Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Soo... sorry if the only reason this isn't being discussed is because everyone but me knows the answer but...

Any news about the Macross: Frontier movie? Do we have any idea when it will come out? What - if any - design changes to the VF-25 there will be etc etc?

Pete

Soo... sorry if the only reason this isn't being discussed is because everyone but me knows the answer but...

Any news about the Macross: Frontier movie? Do we have any idea when it will come out? What - if any - design changes to the VF-25 there will be etc etc?

Pete

There isn't much news, other than:

1)Its coming out in June

2)There will be (minor) changes to the VF-25

3)Klan Klang will have a bigger role

The much talked about Macross Frontier movie may dump songstress favourites Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome in favour of Klan Klein as leading role, claims Newtype…

The news comes by way of interviews given with the director and other production staff in Newtype, and Newtype goes so far as to emblazon the doubts on their cover (doubtless a shrewd marketing move).

The director himself is clearly a Klan fan: “I’d like to make a TV series with Klan”. Others go on to talk about how appreciators of Klan will be well served in the movie edition, with an expansion of her role.

However, they are sparing with the details, and it looks as if Ranka and Sheryl will manage to retain the limelight, especially as we are given to understand the movie will be partially a recap.

Some speculate that Klan may get a new segment to herself, whilst the main story is unchanged… Whatever the case, it looks like fans of the character will be well served.

Source is here: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/01/11/m...for-klan-klein/

WARNING: SOURCE CONTAINS NUDE IMAGES.

Now, I swear to God I was just searching for more infor about the Mega House Ranka 1:8 and happened to come upon this. I have no idea how reliable the sight is, or the news for that matter. But hey ho. There you go.

Sorry if it's already been posted.

Pete

Source is here: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/01/11/m...for-klan-klein/

WARNING: SOURCE CONTAINS NUDE IMAGES.

Now, I swear to God I was just searching for more infor about the Mega House Ranka 1:8 and happened to come upon this. I have no idea how reliable the sight is, or the news for that matter. But hey ho. There you go.

Sorry if it's already been posted.

Pete

It has, still, maybe the increased importance of Klan is an admission that moe-Ranka has failed and they need another character to attract all the lolicons? Or maybe Klan was chosen because she can attract two types of fans at the same time?

I think it's an exageration. I'm willing to bet that COMPARED to Ranka and Sheryl, Klan gets proportionally more screen time in the movie - which might even make it SEEM like she's the star. That or maybe it'll be a POV thing?

Personally, I think it's a smart move. Why? Because Klan was kind of in the sidelines in Frontier - and the series is strong enough on its' own merits (animation and story wise) that a movie focused heavily on Ranka/Sheryl would not be very amazing - I mean - what? They're going to animate them better? You can't really get better than what we got in Frontier anyways. And just retelling the story would be dull, while altering it massively would be wanky. So... it is sensible then to POV the story via Klan, or to focus more heavily on Klan.

We'll see...

Oh - and hopefully this means we can expect a Quid Rau in 1/72 scale from Bandai :)

Pete

Well if Klang does got her scream time in the movie, I wonder if it will included a love triangle between Klang-Michael-????. Being a Macross movie, MF the movie must have triangle story element, singing heroine, and valk action.

Anyone knows what "minor changes" they will added to the VF-25? Don't tell me is another type of FAST pack so they can add more line to the VF-25 1/72 1/60 series...

hmm...I bet the VF-25 will be change to look like the DX so this time it will be anime accurate

Duddddee... don't give Bandai any ideas! I'd be pissed if they retconned the grace of the original into something pudgy like the DX! The toy should match the anime, not the other way round!

As for the 'minor changes' to the VF-25, it's only for the -25S. The cow's head changes to what it should have been all along - the good old Jolly Rogers! :D

I wish. B))

Taksraven

Translation: main sponsor Bandai is pushing for the VF-25 to look like their toy so crazy fanboys quit bitching about it :ph34r:

I don't think so-- afterall the fans in Japan seem happy with the design. What I think is the real translation is: Main Sponsor Bandai is pushing for a re-colour/ slight parts changes so that they can sell both TV version and Movie Version toys--- look at how well that worked out for Yamato's VF-1s! They wouldn't even have to change their moulds if it was just a recolour.

Edited by edwin3060

For those interested: an ad in Macross Ace has revealed the full kanji for Saotome Alto's name:

It is 早乙女有人。

Could be a typo because so far this is the only instance of this that I have seen.

I don't think so-- afterall the fans in Japan seem happy with the design. What I think is the real translation is: Main Sponsor Bandai is pushing for a re-colour/ slight parts changes so that they can sell both TV version and Movie Version toys--- look at how well that worked out for Yamato's VF-1s! They wouldn't even have to change their moulds if it was just a recolour.

I told you guys.... :rolleyes:

It's gonna be like DYRL - new paint jobs to sell more merch from the same molds... :lol:

I'm expecting the traditional black and colored stripes like before, possibly some back art like Ozma's for the hero valks... ;)

For those interested: an ad in Macross Ace has revealed the full kanji for Saotome Alto's name:

It is 早乙女有人。

Could be a typo because so far this is the only instance of this that I have seen.

That's interesting... even his name looks quite feminised! (In Kanji at least)

Zinjo: Problem is, SK already went with the DYRL style black and colour stripes for the MacF TV release... so maybe he's going back to the SDFM style for the movie release? ^_^

It is 早乙女有人。

Actually I've heard about that before, but I didn't bother. Besides, it's too far off to be a typo :lol: It's Yujin Saotome?

That's interesting... even his name looks quite feminised! (In Kanji at least)

Zinjo: Problem is, SK already went with the DYRL style black and colour stripes for the MacF TV release... so maybe he's going back to the SDFM style for the movie release? ^_^

Actually it was more of a hybrid.

The VF-25G and RVF-25 are both reminiscent of SDFM's VF-1J's that Max and Millia flew, with the white striped colored fuselages.

I am expecting a generic color scheme like DYRL with the possibility of wing art like Ozma's. These are civilian's afterall. There would be no military restrictions (so to speak) on personalizing one's aircraft.

The other extreme would be to go with the white stripes on a colored fuselage.

It's all about the merchandizing, so anything to make the existing kits look differently to sell more is to be expected. Bandai is taking a page out of the Hasegawa play book. How many different variants of the VF-0, VF-1 & VF19's does Hasegawa have in the market right now?

All these variants are based on the same model molds, the only differences are in the decals and color schemes. Pretty clever from a business point of view... ;)

http://www.presepe.jp/m44/show/id/BRJC0HadkXQ=

http://www.macrossf.com/information/others.html#others85

◆「超時空トークショー」(入場券必要)

<第一部:「超時空要塞マクロス」誕生秘話!>

河森正治(バルキリーデザイン)×美樹本晴彦(キャラクターデザイン)×宮武一貴氏(メカデザイン)

27年を経てもなお続く、壮大なストーリー誕生の瞬間を語って頂きます!

<第二部:どーなる?!「マクロスF」劇場版>

中村悠一(アルト役)×遠藤綾(シェリル役)×中島愛(ランカ役)×河森正治(総監督)

劇場版制作発表後、未だベールにつつまれる「劇場版」総監督の構想にキャストが迫る!

「超時空進宙式典」(入場券が必要です)

アニメ第1話のあのシーンを追体験できる!

セレモニー&ライブで、SDF-1マクロス艦の宇宙出航の瞬間をリアルに体感!

羽佐間道夫(グローバル艦長役)、速水奨(マックス役)、神奈延年(バサラ役)ら

超豪華ゲストが登場予定!中島愛によるミニライブも予定。

this SDF-1 is TV version??????????????????

6959.jpg

and MF's ……%¥&¥ by TMA

コスプレイヤー Frontier

¥3.990(税込)

04月24日発売

Cosplay Frontier

Actress: Saotome Rui + Hamasaki Rio

Apr.24, 2009 release

早乙女ルイ BLOG

http://blog.livedoor.jp/saotome_rui

http://blog.livedoor.jp/saotome_rui/archiv...008-12.html?p=2

浜崎りお BLOG