sole exception of the Architect scene , I mean , there was absolute no relevance to certain characters (persephone anyone ?).

A good quality movie ;)

I just watched it a couple of hours ago, and man did id ROCK

Did you see the Zion Battle? That was awesome! The APU's were great!

and...and.........did you see that battle at Zion? Man that was EXCELLENT!!! Yeah, the Zion battle, it was uber cool.

That battle at Zion, it was BAD@$$, and, and, and.....

Seriously though, the movie was "bleh"

Same old same old. Good thing I lowered my expectations of this movie. Having to be the last part of the trilogy, I was hoping it could "at least" tbe the saving grace of the franchise.

It wasn't

The Hell Club fight scene was like watching "stock footage" of the lobby fight in the first movie, and the rest, well, too anime for a live action movie.

My opinion of Revolution? 5/10. It wasn't as f*cked up as Reloaded, but still bad nonetheless.

Someone gimme back my US$1.50!!!!!

Edited by Omni Existence

I saw it after work last night. It was good, but definitely not great. There were several scenes/lines of dialogue that had the audience laughing, and not in a good way. Unlike in "Reloaded," the CGI was pretty darn seamless. There were no blatant moments where I thought, "now that's a cartoon." (Unlike the entire Neo/Smith brawl in "reloaded"). The defense of Zion battle is pretty sweet. The coat room gunfight we've seen already. The Neo/Smith showdown at the end was well done, but at that point I wasn't enthusiastic anymore. i wasn't bored or tired of it, but i no longer bought into the whole premise. That had to do with a number of plot/story choices that the Wachowski brothers made for this film (set up in Reloaded) that i just don't agree with. I'll go into that and some of the glaring plot holes on Monday when the spoiler embargo on the forum is lifted.

In all, Revolutions is a solid action movie that slipped into cliche occaisionally and didn't live up to the depth that was promised by the first film (and even Reloaded as well). It answers most of the questions posed in Reloaded, leaves several open to interpretation, and just plain ignores a few. Revolutions was not worth the $11.50 i spent here in Manhattan to see it on opening night, but I would've been fine with a $6 Saturday matinee.

Saw is yesterday. I liked it. I was more surprised they had more references to the game than Reloaded did. The fight reeked of DBZ though. The bus ride home with my boys was the funniest experiences I had in my life. We were basically messing with a boy about the Matrix we live in

PS: Didn't the movements of the Zion Mechs remind yall of ED-209 in RoboCop? I swear they used stop motion on them.

I thought the coat room scene was cool because I suddenly got that "Hey... this is just like that last level I just went thru" feeling. Very video gamish... There were a lot of "in the computer" feeling in the movie. It seemed like if you were living in the Matrix and you paid attn. you would figure out that something was not right. Especially that scene where Neo was trying to run out of the subway tunnel... that was hilarious.

Trust me this post was spoiler free, you have to see it to know what I'm talking about...

Yeah!

That scene was funny.

I was hoping Neo was going to somthing like "Whoa dude! That was wierd!"

Alas, I got no such pleasure.

The APU's were very fun. I hope McFarlane releases APU toys if ever a Revolutions linbe of toys will be made.

...and a Persephone (Monica Belluci's character) toy wearing that costume she was wearing in the club. :rolleyes:

We will all see. This thread is to remain SPOILER FREE until Monday November 10th(to give people ample opportunity to go see it).

THANKS for doing that!! I was hyperventalating every time I clicked on the thread for fear I would read something that would ruin it for me.

Max is my hero :wub: