Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

I'm obviously not a fan because I don't know who all these Japanese people are you all are spouting out. :p I know Mari Iijima and May'N but that's it. :(

Dude, Yoshiki Fukuyama is the singing voice of Nekki Basara.

He, Masaaki Endo and Hironobu Kagayama all belong to a rock band called JAM Project which produces the most hot blood songs ever.

I'm obviously not a fan because I don't know who all these Japanese people are you all are spouting out. :p I know Mari Iijima and May'N but that's it. :(

You don't know Megumi Nakajimia!? :o

:p

Edited by DeX-kun

Anyone wishing for Macross Tribute II? I'd like to see Yoshiki Fukuyama and Masaaki Endo (or Hironobu Kageyama) sing a manly duet of Lion.

I think my blood will boil and cook me inside out from the sheer garness of a fukuyama x endoh version of Lion. :ph34r: Hell add in Kageyama for good measure.

I just picked up Volume 3 of the Frontier comic.

I have to say that Hayato Aoki's art for the series has improved by leaps and bounds. It's still not great (and Noshi, the artist of "Macross F: Secret Visions" is better, I think), but it's nowhere near as just-below-average as the first volume was.

I also liked that he didn't destroy the Global right away, but had a big ol' Macross vs. Macross battle.

Now I'm curious: Global vs Galaxy or Frontier or Quarter??? How could that happen?

The Vajra, don't smash up the Global when they launch...instead they, launch it along with their other ships. So yes, there's a big Quarter vs. Global battle in the comic.

Now, Vajra driving the Global doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but the scene itself is pretty awesome.

The Vajra, don't smash up the Global when they launch...instead they, launch it along with their other ships. So yes, there's a big Quarter vs. Global battle in the comic.

Now, Vajra driving the Global doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but the scene itself is pretty awesome.

Thanks! I must start getting copies of this comic (I already appreciated the VF1J in vol.1) ^_^

... this makes me wonder. Generally speaking, comic adaptations like this are generally done (at least in the beginning) with the original script for the shows, and that explains the little discrepancies. So, maybe this narration includes scenes intended for the TV series that, due to time constraints or directorial decisions, haven't been animated.

Edited by Nexx Stalker

If you don't mind me asking, what episodes would this have covered if it were animated? I'm just really curious as to what episodes this would have been.

If you don't mind me asking, what episodes would this have covered if it were animated? I'm just really curious as to what episodes this would have been.

Episode 13 - episode 14 I think, since the they discovered the Global back in 12.

Thanks! I must start getting copies of this comic (I already appreciated the VF1J in vol.1) ^_^

... this makes me wonder. Generally speaking, comic adaptations like this are generally done (at least in the beginning) with the original script for the shows, and that explains the little discrepancies. So, maybe this narration includes scenes intended for the TV series that, due to time constraints or directorial decisions, haven't been animated.

I kind of doubt it here...the comic moves pretty fast compared to the TV series. The first two volumes (eight chapters) cover episodes 1~10, and the latest volume ends with scenes from episode 18. I think two more volumes, and they'll be done. Five volumes for a 25-episode TV series is pretty compact...the Evangelion comic cut out A LOT from the show, and, currently at volume 11, still isn't finished.

Yeah, what REbirth said. It's episode 14. Just before Brera rescues Ranka.

Infested Global vs Macross Quarter = win

I hope they use that in the movie... B))

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Infested Global vs Macross Quarter = win

I hope they use that in the movie... B))

I kind of hope they do, too. As I said, the artist is improving, but he's still not quite up to snuff in my estimation. And the whole fight is way too short.

Picked it up today.

The sequence is an interesting way to both truncate the blowing up of Gallia 4 and the following battle with the Frontier Fleet into a sequence that is both new, interesting and quite a big twist. Kudos for the writer for that.

