Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

To wit:

Alto reacting to Lalamias death old shot:

vlcsnap242446ry6.th.pngvlcsnap240270mu3.th.png

Alto reacting to Lalamias death new shot:

vlcsnap243519oh5.th.pngvlcsnap241250tc0.th.png

Looks good!

I'm glad they're adding in these little touches and improving some of the less stellar stuff...(Pity they didn't do it with the original series).

I've noticed that whenever Kawamori DOESN'T work on an Armored Core game, the mechs end up being bland.

For instance...

In AC1, the scariest looking thing was the absurdly fast-moving Devastator. Which you could sit on top of and slam with the KARASAWA rifle.

In Last Raven, we got cheap Pulverizers which seem to enjoy suicide runs on you when you destroy them.(I beat the bipedal one in the city without taking any major hits, and just before it blows up, it slams into my AC's upper core, and I lost the head unit).

In AC4, we got giant four-legged Kojima cannons and a tunneler robot thing.

Now, compare that with Stinger's Vixen(pwn) and Phantasma from PP, Nineball Seraph from MoA, weird flying giant MT from 3, IBIS from SL, "???" Nineball-esque mech from Nexus, and the arm forts(especially Answerer and Spirit of Mother Will) from For Answer.

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

Looks good!

I'm glad they're adding in these little touches and improving some of the less stellar stuff...(Pity they didn't do it with the original series).

Maybe they are re-animating all these bits because they will be used in the movie?? While that is a good thing for the blu-ray/dvd, it doesn't bode well for the movie...

It's a damn shame that Raramia and Nene got NO character development.

This is exactly why I don't like a lot of Frontier's secondary cast. What a waste of Pixie Squadron.

I was never confused about that. :p You just had to pay attention. ;)

I think people had trouble paying attention to the members of Pixie Squadron, since they kept staring at the two most prominent commanding officers of Pixie Squadron.

Pete

I've noticed that whenever Kawamori DOESN'T work on an Armored Core game, the mechs end up being bland.

For instance...

In AC1, the scariest looking thing was the absurdly fast-moving Devastator. Which you could sit on top of and slam with the KARASAWA rifle.

In Last Raven, we got cheap Pulverizers which seem to enjoy suicide runs on you when you destroy them.(I beat the bipedal one in the city without taking any major hits, and just before it blows up, it slams into my AC's upper core, and I lost the head unit).

In AC4, we got giant four-legged Kojima cannons and a tunneler robot thing.

Now, compare that with Stinger's Vixen(pwn) and Phantasma from PP, Nineball Seraph from MoA, weird flying giant MT from 3, IBIS from SL, "???" Nineball-esque mech from Nexus, and the arm forts(especially Answerer and Spirit of Mother Will) from For Answer.

Wrong thread. This ir the Macross Frontier news thread, not an AC thread.

In addition to my previous post. That new depiction of Raramia is miles better than anything we have ever seen of her before, and there are some significant stylistic changes done to her face. It might indeed be an example of the new character designs for the movie.

Just got the Macross Frontier Official Fan Book by Gakken... haven't been able to check it out completely (I'm @ work) but I noticed it has many illustrations that have appeared before in magazines (sans text) and... finally a bit of mecha line art, mainly cockpits and an explanation of how the EX fits inside.

Apparently there'll be a "Macross All Song" book being released in March.

Just got the Macross Frontier Official Fan Book by Gakken... haven't been able to check it out completely (I'm @ work) but I noticed it has many illustrations that have appeared before in magazines (sans text) and... finally a bit of mecha line art, mainly cockpits and an explanation of how the EX fits inside.

Apparently there'll be a "Macross All Song" book being released in March.

Got my copy yesterday as well, not bad, but still not much mecha lineart.

Still waiting for the definitive Frontier mecha lineart book and complete Frontier BGM collection CD.

Graham

It's a damn shame that Raramia and Nene got NO character development.

This is exactly why I don't like a lot of Frontier's secondary cast. What a waste of Pixie Squadron.

Indeed. Hopefully this will be fixed with the movie which promises to expand more on Klan ...and indirectly pixie squadron.

Got my copy yesterday as well, not bad, but still not much mecha lineart.

Still waiting for the definitive Frontier mecha lineart book and complete Frontier BGM collection CD.

Graham

Hopefully it will eventually come out. How long did it take for TIAS MacPlus to be released after Mac Plus?

Looks like another singing contest.

I wish the internet would hurry up and progress to the point where we could have inter-active singing contests on Macross world.

What with song being such an important element of Macross, it would be cool to have a "Listen to My Song!" thread where we could just stream or download members singing.

Pete

I wish the internet would hurry up and progress to the point where we could have inter-active singing contests on Macross world.

What with song being such an important element of Macross, it would be cool to have a "Listen to My Song!" thread where we could just stream or download members singing.

Pete

Heh Pete, that honestly has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever read.

I can think of nothing worse than having to listen to fat, sweaty fanboys sing badly out of tune karaoke renditions of Totsugeki Love Heart.

My ears are already bleeding just at the thought.

Graham

Heh Pete, that honestly has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever read.

I can think of nothing worse than having to listen to fat, sweaty fanboys sing badly out of tune karaoke renditions of Totsugeki Love Heart.

My ears are already bleeding just at the thought.

Graham

That said, the idea of fat, sweaty fanboys singing "Zero-G Love" is downright hysterical! ^_^

That said, the idea of fat, sweaty fanboys singing "Zero-G Love" is downright hysterical! ^_^

What about a skinny, sexy fangirls singing "Zero-G Love" while showering, I bet most member will approved it. :lol:

And like Pete said, by that time the singing contest is held, he would disguise himself in Minmay avatar or Basara avatar. ^_^

I wish MW will held a contest for members and giving some them chance of winning MF merchandises. :rolleyes: