Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

not the triangle resolution again...

What triangle resolution? When did that happen......? :lol: :lol:

Taksraven

(BTW, and I know that I have been partly responsible for stuffing this up myself, but I think that if we work hard at it we can take this thread even further off-topic, how about it??)

Edited by taksraven

Can we stop teasing KlangForever about this? Although he should be happy that the new movie will revolve around Klan.

Which reminds me to an important fact that probably most of you guys forget, most heroine in Maacross series can sing, so the new Frontier Movie will probably featuring a singing Klang-Klang! :ph34r:

most heroine in Maacross series can sing, so the new Frontier Movie will probably featuring a singing Klang-Klang! :ph34r:

My virgin ears.... The fact that Megumi Toyoguchi has only so many singing credits to her name probably says something...

Since you are not interested in the complaints of the "raging fanbase", I wonder how I should rank your perceptions of said fanbases complaints in that era. I was quite active in BtVS fandom back then, and remember the flamewars well.

I recall there being complaints about season 6 when it was airing. There will always be complaints about any show. But you make it sound like there was a universal rejection of the show by "the fans" which is simply not true and something I don't believe.

To bring this back on topic with a Macross example, I think people on forums have a problem of scale when it comes to the reception of a show. Just because you visit a couple of forums where a lot of people are having flame wars about a show, it doesn't translate to a massive repudiation of that show in ratings/sales across the country or the world. With Macross Frontier as an example, you had 4chan's /m/ forum raging about the show constantly since the beginning. To hear it from some of those people, Frontier is the worst piece of garbage ever put to film and not worthy of any merit. I've seen the same kind of complaints from very biased pro-Robotech people. But the arguments of these two segments of fans hardly translates to a widescale rejection of the series.

Can we stop teasing KlangForever about this? Although he should be happy that the new movie will revolve around Klan.

Which reminds me to an important fact that probably most of you guys forget, most heroine in Maacross series can sing, so the new Frontier Movie will probably featuring a singing Klang-Klang! :ph34r:

Forget the singing. Megumi Toyoguchi has more range than that...

...see what I mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpTpm1SS2hU

Just copying over this post from Westlo from the AnimeSuki forums, because I am so happy that Macross Frontier seems to be doing so well. :) :

Some Blueray sales are now in so for interests sake we can compare the 3 big selling titles of 2008 properly now

Macross Frontier

Vol 1 = 61,884 (34,742 BR, 27,142 DVD)

Vol 2 = 48,169 (27,137 BR, 21,032 DVD)

Vol 3 = 46,087 (25,479 BR, 20,608 DVD)

Vol 4 = 42,567 (22,731 BR, 19,836 DVD)

Code Geass R2

Vol 1 = 59,041 (19,134 BR, 39,907 DVD)

Vol 2 = 46,717 (16,014 BR, 30,703 DVD)

Vol 3 = 43,330 (14,986 BR, 28,344 DVD)

Vol 4 = 39,888 (13,520 BR, 26,368 DVD)

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Blueray release came out after DVD release)

Vol 1 = 50,631 (8,216 BR, 42,415 DVD)

Vol 2 = 41,380 (6,021 BR, 35,359 DVD)

Vol 3 = 38,035 (5,179 BR, 32,856 DVD)

Vol 4 = 35,456 (4,734 BR, 30,722 DVD)

only problem for me with buffy in the later seasons was that she got f*cking skinny and ugly, she was so cute in the beginning

ok, on topic...

I say that Kawamori has never take into consideration what fan say, after SDFM, he was so fedd up about people asking about Hikaru and Misa that he had pretty much left to say that they died a horrible day, in Macross 7 he did whatever he wanted, as well as Zero, and Plus and Frontier.... so I'm pretty sure he'll do in the movie whatever he envisioned in the first place...

Just copying over this post from Westlo from the AnimeSuki forums, because I am so happy that Macross Frontier seems to be doing so well. :) :

Great news! thanks for sharing.

I'm sure it could have been doing just as well in America if released, too bad :(

Just for ask

those numbers includes international sales, or it's just Japan?

They are only on sale in Japan in the first place. Now how many of those went overseas through the online stores we may never know. Somehow I don't think the production and DVD companies care that much to go into that much detail, just the overall numbers to make themselves look good.

Got around to picking up the Newtype #2 (February 2009) issue.

Re: the movie:

Title: Macross F Theatrical Version (temporary (name))

Release: Planned for public release in 2009.

Kinda underwhelming, eh?

Looks like it's being marketed on her fame from Macross Frontier... heh.

Well OF COURSE it is...she had three singles that went nowhere, but then her Macross stuff jumped into the top 5. I'd capitalize on it, too! (And those albums are being sold in Akihabara.)

For me at least, while Yoko Kanno is the primary reason why Frontier's music is so good, May'n and Megumi Nakajima were excellent choices to do the singing, and the songs wouldn't be half as good without them.

I mean, I like Maaya Sakamoto a lot, too, but I can't imagine "Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't Be Late" sung by her...May'n MAKES that song.

Well OF COURSE it is...she had three singles that went nowhere, but then her Macross stuff jumped into the top 5. I'd capitalize on it, too! (And those albums are being sold in Akihabara.)

For me at least, while Yoko Kanno is the primary reason why Frontier's music is so good, May'n and Megumi Nakajima were excellent choices to do the singing, and the songs wouldn't be half as good without them.

I mean, I like Maaya Sakamoto a lot, too, but I can't imagine "Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't Be Late" sung by her...May'n MAKES that song.

Haha yea May'N has a great voice. I really like Maaya Sakamoto's Ame ga Furu in Linebarrel of Iron though.

