Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

...which once again proves that Babelfish is next to useless.

The parts the kresphy highlighted say that the love triangle will (I think) be resolved, that the Valkyries will be shown in more fights in the atmosphere, and that both Ranka and Sheryl will have new songs.

Sweet!

I am now beginning to think the whole re-telling of the series has been reconsidered.

Wasn't the movie initially supposed to be released this month?

Doing a side story or a continuation would explain the summer release as well as Klan's greater role. There wasn't a whole lot they could add to her TV appearances. Hopefully it will be longer than some 1/2 hour money grab... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the translations guys... B))

Was rewatching the first episode, and I payed attention to the eyecatch (you know, the Nyan-nyan CM).

The text says:

"Thanks to you 50th anniversary MSG*

tuna mandu**

Zentoradon***

All sorts of party/banquet plans can be arranged"

*I'm not sure if it is intended to mean monosodium glutamate (in that case, 2008 would've had it's 100 year anniversary), the in-series 50th anniversary of the Nyan-nyan restuarant, MSG being shorthand for message (and it's thanking us viewers), or all of the above.

** which later shows up in the series as Ranka's faux breasts.

*** Technically it should be Zentora-don (Zentra-rice bowl). Funny play on words (Zentradi + donburi)

Was rewatching the first episode, and I payed attention to the eyecatch (you know, the Nyan-nyan CM).

The text says:

"Thanks to you 50th anniversary MSG*

tuna mandu**

Zentoradon***

All sorts of party/banquet plans can be arranged"

*I'm not sure if it is intended to mean monosodium glutamate (in that case, 2008 would've had it's 100 year anniversary), the in-series 50th anniversary of the Nyan-nyan restuarant, MSG being shorthand for message (and it's thanking us viewers), or all of the above.

** which later shows up in the series as Ranka's faux breasts.

*** Technically it should be Zentora-don (Zentra-rice bowl). Funny play on words (Zentradi + donburi)

I don't see the "MSG"... :unsure:

post-939-1234121722_thumb.png

post-939-1234121762_thumb.png

And I don't know about any of the other releases, but on both Shinsen and THORA's versions, all of that is subbed.

it'd be nice to have a japanese language online community like this then having to post in macross threads in 2chan or the macross.co.jp bbs.

■ 商品名:「一番くじプレミアム マクロスF」

■ 発売元:バンプレスト

■ 仕様:空くじ無しのくじ引き

■ 価格:1回800円

■ 発売: 2009年3月

http://kuji-club.jp/files/premium/macross_f/p/f.html

CM

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ_2gG17c7E

A賞 クラン・クラン

プレミアムフィギュア(4個)

B賞 シェリル・ノーム

プレミアムフィギュア(4個)

C賞 ランカ・リー

プレミアムフィギュア(4個)

D賞 娘娘どんぶり

全1種(10個)

E賞 スポーツタオル

全3種(24個)

F賞 きゅんきゃら

全4種(24個)

G賞 でふぉるめか

全5種(30個)

Edited by kresphy

Looks good!

I'm glad they're adding in these little touches and improving some of the less stellar stuff...(Pity they didn't do it with the original series).

Ah! I hate that kind of stuff. Its completely unecessary and alters history. ie the way we watched and enjoyed the show when it aired.

Ah! I hate that kind of stuff. Its completely unecessary and alters history. ie the way we watched and enjoyed the show when it aired.

Is your initial experience so sacrosanct that touching up a few minutes ruins it for you?

If so, you have the low-quality TV rips of the show, don't you? I kind of wish they could've done it with SDFM...it would have been nice to see a competently animated Max/Millia knife duel...but I think that time has passed.

Updating a classic like Star Wars 20 years after release while changing major story points at the same time = lose.

Updating a tv series at points where the budget ran out only 6 months after its end without changing story points = win.

What's bad is updating Ghost in the Shell replacing all the beautiful hand-drawn images with run of the mill cgi.

Edited by DarkReaper

Updating a classic like Star Wars 20 years after release while changing major story points at the same time = lose.