Again, the art is... nothing special (where are the backgrounds? The set-up shots? Why are the mecha bent?) Hopefully, he'll keep improving. At least to the point that mecha stops being bent. :lol:

I kind of hope they do, too. As I said, the artist is improving, but he's still not quite up to snuff in my estimation. And the whole fight is way too short.

Hmm... I don't really know about that. I perhaps see some slight improvement in his art but not really that much. Then again there really isn't going to be that much time left for him to improve since the manga story is moving along very rapidly.

I still can't get a hold of the mangas(either they kept selling out or they're just not bringing them in) but the latest Shonen Ace issue is at the part where Ranka is presented at the news conference as their saviour and main weapon against the Varjra. The chapter ends with the Sheryl in the rain sequence from the series, which turns out slightly different.

So following the episodes from the tv series, it means that the story is well past the halfway mark already and could be concluded within 1-2 volumes? It really looks like they're rushing through it as quickly as possible.

Hmm... I don't really know about that. I perhaps see some slight improvement in his art but not really that much. Then again there really isn't going to be that much time left for him to improve since the manga story is moving along very rapidly.

I still can't get a hold of the mangas(either they kept selling out or they're just not bringing them in) but the latest Shonen Ace issue is at the part where Ranka is presented at the news conference as their saviour and main weapon against the Varjra. The chapter ends with the Sheryl in the rain sequence from the series, which turns out slightly different.

So following the episodes from the tv series, it means that the story is well past the halfway mark already and could be concluded within 1-2 volumes? It really looks like they're rushing through it as quickly as possible.

Yeah, I think five volumes seems to be what they're aiming for.

As for Aoki's art quality, I think the characters are actually beginning to LOOK like the characters, and not a bunch of 7-year-olds cosplaying. The mecha still isn't all that great, though.

That said, when he does a humorous story, like the "Macross F Outside Story" in Macross Ace, I think his art style is perfect.

(...) I think the characters are actually beginning to LOOK like the characters, and not a bunch of 7-year-olds cosplaying. (...)

:lol: I'm having a flashback of Captain Wilder. Other than the clothes and the name... not even the facial hair...

Yeah, I think five volumes seems to be what they're aiming for.

As for Aoki's art quality, I think the characters are actually beginning to LOOK like the characters, and not a bunch of 7-year-olds cosplaying. The mecha still isn't all that great, though.

That said, when he does a humorous story, like the "Macross F Outside Story" in Macross Ace, I think his art style is perfect.

Are there going to be scans? ^_^

Are there going to be scans? ^_^

From me? Yes.

It'll be the first thing I tackle after I finish SDF Macross, Dreaming Prelude, White Reminiscences, the SDFM novelization trilogy, Miss DJ, Distantly Fading Memories, Macross Love, Macross Classic, DYRL, the DYRL novelization, FB2012, Macross the First, Macross II, the Macross II comic, the Macross II novels, Macross Plus, the Macross Plus novel, Macross 7, the Macross 7 drama albums, the Macross 7 and Plus movies, Macross Dynamite 7, the Macross Dynamite 7 novels, Mylene Beat, Macross Generation, and Macross Zero.

So expect scans sometime in 2013. ^_^

Edited by Gubaba

From me? Yes.

It'll be the first thing I tackle after I finish SDF Macross, Dreaming Prelude, White Reminiscences, the SDFM novelization trilogy, Miss DJ, Distantly Fading Memories, Macross Love, Macross Classic, DYRL, the DYRL novelization, FB2012, Macross the First, Macross II, the Macross II comic, the Macross II novels, Macross Plus, the Macross Plus novel, Macross 7, the Macross 7 drama albums, the Macross 7 and Plus movies, Macross Dynamite 7, the Macross Dynamite 7 novels, Mylene Beat, Macross Generation, and Macross Zero.

Wow, you're that slow? ^_^

From me? Yes.

I guess I'll just wait for the movie first and then for your scans...well by then I might not be interested in the scans anymore XD