Going by the latest Newtype, all three have new albums being released. Though, of the three, only Sakamoto is being plugged with no connection to Macross F. May'n and Nakajima... well, they're new albums are one-third of the Macross F article in the issue...

Isn't EVERYTHING sold in Akihabara? :p

Going by the latest Newtype, all three have new albums being released. Though, of the three, only Sakamoto is being plugged with no connection to Macross F. May'n and Nakajima... well, they're new albums are one-third of the Macross F article in the issue...

Hmmm...that's strange. Maaya Sakamoto's new album opens with a vocal version of Frontier BGM, and it also has her (exquisite) version of "Blue Aether." And of course, it has "Triangler" on it.

So it's not what you would call an album saturated in Frontier, but the links are there.

By the way, I'm listening to "May'n Street" right now, and it's pretty damn good so far. I'm only on track three, but so far it sounds like a nice blend of the R&B sound of her earlier singles with the pop/rock/disco Sheryl sound.

Macross Launch Ceremony Event News update....

http://www.animecenter.jp/eng/200901/12153931.php

Sigh...... Why? WHY do they make it so DIFFICULT??!? :angry:

More Information on Macross Akiba Event February 22, 2009

There is more information on the Macross Super Dimension Space Lift Off Ceremony (the one that was first reported on the 12/26 entry for the official Macross Frontier website):

Date: February 22, 2009 (Sunday)

Location: The Akiba Square located within the Akihabara UDX Building

How to get tickets:

A "stamp rally" will be held from February 7, 2009 to February 22, 2009. After buying a stamp book, the participant must collect stamps from participating stores in and around Akihabara by buying merchandise or food at those stores. After sending in the completed book, the person will then be entered into a drawing for a ticket to the event.

More information on the stamp rally will be announced next week.

And, more up to date:

http://www.macrossf.com/information/others.html

アニメセンターで抽選!

3つのスタンプを集めたら「東京アニメセンター」の抽選コーナーにて、抽選。

抽選で計1000名様にイベント入場券をプレゼント! 

※イベントの指定はできませんので、予めご了承下さい。

◆ダイダロス賞 「第一部 超時空進宙式典」入場券 500名様

セレモニー&ミニライブで、SDF-1マクロス艦の宇宙出航の瞬間をリアルに体感!

中島愛(めぐみ)ほか、超豪華ゲストが登場予定!

◆プロメテウス賞 「第二部 超時空トークショー」入場券 500名様

Aパート:河森正治×美樹本晴彦×宮武一貴

Bパート:中村悠一×遠藤綾×中島愛×河森正治

So, to summarize:

You have to buy a poster at the Anime Center, then use the little paper that comes with it to participate in the Stamp Rally, upon completion of which you can enter a draw, and if you win you can attend the EITHER the Macross launch ceremony event or a special talk show with Kawamori, Miyatake, Mikimoto.... and the other non-important guys (Frontier cast :p ). AND YOU DON'T EVEN GET TO CHOOSE WHICH ONE YOU WILL ATTEND!!

Argh.

Macross Launch Ceremony Event News update....

http://www.animecenter.jp/eng/200901/12153931.php

Sigh...... Why? WHY do they make it so DIFFICULT??!? :angry:

More Information on Macross Akiba Event February 22, 2009

There is more information on the Macross Super Dimension Space Lift Off Ceremony (the one that was first reported on the 12/26 entry for the official Macross Frontier website):

Date: February 22, 2009 (Sunday)

Location: The Akiba Square located within the Akihabara UDX Building

How to get tickets:

A "stamp rally" will be held from February 7, 2009 to February 22, 2009. After buying a stamp book, the participant must collect stamps from participating stores in and around Akihabara by buying merchandise or food at those stores. After sending in the completed book, the person will then be entered into a drawing for a ticket to the event.

More information on the stamp rally will be announced next week.

And, more up to date:

http://www.macrossf.com/information/others.html

アニメセンターで抽選!

3つのスタンプを集めたら「東京アニメセンター」の抽選コーナーにて、抽選。

抽選で計1000名様にイベント入場券をプレゼント! 

※イベントの指定はできませんので、予めご了承下さい。

◆ダイダロス賞 「第一部 超時空進宙式典」入場券 500名様

セレモニー&ミニライブで、SDF-1マクロス艦の宇宙出航の瞬間をリアルに体感!

中島愛(めぐみ)ほか、超豪華ゲストが登場予定!

◆プロメテウス賞 「第二部 超時空トークショー」入場券 500名様

Aパート:河森正治×美樹本晴彦×宮武一貴

Bパート:中村悠一×遠藤綾×中島愛×河森正治

So, to summarize:

You have to buy a poster at the Anime Center, then use the little paper that comes with it to participate in the Stamp Rally, upon completion of which you can enter a draw, and if you win you can attend the EITHER the Macross launch ceremony event or a special talk show with Kawamori, Miyatake, Mikimoto.... and the other non-important guys (Frontier cast :p ). AND YOU DON'T EVEN GET TO CHOOSE WHICH ONE YOU WILL ATTEND!!

Argh.

LAAAAAAAAAAAME.

I say if you come dressed as a member of Fire Bomber, you should get automatic entrance into any event you want.

:lol: :lol:

Thanks, Sketchley.

I say if you come dressed as a member of Fire Bomber, you should get automatic entrance into any event you want.

Well, that should be de facto for any day of the year, let alone a Macross Launch Ceremony. B))

:lol: :lol:

Thanks, Sketchley.

Well, that should be de facto for any day of the year, let alone a Macross Launch Ceremony. B))

Yes, yes it should.

So should marching around Akiba singing "Tostugeki Loveheart."

(I saw a youtube video showing that about a year ago...unfortunately, I can't seem to find it now... :unsure: )