Updating a tv series at points where the budget ran out only 6 months after its end without changing story points = win.

What's bad is updating Ghost in the Shell replacing all the beautiful hand-drawn images with run of the mill cgi.

Hear, hear! You have my vote.

Edited by Mr March

Agreed on the 1st count. Not so much on the 2nd.

I liked the tweeks they did in GITS in terms of lighting and some effects but i hate that they replaced the Kusanagi in the first act with a 3D version. It ruins the whole scene for me.

I am one of those that has yet to understand WHY they did the opening of GITS SAC in 3D and actually prefer the temporary opening they had in the first couple of broadcat episodes. They shoul have kept that. Why do a full 3D opening for a (mostly) hand drawn show? Its the same in that scene in GITS. A 3D scene mixed with hand drawn animation... it just doesn't work. And its not even good 3D animation like Appleseed or Vexille.

The 3D Kusanagi in the diving scene is more subtle but they should have kept the hand drawn Kusanagi in both scenes, i would like 2.0 a lot more if they had.

Don't get me wrong, i still think the original GITS is a masterpice. 2.0 is just another way of looking at it.

SHERYL NOME is #1 in Newtype's favorite girls poll?!?!? DECULTURE!

Ranka and Klan places at a respective #3 and #9.

Alto is at #4 in the favorite guys list.

post-31-1234429972_thumb.jpg

Edited by UN Spacy

SHERYL NOME is #1 in Newtype's favorite girls poll?!?!? DECULTURE!

Ranka and Klan places at a respective #3 and #9.

Alto is at #4 in the favorite guys list.

Erm... what month is that from? The 2009.02 issue has:

all of... Sheryl at 5th place and going down.

Macross F was at 8th place (formerly 6th) on the most popular anime.

Macross F was 2nd (from 14th) on the DVD top 10 @ 17,426 discs.

Macross F OST 2 was at 3rd (from 47th) on the CD album top 10 @ 19,598 discs.

Macross F OST 1 was at 10th (from 108th) on the CD album top 10 @ 7,802 discs (reentry???)

Macross F's "Raion" was at first on the mobile phone melody top 10

Macross F is 3rd on the animation "anime" distribution top 10

... all of which is a snapshot of the 08.11 or end of Nov, early Dec period.

Erm... what month is that from? The 2009.02 issue has:

all of... Sheryl at 5th place and going down.

Macross F was at 8th place (formerly 6th) on the most popular anime.

Well, zooming in the picture it is written that Sheryl was previously 5th and Macross F was 8th.

FV

Edited by Final Vegeta

It could be an indicator of those watching the DVD releases.

IIRC Sheryl is going through her "character transformation" arc in the episodes recently released. A very sympathetic time for her in the series.

It could be an indicator of those watching the DVD releases.

IIRC Sheryl is going through her "character transformation" arc in the episodes recently released. A very sympathetic time for her in the series.

This is a good point. IIRC, Frontier had a very late timeslot, but the readership of those magazines is normally teenagers?

In that case it could be assumed that the readership of that magazine could have been exposed just now to the amazingness which is Sheryl, hence her jump to number one. B))

This is a good point. IIRC, Frontier had a very late timeslot, but the readership of those magazines is normally teenagers?

In that case it could be assumed that the readership of that magazine could have been exposed just now to the amazingness which is Sheryl, hence her jump to number one. B))

Teenagers in Japan have the internet too, y'know. <_<

I doubt many people are being exposed to Sheryl's amazingness...I'm sure most are being re-exposed to it.

No, he's not saying that at all.

I know of one middle school student of mine who liked Macross F, and only saw it using the internet.

Didn't MBS do what most US networks are now doing, show the episode again via web streaming video?

Yo, I was wondering if anyone has a translation the interview of Kawamori talking about the movie adaptation of Frontier.

BTW, is it a redesign of the story like DYRL was? Or is it going to be a sequel?

DYRL - style.

Was there a new interview with Kawamori?